ADVERTISEMENT

9 SEC games + one B1g game a year

Cat_Man_Blue

Sophomore
Jan 5, 2003
With news coming out today about the upcoming SEC B1G meeting to be held in Nashvile, I would say that the SEC will go to a nine game schedule and each team will also have to play a team from the other conference. I am all for it. This will mean the end of the Louisville game and I am fine with that. While this will be brutal for UK, it will be brutal for every team. The SEC and the B1g would each get 4 spots in the playoffs. The revenue will be insame. What say you?

I love it. It's not like UK has much of a chance of the playoff bid anyways with current scheduling. We would get a weaker big 10 team every year anyways. Not like we will draw osu or usc or Oregon or Michigan ever.

I love it. It's not like UK has much of a chance of the playoff bid anyways with current scheduling. We would get a weaker big 10 team every year anyways. Not like we will draw osu or usc or Oregon or Michigan ever.
I think UK could get into the playoffs. Think what UK could do this year if the Oline was as good as some of the best Stoops has had.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I think the 9 game schedule for in conference plus 1 Big 10 OOC is likely, but am reading that 3 auto bids are more likely than 4.

9 plus big 10 seems excessive. And it squeezes out Big 12 and Acc. Id prefer 9 and 1 and we should still play Louisville, but money grubbing Mitch would rather play Ohio for an extra 25,000.

With news coming out today about the upcoming SEC B1G meeting to be held in Nashvile, I would say that the SEC will go to a nine game schedule and each team will also have to play a team from the other conference. I am all for it. This will mean the end of the Louisville game and I am fine with that. While this will be brutal for UK, it will be brutal for every team. The SEC and the B1g would each get 4 spots in the playoffs. The revenue will be insame. What say you?
Might as well go all the way. 9 SEC and then one game against Big !0, Big 12 and ACC each. There you have it - 12 games schedule were every game means something. Then 9-3 teams will have a good chance at playoffs - just remember - the 12 team playoff will go away in all probablity in a couple of years - it will be 16 teams because it is logical and makes the most sense!

Go Big Blue!

Got to get more NIL for the big uglies on O... Not enough man power to climb up the ladder with the way this team is this year... If I had millions laying around I would buy 2 LT's every year, then I would buy a couple good guards and the best center in high school... Get a five star QB and a couple WO's that run sub 2 second 40's, lol... Well at least 4.3 or so... We got one but he can't catch a cold without a shirt in Alaska.... Has no ability to go anywhere but down seems...
Get a good OC who can call play's we all like, lol... Now what say you??

GBB

Reactions: mattrudd
I like playing U of L every year,why would this schedule mean we had to drop them? Who would fans miss more an annual rivalry game or a laugher like upcoming Murray State.
I hate U6 and anything about them... I want to beat them every game, I am in the middle on this issue... I don't want to play them every year but I like beating them... Can't stand that we had to start playing them again back in the what was it 80's or 90's...

GBB

If something like that ever happens I'd think a 13th game would be added.

As for U6, piss on them but UK could always catch them in a bowl IF U6 could get thru the buzzsaw ACC. 🤣.

I hate U6 and anything about them... I want to beat them every game, I am in the middle on this issue... I don't want to play them every year but I like beating them... Can't stand that we had to start playing them again back in the what was it 80's or 90's...

GBB
If the SEC dropping the ACC OOC games means they implode and leaves Louisville homeless, I’m okay with it. SEC and BIG are separating from the rest of football and are becoming the NFC/AFC.

^ACC & B12 breakups/demotions get likelier. We'll be down to Big Two, but more like Big One & a Half. What's left of ACC & B12 become AAA to the Big Show.

BTW, what happened to Clemson & FSU suing their ways out of ACC by now? In Spring, this was imminent - so the story went.

I agree that weaker Little 10 teams will come to Kentucky, but we will be on the road for Oregon, USC, UCLA or Washington. IMO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT