ADVERTISEMENT

8,000,000 Apply for Student Loan Forgiveness

What's preposterous about a non-you person not getting paid more since Covid? That is the case for plenty of people

As a small business owner my staff expense has increased 20%, what I was saying was preposterous is you saying employee wages haven’t increased. They objectively have, considerably. As a small business owner I make less, because I have to pay employees more, even though I have all the risk and stress. Just like everything in this country - it’s the business owners that get screwed and have to carry this country.

As a small business owner my staff expense has increased 20%, what I was saying was preposterous is you saying employee wages haven’t increased. They objectively have, considerably. As a small business owner I make less, because I have to pay employees more, even though I have all the risk and stress. Just like everything in this country - it’s the business owners that get screwed and have to carry this country.
Both of us can be right here. Wages went up for some but not all

Both of us can be right here. Wages went up for some but not all

The average wage in this country went up - it’s not debatable. Look it up. Saying wages didn’t go up and then insinuating that business owners magically made out is maddening and ridiculous. Sorry, but it just is. It’s been incredibly and is continuing to be extremely challenging, stressful, and difficult to run a business with this labor shortage, insane demands of workers, and overall environment.

The average wage in this country went up - it’s not debatable. Look it up. Saying wages didn’t go up and then insinuating that business owners magically made out is maddening and ridiculous. Sorry, but it just is. It’s been incredibly and is continuing to be extremely challenging, stressful, and difficult to run a business with this labor shortage, insane demands of workers, and overall environment.
You're taking this way too personal. The average wage went up but does that include every person? No, that's what I'm trying to say

• Haha
Reactions: Mdnerd
It’s all good bud, you just happened to strike a nerve. I did take it personal as I’ve been incredibly stressed running a business the last 3 years, it’s been hell.
wasn't trying to come at you at all, i know it's been crazy out there. that's why i get a bit passionate about this stuff cause it's been such a struggle. good luck to you sir

Reactions: Ron Mehico
There doesn't even need to be reform. Just needs to be one change - remove bankruptcy protection. Do that and this all solves itself.

I know I posted that way way back and a few other times, but it's really the only thing needed to solve the whole out of control situation

Biden’s people love this issue. The SCOTUS did what Biden, Pelosi, and everyone knew it would do, which Biden’s people were counting upon. Now, this stays a ripe issue for the election to buy votes.

Well until they have to start paying them back again in October a month before they vote 😂. Thought that was a pretty good chess move by republicans with the debt ceiling fight

Well until they have to start paying them back again in October a month before they vote 😂. Thought that was a pretty good chess move by republicans with the debt ceiling fight
Damn, I was being nice about your business then you go and like a post saying I need to work harder? The double standard...

• Wow
Reactions: Ron Mehico
Stealing from your boss -- that's the true Democrat way!
It's Friday Hank, relax a bit. The benefit of this job is that I can finish all of my work early in the day then spend the rest of my time arguing with strangers on the internet. And people wonder why I haven't found a new job...

Eh fair enough, while we're on that point. Don't act like I don't see you @Caveman Catfan. Liking all the posts that are going at me, you are and always will be a stalker.
First, that post was hilarious. Ha! I had to like it!

Second, I really encourage you to learn more about message boards. This is a public forum. If you think you are having a private conversation with someone in this thread, your boss may need to consider a replacement.

:)

Reactions: warrior-cat
First, that post was hilarious. Ha! I had to like it!

Second, I really encourage you to learn more about message boards. This is a public forum. If you think you are having a private conversation with someone in this thread, your boss may need to consider a replacement.

:)
I fully understand how a message board works, I just like getting under your skin about the whole stalker thing cause I know how much of a trigger it is for you considering multiple people have called you that (I'm a troll, sue me).

Be careful what you wish for. If I get fired from here, I'm going back to being a sub and God forbid I'm in charge of a classroom again. I'm telling all of the students that God isn't real and that being gay is okay (I wouldn't actually talk to kids about that, I hope everyone who read that can take a joke).

• Haha
Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Bottom line is I don't need young people's money being tied up in student loans. I need them paying for my Medicare.
If they are working, that achieves your goal. But, I agree a fix is needed. The problem is that Biden does not want a fix, because a fix would consider more than taxpayers paying for the current debt. The system and the way colleges have abused the system needs to be addressed.

There doesn't even need to be reform. Just needs to be one change - remove bankruptcy protection. Do that and this all solves itself.

I know I posted that way way back and a few other times, but it's really the only thing needed to solve the whole out of control situation
Under Obama, the federal government took over almost all student loans. If you allow student loans to be discharged in bankruptcy, it would be the taxpayers getting stiffed. How does that fix the system? Now if the colleges were the ones issuing credit instead of the government, your plan might work.

That's correct, we have a labor shortage right now and many businesses are finding it more difficult to attract employees which has put upward pressure on wages overall, and has contributed to inflation.

Under Obama, the federal government took over almost all student loans. If you allow student loans to be discharged in bankruptcy, it would be the taxpayers getting stiffed. How does that fix the system? Now if the colleges were the ones issuing credit instead of the government, your plan might work.

Taxpayers are getting stiffed no matter what. That already happened and it will happen again to fix it.

How it fixes it in the long run is it brings risk back into the picture which brings underwriting back into the picture. That means no more blank checks. This will cut off free money to schools who will have to 1) reduce costs and 2) stop offering crap/worthless degrees/classes

There is no solution that doesn't end up wit taxpayers paying in the initial round. This solution limits the exposure to the initial rush rather than a neverending bill. It also limits the inevitable bloat of nonsense that will come along with any other government solution

Dead giveaways that somebody doesn't understand economics:

They argue for mandated wage increases.

They argue for increased corporate taxes.

They whine about the wealthy paying "their fair share"

And immediately after wages increase and corporate taxes increase, they'll bitch about inflation.

Biden’s people love this issue. The SCOTUS did what Biden, Pelosi, and everyone knew it would do, which Biden’s people were counting upon. Now, this stays a ripe issue for the election to buy votes.
I agree, it was a win-win for Biden. I don't think they intended on forgiving the loans and were just virtue signaling and can now blame the republicans.

Taxpayers are getting stiffed no matter what. That already happened and it will happen again to fix it.

How it fixes it in the long run is it brings risk back into the picture which brings underwriting back into the picture. That means no more blank checks. This will cut off free money to schools who will have to 1) reduce costs and 2) stop offering crap/worthless degrees/classes

There is no solution that doesn't end up wit taxpayers paying in the initial round. This solution limits the exposure to the initial rush rather than a neverending bill. It also limits the inevitable bloat of nonsense that will come along with any other government solution
And the taxpayer most affected is those old retirees who's will lose more of their money that many cannot afford to lose.

• Sad
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT