ADVERTISEMENT

8 Quarters without a TD

Conservative coaching, poor OLine play and overrated receivers. It’s not changing anytime soon.

I expect blowouts against Ole Miss, Tennessee and Texas. So there’s 5 losses.

I predicted 6-6 year and I’m having trouble seeing where the wins are going to come from.

Next year will be the same unless there is a coaching change.

Yeah. Many were saying the wall was back, BVG was the real deal, etc. he isn’t a good QB and the line can’t protect him. Irrational exuberance every single year. Some of the issues are in the line- but not all of them.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but we really never heard much about BV during Spring and Fall camps. It seems there was a reason.

Conservative coaching, poor OLine play and overrated receivers. It’s not changing anytime soon.

I expect blowouts against Ole Miss, Tennessee and Texas. So there’s 5 losses.

I predicted 6-6 year and I’m having trouble seeing where the wins are going to come from.

Next year will be the same unless there is a coaching change.
Doubtful we beat auburn or louisville. That is 8 losses. Vanderbilt will be a coin flip.

Lack of an offense cost us again. I think we have a pretty good defense against predictable offenses like our own, but you are not going to beat a powerhouse with just kicking field goals.

Reactions: ala_kat2
Sorry- I saw some analysis in the HOB when he signed with us.
Yes, clearly there was hype when he signed, no question. It was exciting and promising.
I'm referring to what we heard after he was here and training began in Spring and Fall camps. We heard very little.

Reactions: UKortho
Yes, clearly there was hype when he signed, no question. It was exciting and promising.
I'm referring to what we heard after he was here and training began in Spring and Fall camps. We heard very little.
The consensus on the HOB- preseason was over 2300 yards passing. He is on pace for 1,200. It’s impacted by SCar and UG for sure- but he won’t touch 2,000 imo

The consensus on the HOB- preseason was over 2300 yards passing. He is on pace for 1,200. It’s impacted by SCar and UG for sure- but he won’t touch 2,000 imo
You are probably correct.
BV's passing stats will probably be unimpressive and may be last in the conference. He can improve, though.
Leary, who received a lot of criticism here, was 2,746 YDS, 56.3%, 25 TD, 12 INT last year ... fwiw.

So after the ole miss game Kentucky will be 2-3 and going into the most important stretch of the season. If they wanna make a bowl they gotta win 2/3 to have a chance, and probably win all 3

Reactions: Dead Cat Bounce
BV's passing stats will probably be unimpressive and may be last in the conference. He can improve, though.
Leary, who received a lot of criticism here, was 2,746 YDS, 56.3%, 25 TD, 12 INT last year ... fwiw.
Leary was a fifth-year senior with 38 starts at NC State and a former preseason pick as ACC player of the year before an injury scuttled that season. Vandagriff only had mop up minutes at Georgia and never started a game in college before this season. IMO it is unrealistic to expect him to be a polished and efficient SEC quarterback at this point in his career.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrschwump
You have the number 1 team on the ropes. You make no effort for a play before halftime and then punt it with 3 minutes left in the game at midfield. Terrible in game decisions. No killer instinct. No will to take risks.

Iowa football at UK from the 80s. That's who he is.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we really never heard much about BV during Spring and Fall camps. It seems there was a reason.
I thought about that last night. There never was much excitement or big news put out about him in the off season which I found odd. I think we know why now.

You have the number 1 team on the ropes. You make no effort for a play before halftime and then punt it with 3 minutes left in the game at midfield. Terrible in game decisions. No killer instinct. No will to take risks.

Iowa football at UK from the 80s. That's who he is.
IMO… Stoops doesn’t have the will to win and he doesn’t have a fear of losing.

Leary had an offensive coordinator that was good enough to have the same job in the NFL. Everyone knew that Coen was a guy moving to the top. The guy we have now has seen every one of his previous stops improve on that side of the ball after he left.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I told my son at halftime that we should have taken a shot at the end zone. We were inside the 15 with 9 seconds, right? I said you don’t beat a Georgia on just FGs.

Then at end of game 4th and 8 with 3:20 to go, I said we should have gone for it. Make it then we got 3 plays to get the extra 5 yards to put us in FG range.
Say 30% chance we get the 1st down, then 80% we get those extra 5 yards, and 70% we make the FG, and then a 80% chance we stop them from quickly scoring with not much time. Thats a 13% chance we win.

But the alternative was that we stop UGA from moving downfield (50%) and we then march downfield with little time (20%) and make the FG (70%), for a total of 7% chance to win.
13% > 7%

Leary would have had no issues with me if not for that putrid completion percentage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT