ADVERTISEMENT

A comment from AI

Dec 31, 2011
I ask AI, "If you rank college men basketball by wins, championships, all Americans, pro athletes, today and other factors, please list the top ten today. Here is what it said. Do you agree or disagree?

Ranking college basketball programs is subjective and can vary depending on the criteria used. However, based on factors such as championships, All-Americans, and success in producing professional athletes, here is a subjective ranking of the top 10 college basketball programs today:

1. University of Kentucky
  2. University of North Carolina
  3. Duke University
  4. University of Kansas
  5. University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
  6. University of Connecticut
  7. Michigan State University
  8. University of Arizona
  9. Syracuse University
  10. University of Louisville
It's important to note that this ranking is subjective and can change over time as programs experience different levels of success and produce new stars.

I ask AI, "If you rank college men basketball by wins, championships, all Americans, pro athletes, today and other factors, please list the top ten today. Here is what it said. Do you agree or disagree?

Ranking college basketball programs is subjective and can vary depending on the criteria used. However, based on factors such as championships, All-Americans, and success in producing professional athletes, here is a subjective ranking of the top 10 college basketball programs today:

1. University of Kentucky
  2. University of North Carolina
  3. Duke University
  4. University of Kansas
  5. University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
  6. University of Connecticut
  7. Michigan State University
  8. University of Arizona
  9. Syracuse University
  10. University of Louisville
It's important to note that this ranking is subjective and can change over time as programs experience different levels of success and produce new stars.
Where's IU? Oh right, there's no intelligence in Indiana, real or artificial.

The last time IU won a championship, the IBM PS/2 and Nintendo Entertainment System were cutting-edge technology, and A.L.I.C.E. and DeepBlue were still almost a decade off.
Gotcha but I am old school and think that history matters. I put IU in top ten for the history of college basketall. Recently they are not in the top 100. :)

Reactions: J_Dee
Duke has had no success with pros, isn’t near the top in wins, has only 5 titles they aren’t ahead of ucla. UNC is similar although they’ve had some pros.

It’s
1. UK
2 UCLA
3 UNC
4 kansas - I could justify putting KU two if we consider their history of developing the game and coaches.
5 duke
6. UCOnn

Msu is top 10 probably not 7th and the other 3 zona Louisville Syracuse lol are not top 10. Nova before any of them, iU before any of them, and florida before Syracuse at worst. Probably several others but they popped in my head first

Reactions: rnfoster
How can you misspell Villanova and get Syracuse? Yeah, AI is the end-all, be-all.

KennyP agrees with AI and he gets to come back from a 4-28 season.

Coach Pitino is laughing looking at his bank account.

Reactions: rnfoster
Where's IU? Oh right, there's no intelligence in Indiana, real or artificial.
Back in the 60s, I dated a girl at IU and really liked the campus. If your objection is just typical, camp, ginned-up, athletics ragging, carry on. As you were. Smoke if you got 'em.

Surprised we haven't seen fans/AI designing logos, jerseys, stadiums etc.

I wonder when the first team 'hires' AI to be a GM? Like Money Ball ×10?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT