ADVERTISEMENT

2023 high school star signs NIL deal

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
While legislation recently allowed for college athletes to financially profit from NIL endorsement opportunities, no high school prospect unaffiliated with a college program has shown the ability to generate the revenue that Williams appears on the cusp of earning -- including the possibility of a major shoe deal.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Good for him. Not sure who the first person that thought you had to be a certain age to make money was but people with God given gifts should be able to better themselves at any point any age any time. You never know when that opportunity will be taken so good for him making that money.

Good question. If an athlete signs with an agency, does that disqualify them from competing in college basketball?
A 3rd party agency helped broker the UNC deal as far as I know.

As much as we joke about UNCheat, the kids should be allowed to hire a middle man, I don’t want kids negotiating with and trying to invoice shady people.

Out in the open now where the push for the NIL was really coming from
Good, maybe the NCAA should have actually had a system in place for NIL and not just been completely unwilling to cede any power or ground to the athletes they’re making billions off of as a nonprofit.

The NCAA literally sat on their hands even after it was clear that every governing body from various state senate’s to the Supreme Court had made it abundantly clear that the jig was up.

The result is the Wild West we have now, which I’m fine with because I believe we will benefit from it.

Reactions: westerncat
So does that make him ineligible to play college bball?
This was my first thought when I saw the title of the post. Will be interesting to see what happen. He may have thoughts of going pro if he is rated that high.

Good, maybe the NCAA should have actually had a system in place for NIL and not just been completely unwilling to cede any power or ground to the athletes they’re making billions off of as a nonprofit.

The NCAA literally sat on their hands even after it was clear that every governing body from various state senate’s to the Supreme Court had made it abundantly clear that the jig was up.

The result is the Wild West we have now, which I’m fine with because I believe we will benefit from it.
Ding ding ding

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT