ADVERTISEMENT

3 straight Q4 turnovers lost the game, not Stoops

I feel bad for the guys that get out of bed every day hating Stoops. But I guess some like to waste their day.
I feel bad for anyone that thinks that anyone gets outa bed like that... I don't hate him, but he plays not to lose and has lost a lot of games that way.
It would be worse to wake up stupid (not ignorant) and deny that he has huge coaching decencies

Reactions: 55wildcat
Sure a long time prowler just finally got the keyboard courage to come call out other people’s posts.

What have you done for me lately? Sure you were happy with Tubby every year.

Stoops and company had them in position for a blowout until THREE straight turnovers. Gotta be a gut punch for the Stoops haters.....so they double down and look dumber.

Tubby performed below program history.

Stoops performs well above program history.

CASE CLOSED!!!
Correction - most of the years Tubby performed at or above the program's history. He had a slight tail off the last 2 years (8 seeds and early exits), fans started grumbling and he left. You know, the kind of tail off that we've been experiencing on the basketball side now for at least 5 years. Our standards are much lower now.

Tubby's 3 years before those last 2, we were the winningest team in college basketball. Oh and he won a national championship before that.

17 points off of 3 straight turnovers won/lost the game. The players were put in a position to easily win and coughed it up.

I guess trolls, drunks and bettors take over during losses,

Then there's the posters who hate Stoops and this was their chance to dance around and say "see, told you so!". Saw alot of things yesterday that would make a fan excited for next year with a better QB.
We win the game without the turnovers, the turnovers had nothing to do with Stoops.

The coaches are great, did you see that defense on the last possession! It was so great that I think it caught Clemson off guard. They were expecting to see what had worked all day but instead we went with the “what hasn’t worked all year defense”. 6-6 is gonna be awesome next year!
Bring back Joker!!!

• Love
Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
After all those turnovers and dumb mistakes, ONE STOP on defense and we win that game.

Just one.
Chicken and the egg. You gotta ask yourself, why were we in the position we were in on that last drive? Probably one less turnover

Just one less

17 points off of 3 straight turnovers won/lost the game. The players were put in a position to easily win and coughed it up.

Then there's the posters who hate Stoops and this was their chance to dance around and say "see, told you so!". Saw alot of things yesterday that would make a fan excited for next year with a better QB.
Sounds like you were the one drinking.

That’s perfect, let’s just stay way we are. Its not like it’s gonna get harder with the changes coming in college football.
You’re at it again today? You’re exhibiting a mindset that a lot of people are foolishly exhibiting. It’s short sighted.

You think that Kentucky is one home run hire away from being elite. But let me tell you (again) why you’re living in fantasy land. For starters, there is no home run hire. We would not get a top level D1 coach from another school. We would have 2 options, a coordinator or a mid major head coach.

We have a top 25-30 recruiting class currently. That’s gone. Poof. Gone.

We have excellent portal additions. A QB from Georgia, Rb from Ohio state, WR from TAM, and an all American LB from Georgia. All brought in by this staff. They would be gone. Poof

All of our best players like Deon Walker……gone. Transfer portal. You’re looking at a ground up rebuild heading into the new SEC.

NIL deals are in place and stoops has the pockets of our biggest boosters. He is in their favor. Will that money be there if we fire stoops? Probably not.

Will hiring a new coach improve our recruiting base? No. This is the plight of the football program and always has been.

Like it or not, this is the golden age of Kentucky football. This isn’t up for debate. Its fact. No one with any sense is lobbying to fire the coach. It has nothing to do with expectations or settling for mediocrity. We all want to win. But there’s fantasy and there’s reality. Sometimes you just can’t date a supermodel no matter how many changes you make.

If you simply can’t stomach this football team anymore then you just need to move on. But your magic wand theory is pure fantasy.

Last edited:
It's astonishing that people actually believe that the UK staff coached a good game. I won't attempt to argue the obvious points because they are clearly beyond them, but it does remind me that much of our fan-base is still basketball fans that dip into football for entertainment between BB games.

GBB

Like I said, you have nothing but "the coaches suck!" and personal insults . You have no valid argument, just juvenile stuff.
Pards, we had a lead with 50 seconds to go and 3rd and 18. Blitz the QB on 3rd and 4th down and we win. Hell he might have fumbled it on 3rd down under heavy pressure. But our chicken shit coach played soft like he was coaching grade school and we paid the price by losing. It’s that simple. We were winning in spite of the turnovers. And Stoops screwed the pooch. What about that can’t you understand?

I posted it numerous times and still find it curious why fans do anything imaginable to avoid criticism of coen. 3 turnovers in 8 plays in the 4th all on our side of the field is just a brutal stretch. 2 resulting from play calls that were poor.

That stretch absolutely lost the game. It gassed the defense including an injury to our #2 cb all of which ultimately decided that final drive.

PwUdvxs.jpg

Chicken and the egg. You gotta ask yourself, why were we in the position we were in on that last drive? Probably one less turnover

Just one less
I know why we were in the position we were in on that last drive.

It was the chicken.

Reactions: Blouman
The coaches are great, did you see that defense on the last possession! It was so great that I think it caught Clemson off guard. They were expecting to see what had worked all day but instead we went with the “what hasn’t worked all year defense”. 6-6 is gonna be awesome next year!
Then stop watching dude. No one is forcing you to go thru the pain.

You’re at it again today? You’re exhibiting a mindset that a lot of people are foolishly exhibiting. It’s short sighted.

You think that Kentucky is one home run hire away from being elite. But let me tell you (again) why you’re living in fantasy land. For starters, there is no home run hire. We would not get a top level D1 coach from another school. We would have 2 options, a coordinator or a mid major head coach.

We have excellent portal additions. A QB from Georgia, Rb from Ohio state, WR from TAM, and an all American LB from Georgia. All brought in by this staff. They would be gone. Poof

All of our best players like Deon Walker……gone. Transfer portal. You’re looking at a ground up rebuild heading into the new SEC.

NIL deals are in place and stoops has the pockets of our biggest boosters. He is in their favor. Will that money be there if we fire stoops? Probably not.

Will hiring a new coach improve our recruiting base? No. This is the plight of the football program and always has been.

Like it or not, this is the golden age of Kentucky football. This isn’t up for debate. Its fact. No one with any sense is lobbying to fire the coach. It has nothing to do with expectations or settling for mediocrity. We all want to win. But there’s fantasy and there’s reality. Sometimes you just can’t date a supermodel no matter how many changes you make.

If you simply can’t stomach this football team anymore then you just need to move on. But your magic wand theory is pure fantasy.
You have a very strange outlook on our program. Sounds like you need to put down the pipe.

I posted it numerous times and still find it curious why fans do anything imaginable to avoid criticism of coen. 3 turnovers in 8 plays in the 4th all on our side of the field is just a brutal stretch. 2 resulting from play calls that were poor.

That stretch absolutely lost the game. It gassed the defense including an injury to our #2 cb all of which ultimately decided that final drive.
Maybe it is because the offense changed dramatically after BB scored to open the second half.

Was that Coen suddenly deciding to stop being aggressive on offense like we had been in the first half?????

We certainly lost momentum in that 3rd quarter because of the vanilla play calls on offense?

Was that Coen? Did he make that decision all by himself???

Was it BW that suddenly stopped pressuring the QB on that final drive and decided to play a soft zone and rush 3???? If so, why?? Did he make that decision by himself???

And even at that, it is kinda hard to criticize an OC when you hang 35 points on Clemson and have 400 yards of offense. (Yes, I know 7 points were special teams). But those 400 yards were pure offense.

35 points and 400 yards offense will beat most teams if you have a solid defense and know how to play with a lead.

Yesterday's loss is NOT on Coen.

You have a very strange outlook on our program. Sounds like you need to put down the pipe.
Preach on brother I mean no way we could ever hire anybody better than Stoops can't understand why everybody doesn't get on board with 7 and 6 or 6 and 6 seasons I mean if Kentucky went and got prime time no way in hell he could recruit like Stoops no way

Reactions: CatPhight
Maybe it is because the offense changed dramatically after BB scored to open the second half.

Was that Coen suddenly deciding to stop being aggressive on offense like we had been in the first half?????

We certainly lost momentum in that 3rd quarter because of the vanilla play calls on offense?

Was that Coen? Did he make that decision all by himself???

Was it BW that suddenly stopped pressuring the QB on that final drive and decided to play a soft zone and rush 3???? If so, why?? Did he make that decision by himself???

And even at that, it is kinda hard to criticize an OC when you hang 35 points on Clemson and have 400 yards of offense. (Yes, I know 7 points were special teams). But those 400 yards were pure offense.

35 points and 400 yards offense will beat most teams if you have a solid defense and know how to play with a lead.

Yesterday's loss is NOT on Coen.

Perfect example. Coen's problem was being too aggressive. So yes that was 100% on him. No need to call go routes to bb or abs. It cost us 4 total games this year including this one.

Perfect example. Coen's problem was being too aggressive. So yes that was 100% on him. No need to call go routes to bb or abs. It cost us 4 total games this year including this one.
Did you think that when the go route to BB for a TD got us the lead back, or no???

Normally I agree with you on Coen and his go routes, but BB had his man beat all day long on every play. If Leary could throw a ball more than two yards with any degree of consistency those plays would have paid off big time.

Even so, I hate the gut run. That play was jammed up all day but the off tackles and sweeps were open. That I can say was on Coen, or whoever was calling that crap.

Mention of turnovers putting the D in a bad way, very true, but nothing about UK scoring quickly. KO return, long TD pass to Brown was a drive of a handful of plays, 72 yarder to Dingle led to a 4-play TD drive. Maybe UK scored too fast. ;)
was thinking during the game that CMS was thinking exactly that lol

Agree. Having said that, I think some pressure on that last drive would've been helpful. The "prevent defense" typically prevents a win. Also a timeout or two on that drive would've been helpful as well. The DL was GASSED. Either call a TO or rotate someone fresh in there.

Not dialing up pressure, esp on 3rd and forever (twice) and not rotating fresh legs ... that's on the head coach. The fumbles and INTs ... probably not the way the plays were drawn up, so NOT on him. UK should've won. I am disappointed they didn't.

Did you think that when the go route to BB for a TD got us the lead back, or no???

That wasn't a go. And it was a busted coverage.

Normally I agree with you on Coen and his go routes, but BB had his man beat all day long on every play. If Leary could throw a ball more than two yards with any degree of consistency those plays would have paid off big time.

Even so, I hate the gut run. That play was jammed up all day but the off tackles and sweeps were open. That I can say was on Coen, or whoever was calling that crap.

Not on go routes. He even gave up on one route because he was jammed so hard.

On overs and other crossing type routes - yes he was open every time because you can't cover him man on those. Those same routes are where he was able to shine last year. Even more reason to wonder why we didn't give him those routes all this year.

I know why we were in the position we were in on that last drive.

It was the chicken.
It’s all moot really. We lost. Had chances and lost. I think the turnovers were more impactful than the final drive but I don’t deny that our defense was charmin soft at the end

Reactions: cathouse
If we were behind in score during Clemson's last drive, and they won, then yes, I would be saying the same that many have said, those effin turnovers cost us. But we were leading in score, the defense THE COACHS chose to play killed us. Under the very same circumstances turnovers and all, had they played nose to ground defense, we would win that game 8 out of ten times, and nobody would ever mention those turnovers, other than saying whew, we were lucky to recoup from those turnovers. But let's not forget, they kicked not one but two field goals (one was a lucky ass break) and nobody on our side of the ball broke the LOS. Why? Looked like they just stood up and watched the kick take off. Another 6 points without a challenge. I'm not saying fire anyone, I'm saying they had to see the prevent wasn't working, why did they not change?

Last edited:
Pards, we had a lead with 50 seconds to go and 3rd and 18. Blitz the QB on 3rd and 4th down and we win. Hell he might have fumbled it on 3rd down under heavy pressure. But our chicken shit coach played soft like he was coaching grade school and we paid the price by losing. It’s that simple. We were winning in spite of the turnovers. And Stoops screwed the pooch. What about that can’t you understand?

Hate to break it to you there pardsie, but three and eventually four fourth quarter turnovers is a players loss every day of the week. LOL at you skipping right over four turnovers, three really that mattered, and zeroing in on one single play that’s not even related to any of the turnovers ( a play that the players also blew since we had more defenders than receivers) and blaming it all on Stoops. Shameless but funny. SDS is a real thing.

Last edited:
Bet you'll be no where to be found when proven wrong.
The only way I am proven wrong is if Stoops changes who he is, if that happens then I am proven right because you can’t keep coaching like he is and expect anything more than what we have the last 2 years.

You are back again with the “be happy with mediocrity”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT