ADVERTISEMENT

2020 SEC East predictions from Athlon Sports

but the weather advantage for that game at home will give us the advantage like it did in 06.

Hadn’t thought about that!

Maybe a little front swoops in from Michigan/Ohio for the Dawgs.

They have more 5 Stars, but we have more midwestern players!

If anyone thinks UK football is not taken seriously by the people that matter (coaches) at this point, they've been spending too much time alone or on the basketball board.
It isn’t taken seriously by the media- which was my point. This thread was about media predictions. The vast majority of media predictions project UK to have a very mediocre season. And if you think the national sports as a whole takes UK football seriously, you are delusional. Sure there are certain media types that do, but most don’t.

50 degrees for a day game in Lexington? Yeah, I would take that and your Midwestern boys might be a little too hot, LOL.

My main memory of the 2006 UGA-UK game was the jackwagons from the Delta Tau Delta house running over to help tear down the goal posts. Yeah, I didn't go to the game, but I'm sure going to tear down those goal posts.

I like Kentucky to go 9-3. Dropping 3 of Georgia, Auburn, UT, Florida, and MS St. 10-2/8-4 are the top and bottom end of the spectrum. This is going to be another really good year. Wilson is going to be one of the top QBs in the nation, IMO. The line, backs, tight ends, and receivers are all top 25 type of quality. We will start seeing all of the higher ranked recruits that have signed in the last few years pay dividends.

The defense isn't taking a step back and we are blessed with the most talented defensive line I have ever seen wear the blue and white. All of the youngsters in the secondary should see the improvement you'd expect with another year under their belts. I hope to see somebody step up and be a leader amongst the LB group. While not "bad", I don't think they are as elite as the guys we have everywhere else on the field.

These are the glory days for UK football, IMO. Stoops continues to accomplish things that most all of us thought were impossible at UK regarding recruiting and "culture" back in the Joker days. I couldn't be prouder to be a lifelong Kentucky football fan than I am these days. I'm EXPECTING 9 wins from the team. If I'm dreaming, don't wake me up. Thank you, coach Stoops. Please stay here for another 20 years! I will build you a statue myself!

My main memory of the 2006 UGA-UK game was the jackwagons from the Delta Tau Delta house running over to help tear down the goal posts.

Had never heard that detail, but that was and likely forever will be the last goal post tearing down at Kentucky, and maybe the SEC.

The insurance folks insist they be lowered gracefully to avoid injuries.

I think Tom Leach’s son fractured an arm either in 1997 (Bama) or Georgia (2006), whilst assisting the act.

I don't see how anyone can make any kind of prediction for this season. If a team has this virus go through it, won't the entire team have to be isolated for 2 weeks? Which would likely mean at least1 forfeit and possibly 3? I want the season to take place, but if this virus is what we have been led to believe it is, how can it without putting everyone involved in the program at risk?

It isn’t taken seriously by the media- which was my point. This thread was about media predictions. The vast majority of media predictions project UK to have a very mediocre season. And if you think the national sports as a whole takes UK football seriously, you are delusional. Sure there are certain media types that do, but most don’t.
I give a damn how anyone takes us. Lace it up and duke it out. Results will speak

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
I don’t disagree. But winning those games would be a big boost to program. Losing to UT over and over is maddening.
Oh I agree. We NEED to win those games. But the “media” and “popular opinion”
Don’t win games.

we are on the same page, but the last thing we are fight for is respect of haters.

we fight for each other.

make the orange turn red...

Reactions: irishcat1965
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT