ADVERTISEMENT

Reversed INT

What I’m saying is it could only be incomplete which they called or a complete pass which would have been down on the spot. No way could it be a fumble or an interception. They got it right.

Well I don't agree with that at all. Whether they got it right or night is debatable.

Again, there HAS to be irrefutable evidence by the rule to overturn the call. It was ruled an interception on the field. There was no angle showing the ball hit the turf. I would agree it is likely, that it did, but no angle showing it.

Separate from that, I don't understand how you think it would have to be ruled complete and down. That doesn't make sense....if a live ball is batted into the air by a receiver it isn't ruled complete unless they have possession....and if it doesn't hit the turf it is still a live ball. So again, the only question is if the ball hit the turf or not.

After watching South Carolina get hosed most of the game yesterday I wasn't expecting to get the call in UKs favor. The non call on the face mask was a worse call. I've never seen a helmet ripped off and no call.

Again, there HAS to be irrefutable evidence by the rule to overturn the call. It was ruled an interception on the field. There was no angle showing the ball hit the turf. I would agree it is likely, that it did, but no angle showing it.
I disagree. Perhaps someone could post a link of the play (I couldn't immediately find one), but I recall it being very obvious that the ball hit the ground when I watched the replay last night. Enough so to leave no doubt about it.

There's no way you or anybody else here would be having this argument if it didn't involve UK. That was clearly an incomplete pass to any objective eyes.

What I’m saying is it could only be incomplete which they called or a complete pass which would have been down on the spot. No way could it be a fumble or an interception. They got it right.
You explained it well. No matter how it was called, UK wasn't deserving of the ball on that play.

Certain programs are going to be favored by refs and the media/committees. That’s undeniable. Georgia, Bama are the belle of the ball for that. LSU isn’t far behind.

Certain programs are going to be favored by refs and the media/committees. That’s undeniable. Georgia, Bama are the belle of the ball for that. LSU isn’t far behind.
Got to figure TN in there too. They must have video/audio of SEC admins.

I disagree. Perhaps someone could post a link of the play (I couldn't immediately find one), but I recall it being very obvious that the ball hit the ground when I watched the replay last night. Enough so to leave no doubt about it.

There's no way you or anybody else here would be having this argument if it didn't involve UK. That was clearly an incomplete pass to any objective eyes.

I watched every replay they showed. You can only assume it hit the turf, not see it. My original post was comparing to a replay where you see it hit the turf. Angles shown yesterday can only be an assumption. The WR had both hands under the ball and then view disappears. If it was so obvious they would have called it incomplete from the jump.

I'm not making excuses btw. Just stating my interpretation and it doesn't matter if I'm a UK fan. Coming at this objectively.

I believe we were completely screwed. I don’t care what the ref thought, there is no indisputable video evidence that would have over turned the call on the field. Touchdown. Also two missed blatant PI calls. Also, targeting call that would have put us half the distance to the goal line.

It was the right call. You can't win games like that when you play that conservatively. At some point you have to have the courage to go for more than just field goals.

We actually could have won the game. To say otherwise is disingenuous. You take the field goals.

WHAT YOU DON'T DO is go away from what's been working. What you don't do is put the GAME in GEORGIA'S HANDS when you have the ball in their territory. What you DON'T DO IS FORGET WHAT GOT YOU THERE.

And we did that. We continue to do that

As I said from the first 2 snaps of that series last night, we run the football and the game is ours. Confidently drive, score for the lead, and put the game squarely in the hands of your defense THAT EARNED THAT. Still can't believe we passed the ball at that point, and again, and at that point, had no choice but to try to pass one more time.

The game was lost on the FIRST 2 PLAYS of the series where we punted. It wasn't "playing conservative" that cost us the game. It was playing stupid and going away from what was working.

Not true. Absolutely not true. The ONLY ruling is whether the ball made contact with the ground.

The call on the field was an INT and TD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT