ADVERTISEMENT

35-2...unreal

screw_stick.jpg

What's worse is that is more common than uncommon at Kansas. They have the best home whistle in the nation and it's often extremely lopsided just like this one.

UNC and Duke also get a very good whistle but not that blatant.

We are the only blue blood that doesn't get protected at home by its conference. Half the time we are thrilled to have an evenly called game both ways and not have key players on the bench early.

It's literally impossible to have that type of discrepancy when two teams are evenly matched.

Reactions: uky8unc5
Seriously? There's no way a team can commit 16 more fouls while the other team commits ONE. No way. Not unless they are the Patriots offensive line.
I just hate the way Huggins’ teams play defense. They hack, grab and do all sorts of things that are never called. I swear if a ref wanted to call it straight up he could foul out most of their guys by halftime. Just ugly to watch.

I just hate the way Huggins’ teams play defense. They hack, grab and do all sorts of things that are never called. I swear if a ref wanted to call it straight up he could foul out most of their guys by halftime. Just ugly to watch.

Fair enough. But that's physical basketball. And if you're going to call it, call it both ways. No way KU only fouled ONCE in the second half. That's just not possible in a physical game of basketball.

This is a shame to the great sport of college basketball. Who employs Higgins, is it a conference or the NCAA?

Neither. He's an independent contractor, free to work for whichever conference (or conferences) decides to hire him.

As for the roofing business, I have no idea how that's structured, but I would guess it's a single member LLC taxed as an S-Corporation.

What is Kansas all time record in games Higgins calls ? I don’t know how to look it up

WVU definitely fouls more. 20-10 or 25–2 or something may be ok. 35-2, that’s obnoxiously ridiculous.

Reactions: chaisey
Neither. He's an independent contractor, free to work for whichever conference (or conferences) decides to hire him.

As for the roofing business, I have no idea how that's structured, but I would guess it's a single member LLC taxed as an S-Corporation.

I've been watching basketball a long time, but are they all that way? I thought conferences hired their own and then the NCAA took from those for the Tournament.

If that's true, then I think a SERIOUS look needs to be done. Independent contractors get away with murder...just ask Blackwater. Seriously though, oversight on independent contractors is lacking.

KU had maybe 8 fouls in the second half not 1. WV in the bonus with about 2 minutes left.

I've been watching basketball a long time, but are they all that way? I thought conferences hired their own and then the NCAA took from those for the Tournament.

If that's true, then I think a SERIOUS look needs to be done. Independent contractors get away with murder...just ask Blackwater. Seriously though, oversight on independent contractors is lacking.

Yes, every NCAA official is an independent contractor. And while I'm sure there are certain standards outlined in their contracts, it's probably very difficult for a conference to terminate them. If they were employees of the conferences, it might be a completely different story.

The only comments that POS Biias said was oh that wasn’t a foul by Kansas the officials missed that one !

ADVERTISEMENT