ADVERTISEMENT

24/7 Final Top 150 Transfer Rankings…

Antonio Reeves was ranked 39th in the portal, and he became one of the best player in the country.
Reeves had atleast proven to be a star from where he came from and a big scorer. Theres no reeves in this bunch.

As it stands I think Carr would be our returning leading scorer at 13ppg. Unless 3+ players take major jumps that won’t cut it.

Reeves had atleast proven to be a star from where he came from and a big scorer. Theres no reeves in this bunch.

As it stands I think Carr would be our returning leading scorer at 13ppg. Unless 3+ players take major jumps that won’t cut it.
Reeves was great for us he came from a small school. Some of the guys we got have played against harder conference competition and in the tourney. Apples and oranges the comparison...

Seems most don’t get it. These are just the transfers. It’s not the complete list for all of college players. Most of the best players didn’t enter the portal. That leaves so many guys with the potential to make a real impact. We missed on each one that we went at. Had Richmond and Davis been added to this roster I’d be thrilled and would be fine with what we have. They were legit top guys previously. Hoping that adding Robinson and things will be fine is a stretch.

Naw, just hate that the expectations here seems to have dropped to middle of the pack SEC level. I’m not lowering my expectations just because most here seem to.
You're just looking at a number beside their name made by some person. This is a nuanced situation. You fail to point out the experience and accolades many of our guys bring.

Also, remember Oakland? St. Peter's? UK's dazzling team(s) of studs go beat by volunteer firefighters and land surveyors.

You're only here to try and antagonize people. Every post I see from you is pure dismay and negativity - like you're trying to dump that on all of us.

Seems most don’t get it. These are just the transfers. It’s not the complete list for all of college players. Most of the best players didn’t enter the portal. That leaves so many guys with the potential to make a real impact. We missed on each one that we went at. Had Richmond and Davis been added to this roster I’d be thrilled and would be fine with what we have. They were legit top guys previously. Hoping that adding Robinson and things will be fine is a stretch.
Go back to your cave in Arkansas

Since you hate the hire, you hate the guys coming in, I see no reason for you to post anymore. Besides to stir crap, we rolling with Pope for at least three years so feel free to be absent during that time, you won't be missed. Like you're clearly miserable and you want everyone else to be pessimistic as you, not happening. So feel free to whine elsewhere because it's incredibly boring. I'm glad you helped me realize we didn't grab guys from the 2000-3000 range though 🤓🤓

OP like…..

giphy.gif

This is the most talented team that Mark Pope has had. He did a lot with less at BYU. The only advantage they had, though a big one, is time spent playing together.

And at the end of the day he had to convince these guys who he was and what he was trying to do here in a span of a couple of weeks.

These won't be disadvantages next year.

It’s amazing that this is viewed as “negative”/“trolling”/“trashing” etc.

Reactions: Warf2012
Pope neither had NBA quality recruits already lined up nor returning players. This is a total rebuild not only in roster but in our image.

Regarding my thoughts where players are ranked, I think we will get more out of Williams than what his ranking suggests. His middling shooting efficiency was almost entirely due to poor shot selection. Almost 40% of his shots were from midrange and he made only 27% of them. Pope’s system will discourage those shots so I expect more efficient shooting than he has shown in the past.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
The article says there are over 1900 players that enteredthe portal and we have 7 in the top 125…..

OP might want to re think what he’s tryin to prove 💀💀💀💀💀💀
And when you take that 1900 players and add the people not in the transfer portal because their eligibility is up or definitely NBA bound...it does not anywhere near equal most of the top eligible players staying put and never entering the portal as stated later in the thread(by the op I think). In fact, most of the top players with eligibility left put their names in the portal, even the ones who returned to their school.

It ain’t pretty. This is why I haven’t been high on the roster building like most here. I think Williams is too low and Garrison is too high but the rest are probably about right. I full expected being on the bubble next year before Kal left. I see nothing to make me change that expectation with the the roster coming in. We missed on too many good players.

We were linked to 6-7 of the top 12 at some point and got none of them. But do go on about how Orlando wasn’t need here for recruiting because we had Hart who was better. I was repeatedly told that.

- 22.) Brandon Garrison
- 33.) Otega Oweh
- 47.) Lamont Butler
- 69.) Andrew Carr
- 86.) Amari Williams
- 89.) Koby Brea
- 125.) Kerr Kriisa

Gtfo

Reactions: kywildcat41086
it is when every single one of the post are negative. These players aren't good enough. Don't like the pope hire. When its just a couple its one thing, when its every time the dude post its another thing. Same goes for majority of your post.
Quote the negative post I’ve made, I’ll wait.

you taking up for the barf guy is enough evidence i need. I probably got you mixed up with one of the several new posters who seem like their trolls haha.

Put this in your pipe and smoke it….

Shows that Pope is building a team. He wants guys to play roles, not guys to play hero ball. Rankings are fun, but they really should be in tiers. For what each does, each player we got would be Tier 1 or Tier 2 at what they do/where they play. Our puzzle is still missing a few pieces, but it’s a pretty impressive puzzle that’s been assembled over three weeks.

Reactions: TM2013
I like that this team has an opportunity to match with just about anyone defensively. Offensively, points will be spread around based on us exploiting the weaknesses of other teams. If the opponent is defensively weak up front, our front court could lead the way. If our opponent is defensively weak on the perimeter, the front court can light them up. Way more balanced than we were last season. Not saying we will win the conference, but we have a real chance to put a really good product on the floor nightly. If we add a player or two who drop out of the NBA draft (or a reclass candidate) this team might compete for a NCAA 4/5 seed. Regardless, it will be nice to have energy back in Rupp and to see our staff once again coaching like this is a dream job. Might take a while for the guys to gel with each other and in the offense, but we are being set up to not trough at the end of the season.

It ain’t pretty. This is why I haven’t been high on the roster building like most here. I think Williams is too low and Garrison is too high but the rest are probably about right. I full expected being on the bubble next year before Kal left. I see nothing to make me change that expectation with the the roster coming in. We missed on too many good players.

We were linked to 6-7 of the top 12 at some point and got none of them. But do go on about how Orlando wasn’t need here for recruiting because we had Hart who was better. I was repeatedly told that.

- 22.) Brandon Garrison
- 33.) Otega Oweh
- 47.) Lamont Butler
- 69.) Andrew Carr
- 86.) Amari Williams
- 89.) Koby Brea
- 125.) Kerr Kriisa

What are you talking about? There were almost 2,000 transfer. All 7 of the guys we got are top 125 4 stars

- 22.) Brandon Garrison
- 33.) Otega Oweh
- 47.) Lamont Butler
- 69.) Andrew Carr
- 86.) Amari Williams
- 89.) Koby Brea
- 125.) Kerr Kriisa

I grant you there is not that much difference between a player ranked 15 and a player ranked 50. More importantly it's about how they fit with your current roster and system and your need..

Reactions: TM2013
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT