ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Transfers OUT: a fresh look

Jun 19, 2010
Thoughts on the players that transferred-out this spring/summer. wish we could’ve held on to some of the DB’s like Dort for depth, but so far I don’t think we’re missing anyone too bad. Thoughts?

Transfers Out (2):
WR - Isaiah Epps (Tulsa)
LB - Jared Casey (Indiana)
LB - Marquez Bembry
LB - KD McDaniel (UCF)
OT - Nasir Watkins (Liberty)
DT - Isiah Gibson (Marshall)
DB - Moses Douglass (AL A&M)
DB - Cedric Dort (Wisconsin)
RB - Travis Tisdale (Valdosta St)
RB - Torrence Davis
WR - Devonte Ross (Troy)
QB - Nick Scalzo (Samford)
OL - Jake Pope (Illinois State)
WR - Tre’von Morgan (Miami, OH)
WR - Earnest Sanders
OL - RJ Adams
DB - Ricky Hyatt (South Alabama)
WR - Clevan Thomas (Montana St.)
QB - Beau Allen (Tarletan State)
CB - Joel Williams

Reactions: entropy13
Of the ones listed that do not have a school, only Bembry shows as being at a junior college. What happened to the other 4?

Of the ones listed that do not have a school, only Bembry shows as being at a junior college. What happened to the other 4?
Don’t know. I maintained the “Roster Movement Summary” over the spring/summer and tried to keep up with where people landed, but didn’t catch it all.

RJ Adams is at Georgia Tech and starts at LG for them.
Joel Williams transferred to Memphis
Earnest Sanders is at Saginaw Valley State

Reactions: point1zerorock
G RJ Adams > Georgia Tech
DB Joel Williams > Memphis
WR Earnest Sanders > Saginaw Valley State

20 seems like a lot of transfers. I'm wondering if that is an above average number for a power 5 school.

20 seems like a lot of transfers. I'm wondering if that is an above average number for a power 5 school.
A quick look at the transfer portal for guys who transfered after the 2021 season:

Alabama - 20
Arkansas - 18
Auburn - 18
Florida - 14
UGA - 13
LSU - 10
MSU - 17
Mizzou - 15
Ole Miss - 14
USC - 17
UT - 17
TAMU - 13
Vandy - 19

So, a little high, but nothing crazy.

Looks like the haves and have nots are getting the most transfers. Looks like Bama has the rest of the NCAA teams as farm clubs, just call one up if there is a need and he is good enough. Yeah, we are doing well with transfers, but we will never catch Bama and Georgia relying on transfers, and the ones hurting like Vandy are also doing well. But we can come in third in the SEC, if the money at A&M doesn't knock us out of that.

And there is only one way to advance, and that is to be in the front of the NIL race------and that won't happen until someone retires, and it will be too late then. Looks like we may go back to just being a BB school------unless he screws that up too.

Last edited:
Reactions: cat888
Epps made some great plays against Ole Miss. The guy who stopped him on a few big plays and saved the game for the rebels was a familiar name Igbinosum or something. DB that may have been interested in UK at one point. Can't recall if he committed to us and then went to OM. Anyone remember?

Reactions: jauk11
Looks like the haves and have nots are getting the most transfers. Looks like Bama has the rest of the NCAA teams as farm clubs, just call one up if there is a need and he is good enough. Yeah, we are doing well with transfers, but we will never catch Bama and Georgia relying on transfers, and the ones hurting like Vandy are also doing well. But we can come in third in the SEC, if the money at A&M doesn't knock us out of that.

And there is only one way to advance, and that is to be in the front of the NIL race------and that won't happen until someone retires, and it will be too late then. Looks like we may go back to just being a BB school------unless he screws that up too.
Alabama only brought in 5 transfers and I believe UGA didn’t bring in anyone.

The numbers I posted in a prior post are the amount of kids that transferred out.

The portal has been very good for us.

Reactions: maroon79
Alabama only brought in 5 transfers and I believe UGA didn’t bring in anyone.

The numbers I posted in a prior post are the amount of kids that transferred out.

The portal has been very good for us.
I agree. The top 3-5 schools bring in very few transfers and use the portal to fill key roster spots.

I like how Stoops has used the portal. The players transferring in are getting high quality snaps compared to players who transferrred out. Many people were concerned the portal would hurt UK. But, Stoops has used it to fill key positions and strengthen the team.

'23 portal needs...

-QB, concensus here
-RB, not end all be all, but CRods going to be a loss
-OL, if there are starter quality guys to get, definitely an interest
-LB, graduation losses
-K, after last week

Reactions: K_TIME
'23 portal needs...

-QB, concensus here
-RB, not end all be all, but CRods going to be a loss
-OL, if there are starter quality guys to get, definitely an interest
-LB, graduation losses
-K, after last week
You ain’t kidding …we need Rb without a doubt and Qb is getting dangerous low in bodies

Reactions: lazydave841
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT