ADVERTISEMENT

3 straight Q4 turnovers lost the game, not Stoops

Dec 10, 2023
Bob's Country Bunker
17 points off of 3 straight turnovers won/lost the game. The players were put in a position to easily win and coughed it up.

I guess trolls, drunks and bettors take over during losses,

Then there's the posters who hate Stoops and this was their chance to dance around and say "see, told you so!". Saw alot of things yesterday that would make a fan excited for next year with a better QB.

Last edited:
17 points off of 3 straight turnovers won/lost the game. They players were put in a position to easily win and coughed it up.

Then there's the posters who hate Stoops and this was their chance to dance around and say "see, told you so!". Saw alot of things yesterday that would make a fan excited for next year with a better QB.
Mention of turnovers putting the D in a bad way, very true, but nothing about UK scoring quickly. KO return, long TD pass to Brown was a drive of a handful of plays, 72 yarder to Dingle led to a 4-play TD drive. Maybe UK scored too fast. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Lost In FL
17 points on 3 straight turnovers, nearly half of their total points. Stoops has his issues, but he didn't lose that game and neither did White. The defense was domnating them until all the turnovers.
You do realize Stoops is the Head Ball Coach, right????

Some people just have grudges against others for some stupid reason or another so they will never give then credit for anything good. The bottom line is Clemson was favored and we could have easily won the game. Yet some people insist Stoops was outcoached. That's laughable. The coaches put us in position to win the game. Turnovers beat us, plain and simple. If UK doesn't commit 4 turnovers, it wins. To try and blame anything else is beyond ridiculous.

Some people just have grudges against others for some stupid reason or another so they will never give then credit for anything good. The bottom line is Clemson was favored and we could have easily won the game. Yet some people insist Stoops was outcoached. That's laughable. The coaches put us in position to win the game. Turnovers beat us, plain and simple. If UK doesn't commit 4 turnovers, it wins. To try and blame anything else is beyond ridiculous.
Just wait till next year! 6-6!

I saw the same old cowardly ass defensive calls that have cost us in big game situations all year. Even Walker can't save your ass on a three man rush when your secondary is garbage.

At this point I just hope everyone stays put. The portal always seems to be sucking someone into it and we can't really afford to lose anyone else.

After all those turnovers and dumb mistakes, ONE STOP on defense and we win that game.

Just one.

Like I said, you have nothing but "the coaches suck!" and personal insults . You have no valid argument, just juvenile stuff.
The coaches are great, did you see that defense on the last possession! It was so great that I think it caught Clemson off guard. They were expecting to see what had worked all day but instead we went with the “what hasn’t worked all year defense”. 6-6 is gonna be awesome next year!

Reactions: 55wildcat
After all those turnovers and dumb mistakes, ONE STOP on defense and we win that game.

Just one.
Yes, but by that time the defense had been on the field a lot and were worn down. We also had our two starting corners out with injuries. You can't ignore everything that happened up to that and put the whole game on that one series. The defense shouldn't have ever been in that position to begin with.

Reactions: grevey35
And this was said by posters the year before Stoops’ first 10-3 season . . .

and then it was said by some posters the year before his second 10-3 season . . . .
And Crazy legs Al Bundy once scored 4 touchdowns in a single game in High school.
disgusted married with children GIF

This is the answer. At the end of the game all the D# had to do was hold on 3rd and 18. They couldn't even do that.

The QB had gone down six times. Just send an extra DB/LB on a blitz and your chances of getting a stop go up exponentially.

You must be really, really young. UK football is in much better shape than it's ever been.

Yes, but by that time the defense had been on the field a lot and were worn down. We also had our two starting corners out with injuries. You can't ignore everything that happened up to that and put the whole game on that one series. The defense shouldn't have ever been in that position to begin with.
Probably would have been a good time to use those 3 time outs if they were gassed.

And I just wasn't referring to the last drive. We had Clemson 3rd and 28 on another drive, and guess what defense we played on that down??

Probably would have been a good time to use those 3 time outs if they were gassed.

And I just wasn't referring to the last drive. We had Clemson 3rd and 28 on another drive, and guess what defense we played on that down??

Stooooops must get a bonus for every time out he saves! Should have burned those up to regroup a non working prevent defense

17 points on 3 straight turnovers, nearly half of their total points. Stoops has his issues, but he didn't lose that game and neither did White. The defense was domnating them until all the turnovers.
Turnovers are the product of lack of focus and hell yea the coaching staff is culpable. Coaches never make the plays but they are ground zero for the mindset of a player and after the first TO coaches should have rallied to focus the team. They didn’t. It was a coaching meltdown in the 4th. No other way around it. It’s called preparedness and stoops has been a failure in that dept. pardon me while my tube on stoops has changed since he decided to bolt to tamu. Now I can’t wait to get rid of him quick enough. I don’t want coaches or players who don’t want to be at UK. Barney is also a lost cause. It’s one terrible drama after another with Barney as the AD. I can’t believe we are still talking about our clown AD. He should have been fired after joker.

• Haha
Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
Like I said, you have nothing but "the coaches suck!" and personal insults . You have no valid argument, just juvenile stuff.
There are so many fans whose entire solution to all sports related problems are "fire the coach". That's really all they have when it comes to analysis.

As if some magical coach will come here, take Kentucky football to the top of the SEC, and stick around forever. We'd be hiring the next Bear Bryant if not for Stoops, obviously.

Because of turnovers? Don't give me that "losers mentality" clown stuff. We lost because we turned it over. PERIOD. You can't refute it.

You also can’t refute the fact that despite the turnovers we were in position to win the game and stoops called for the soft defense on 3rd and long due to personnel on the field and not wanting to give up the big play. He had 3 timeouts, could easily have used one to get his personnel he wanted in place. Also did the same thing in the 3rd quarter with a 21-10 lead and had them at 3rd and 23 and gave them an 18 yard completion and first down next play on 4th and 5. TD few plays later made it 21-16 after they missed the 2 point conversion.

There are so many fans whose entire solution to all sports related problems are "fire the coach". That's really all they have when it comes to analysis.

As if some magical coach will come here, take Kentucky football to the top of the SEC, and stick around forever. We'd be hiring the next Bear Bryant if not for Stoops, obviously.
That’s perfect, let’s just stay way we are. Its not like it’s gonna get harder with the changes coming in college football.

You also can’t refute the fact that despite the turnovers we were in position to win the game and stoops called for the soft defense on 3rd and long due to personnel on the field and not wanting to give up the big play. He had 3 timeouts, could easily have used one to get his personnel he wanted in place. Also did the same thing in the 3rd quarter with a 21-10 lead and had them at 3rd and 23 and gave them an 18 yard completion and first down next play on 4th and 5. TD few plays later made it 21-16 after they missed the 2 point conversion.

I keep forgetting how great of shape the program was in before he got here. I'm not going to entertain all the pee-brain posts from guys with one hand down their pants on the couch with all the answers after the fact. Clowns.

Reactions: ky-usc2020
How well did our offense do in the 2nd half while nursing an 11 point lead? We hit two big plays after falling behind twice which is all the offense we had in the 2nd half. Stoops could have tried to put points on the board toward the end of the first half with the ball at midfield and 3 minutes to go but he was more concerned with running clock to prevent Clemson getting the ball back to score before half. It’s his mentality, to try and deflect from that is ridiculous.

I keep forgetting how great of shape the program was in before he got here. I'm not going to entertain all the pee-brain posts from guys with one hand down their pants on the couch with all the answers after the fact. Clowns.
Ah, no comeback to my post so resort back to the joker days and insults. Tells me all I need to know about you. You are the guy sitting on the couch with one hand down your pants. Try not start a dialogue with adults again until your ready stir fry.

• Haha
Reactions: crestcat and catben
Ok then. Who should we go get that will take us to greater heights?

I can’t guarantee anybody but I can guarantee that if Stoops continues to do what he has done it will be a slow death to where we were. UL is no longer a cupcake as Brohm took a team we had manhandled and almost beat us in year one, we will more than likely have 9 SEC games in the future, and we can’t rely on quite a few of our SEC opponents to suck like they have for the last few years. To be one of the top 10 paid coaches in the country back to back 7-6 years is disappointing and a bad trend. I realize he will be back next year but do you all honestly believe that he is gonna pull a Coach Cal and change philosophy?

Something really odd about this post.
Joined Dec 2023???
Hmmm.
Sure a long time prowler just finally got the keyboard courage to come call out other people’s posts.
And this was said by posters the year before Stoops’ first 10-3 season . . .

and then it was said by some posters the year before his second 10-3 season . . . .
What have you done for me lately? Sure you were happy with Tubby every year.

17 points off of 3 straight turnovers won/lost the game. The players were put in a position to easily win and coughed it up.

Yep a QB won't call those passive defensive schemes... a better QB will recruit a better QB... A better QB will coach the OL better... A better QB will be a big upgrade... But Stoops has to have a lot of studs to win... not just one or two... This ain't Mizzu or Ole Miaa

Yep a QB won't call those passive defensive schemes... a better QB will recruit a better QB... A better QB will coach the OL better... A better QB will be a big upgrade... But Stoops has to have a lot of studs to win... not just one or two... This ain't Mizzu or Ole Miaa

I feel bad for the guys that get out of bed every day hating Stoops. But I guess some like to waste their day.

• Haha
Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT