ADVERTISEMENT

3 straight Q4 turnovers lost the game, not Stoops

Semantics
Facts. History and facts. And circumstances. Kentucky will never be the program that you want it to be and that’s ok. I cheer my ass off knowing my team will likely never win a national championship. Sometimes you just have to know who you are. It doesn’t make anyone any less of a fan. But you keep on dreaming if it makes you feel good.

What a bunch of NONSENSE OP. You act like the self destruct we saw today was some sort of outlier. We have watched it all year, hell, OFF and often on for ELEVEN YEARS. Of course it is the coaches fault. When you cant fix it, it might be time to determine you lack the skills to correct it. Itsbecome pretty obvious our coach doesn't

Reactions: FirewithFire
The turnovers really hurt, but they had overcome them. The prevent defense lost the game. Every time we sent 4 or 5 we were getting pressure (see intentional grounding call on final drive) but they only sent 3 the majority of the drive. Common strategy for some reason but it rarely works.

Really, I had no idea Shannahan (last week) Saban (against Texas) , Mcvey etc sucked? They’ve all and many many more ( basically every coach that’s ever coached) lost games because of dumb turnovers. You should apply??
Out of character for those you provide as your exaples. Not out of character for our team. That Barion Brown fumble does not happen if Saban is his coach.

Out of character for those you provide as your exaples. Not out of character for our team. That Barion Brown fumble does not happen if Saban is his

Stoops now being blamed for players flat dropping a loaf of bread on the carpet. LOL! The Stoops derangement Syndrome is childish but funny. Do we need to pass out nap mats and puppies???

If it rains on New Year’s Eve, dam that Stoops!!

Facts. History and facts. And circumstances. Kentucky will never be the program that you want it to be and that’s ok. I cheer my ass off knowing my team will likely never win a national championship. Sometimes you just have to know who you are. It doesn’t make anyone any less of a fan. But you keep on dreaming if it makes you feel good.
It 100% makes you less of a fan.

Probably would have been a good time to use those 3 time outs if they were gassed.

And I just wasn't referring to the last drive. We had Clemson 3rd and 28 on another drive, and guess what defense we played on that down??
Time was on our side. I don't think you want to be calling timeouts to give them more time to score. We blew the game with turnovers. You take those away and we win. They were favored. Our coaches out coached them and put us in position to pull off the upset, but we turned it over 4 times.

Time was on our side. I don't think you want to be calling timeouts to give them more time to score. We blew the game with turnovers. You take those away and we win. They were favored. Our coaches out coached them and put us in position to pull off the upset, but we turned it over 4 times.
And quite playing aggressive defense.

And quite playing aggressive defense.
I think there was a reason for that. It didn't work out, but I think they were trying to protect an inexperienced corner who they were worried would give up a big play. The thinking was to play soft and try to protect him. It didn't work. We can't know what would have happened if they choose the opposite path. We may have won. He may have given up a big play and we lose anyway. They made a decision based on who they had available to play. It didn't work out. Given another chance, they would probably try something different. That, may or may not, work out.

17 points off of 3 straight turnovers won/lost the game. The players were put in a position to easily win and coughed it up.

I guess trolls, drunks and bettors take over during losses,

Then there's the posters who hate Stoops and this was their chance to dance around and say "see, told you so!". Saw alot of things yesterday that would make a fan excited for next year with a better QB.
When you turn the ball over 3 times in the 4th quarter of a bowl game, you lose the game. Kentucky had more offensive yardage, more chunk plays, more sacks. If I had told you before the game that we would have bigger plays, more yards, and more sacks, you would have expected to win it. But you have to play winning football, and turning the ball over three times in our last 4 possessions is not winning football. That is on Leary and Barion. Without the turnovers, Leary and Barion had a good day. But the turnovers lost the game. It was not coaching. It was execution. Let's just take the bull by the horns and say the truth. Lots of weenies, sissies, cowards, trolls, and ignoramuses hang out on this web board for moments like these when they can bash Mark Stoops and the school. When we win, you don't see them. When we beat Florida and UL, we didn't hear from them. So very definition of fair weather. We win more than we lose. If Brock Vandagriff and Ja'Mori Maclin are better than Leary and Tavion Robinson, 2024 will be a step forward. I am already a Dumas Johnson fan. Don't give in to the trolls, weaklings, and miserables.

When you turn the ball over 3 times in the 4th quarter of a bowl game, you lose the game. Kentucky had more offensive yardage, more chunk plays, more sacks. If I had told you before the game that we would have bigger plays, more yards, and more sacks, you would have expected to win it. But you have to play winning football, and turning the ball over three times in our last 4 possessions is not winning football. That is on Leary and Barion. Without the turnovers, Leary and Barion had a good day. But the turnovers lost the game. It was not coaching. It was execution. Let's just take the bull by the horns and say the truth. Lots of weenies, sissies, cowards, trolls, and ignoramuses hang out on this web board for moments like these when they can bash Mark Stoops and the school. When we win, you don't see them. When we beat Florida and UL, we didn't hear from them. So very definition of fair weather. We win more than we lose. If Brock Vandagriff and Ja'Mori Maclin are better than Leary and Tavion Robinson, 2024 will be a step forward. I am already a Dumas Johnson fan. Don't give in to the trolls, weaklings, and miserables.
Our team constantly makes boneheaded plays mistakes and turnovers. That shows lack of discipline and emphasis on fundamentals. A team is always a reflection of its coach.

Our team constantly makes boneheaded plays mistakes and turnovers. That shows lack of discipline and emphasis on fundamentals. A team is always a reflection of its coach.
What about the years where we had low turnovers and were on the plus side in most games. Were they also a reflection of the coach?

Reactions: EdgeHD
Our team constantly makes boneheaded plays mistakes and turnovers.

Except when we don't. Football is a men's game where tough physical contact and extra effort lead to mistakes sometimes. Clemson made mistakes too. Grow up, toughen up, and try to learn about the game. And please don't tell me you know more about football than I do. I promise, you don't.

17 points off of 3 straight turnovers won/lost the game.
Just for the sake of accuracy, they scored only 11 points off the turnovers. Our defense got an interception on the play immediately following one of the turnovers. Two of the Clemson drives following turnovers were 1 play drives, also. Not sure “the defense was worn out because of the turnovers argument holds much water.”

Except when we don't. Football is a men's game where tough physical contact and extra effort lead to mistakes sometimes. Clemson made mistakes too. Grow up, toughen up, and try to learn about the game. And please don't tell me you know more about football than I do. I promise, you don't.

But he didn't because U6's genius HoF in waiting coach could figure it out. That 38-31 stung didn't it??
I’m not saying Stoops is the worst coach in the game, but he’s pretty close😂

I think there was a reason for that. It didn't work out, but I think they were trying to protect an inexperienced corner who they were worried would give up a big play. The thinking was to play soft and try to protect him. It didn't work. We can't know what would have happened if they choose the opposite path. We may have won. He may have given up a big play and we lose anyway. They made a decision based on who they had available to play. It didn't work out. Given another chance, they would probably try something different. That, may or may not, work out.
If Stoops could do it over he would play it the same way because that’s who he is.

😂😂. Do you offer football lessons?

We win the game without the turnovers, the turnovers had nothing to do with Stoops.
We also probably stop Clemsux if we play man and rush 4 instead of the charmin extra soft 3 rush and playing 10 yards off the receivers. We gave Klubnick time to eat a sandwich, smoke a cigarette and find his WIDE OPEN receiver with nobody within 10 yds for a 16 yd gain. Then the Dline got pushed back 5 yds on 4th and 2 to give the game to Clemsux.

This is nothing new, the play not to lose but lose bend but always breaks defense is a Stoops trademark. You can blame Brad White all you want, but he was doing exactly what Stoops ordered and trained him to do, play soft.

Clemsux knew UK would play that defense from game film from just about every game, every season. How many times have we watched Stoops and the Defense let a team March right down the field to score in the last 2-3 minutes of each half? I can't remember in a tight game when we didn't. He played defense that at FSU and he will never change his Uber conservative ways. How many DCs and OCs have we seen with their hands tied by him....he is the common denominator. He always finds a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

We were ahead 35-30 when Clemson started their last drive.

After all the turnovers, the offense still managed to get us a lead with just over 2 minutes to go in the game.

If you think our coaches outcoached Clemson on that last drive, you are disputing what CMS said about how they handled it on defense.

That famous prevent defense worked again. Prevented us from winning, that is.

We were ahead 35-30 when Clemson started their last drive.

After all the turnovers, the offense still managed to get us a lead with just over 2 minutes to go in the game.

If you think our coaches outcoached Clemson on that last drive, you are disputing what CMS said about how they handled it on defense.

That famous prevent defense worked again. Prevented us from winning, that is.
This. In these circumstances, at least make the other team make a play to beat you. Ar worst you get ball back with time on the clock.

CMS blames the players for not executing on the 3rd and 18 instead of admitting that HE made a coaching turnover by remaining in the prevent the whole drive. Playing not to lose instead of playing to win!

Turnovers my a$$, that chicken sh!t prevent, soft zone, rush three defense on the last drive cost us the game! We have seen it way too many times! DB’s backed off 13 yards, QB’s standing back there picking our defense apart!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT