ADVERTISEMENT

35-2...unreal

this....anyone who watched the game would see this. KU was attacking and WVU was shooting 3s and making them.

Might want to look up the ampount of 3s taken vs 2s taken.

It doesn't fit tour narrative ...I do agree, west Virginia's style should lead to less free throws.. but 35-2....thats absurd

Reactions: JStaff2187
Didn't realize that if KU wins the conference they break Wooden's record of most conference championships. Nah, no reason to shift bias or anything.

:rolleyes:

Umm...Wrong!

Screen_Shot_2018_02_17_at_8_50_39_PM.png
And I guarantee you that is WRONG.

Fair enough. But that's physical basketball. And if you're going to call it, call it both ways. No way KU only fouled ONCE in the second half. That's just not possible in a physical game of basketball.
Looks like it was 8 fouls on KU in the 2nd.

"The sad part is they (Kansas) don’t need it. They are a good team and are very well coached. They don’t need that, man. They don’t need somebody to do that. And I’m going to tell you what. There’s something wrong when you do that to kids who played their heart out (like that).”

Higgins is correct!!

Reactions: Wildcat Sheli
Yeah but Miles had a line violation on one so it should have been 35-3! Vindication for Higgy, a true master of his craft.

Reactions: JStaff2187
"The sad part is they (Kansas) don’t need it. They are a good team and are very well coached. They don’t need that, man. They don’t need somebody to do that. And I’m going to tell you what. There’s something wrong when you do that to kids who played their heart out (like that).”

Higgins is correct!!

You mean HUggins.:flushed:

HIggins is NEVER "correct"!!:weary:

Sorry, could't resist.:D

West Virginia fouls every single possession on defense and jacks three point shots every time on offense. Not that surprising honestly.

C1_AEAA13_C2_DE_4593_ACE7_48_E3_CBEC3588.jpg

I remember when we went to Kansas and they shot 50 free throws. I’m sure you can explain that one away too.

Reactions: Mr_GG
And? We're talking about now. There's no defense of what happened in Lawrence tonight.

hard to get a lot of shooting fouls when all but a handful of your shots are jumpers. also, WVU plays basketball like football and KU has no depth and simply can’t afford to foul this year, Self has said at certain times he would rather them just concede the basket then commit a foul.

and i agree 35-2 is crazy, no denying it. but looks like tonight was a game where the refs decided to actually call their fouls and Carter goes the first half without a single foul with how aggressive he plays?

hard to get a lot of shooting fouls when all but a handful of your shots are jumpers. also, WVU plays basketball like football and KU has no depth and simply can’t afford to foul this year, Self has said at certain times he would rather them just concede the basket then commit a foul.

and i agree 35-2 is crazy, no denying it. but looks like tonight was a game where the refs decided to actually call their fouls and Carter goes the first half without a single foul with how aggressive he plays?

A lot of coaches, non KU fans, and sportswriters are disagreeing with you tonight. Any person in their heart of hearts knows that tonight was a robbing.

never understood why people compare number of FT's as opposed to number of fouls called. FT attemps are affected by things like bonus/no bonus and missed 1 and 1's that have a lot less to do with the refs.

In this game it was 26-14 which is still lopsided but not as much as the number of FT attempts. And no I'm not defending Higgins but damned if I'm going to be surprised if a Thuggins hack fest racked up 26 fouls in a game

Reactions: Cali-Hawk
What's worse is that is more common than uncommon at Kansas. They have the best home whistle in the nation and it's often extremely lopsided just like this one.

UNC and Duke also get a very good whistle but not that blatant.

We are the only blue blood that doesn't get protected at home by its conference. Half the time we are thrilled to have an evenly called game both ways and not have key players on the bench early.

I looked this up and KU is actually 316 nationally in ft’s at home at 21 a game. Believe it or not, Uk is 10th at 26 a game. No idea where you can find the disparity between teams in terms of home whistles for you and against opponent. Would be interesting to see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT