Vs USCjr W 30-20
@ Alabama L 41-20
@ UK W 36-34
Vs Southern Miss W 38-17
@ Mizzou W 34-17
Vs LSU L 34-24
Vs Vandy W 31-28

Kentucky wins the East :)

Just my crazy guesses. It will be very surprising if UK gets to 10-2 but I dont really see more than 1 game on that schedule that we dont atleast have a chance in.

This should be our best shot in a long time and a very favorable schedule. Bad news? Georgia has a pretty favorable schedule and returns 2 NFL running backs, a good, improving QB, and will probably improve on defense. Should be a fun year nonetheless.

I think UGA goes 10-2, with losses to AU and UF. Until we can show the ability to beat them on a regular basis I am not heading into the season predicting a win against them, we been the better team several years since their run started and still lost by double digits. By all accounts Eason is much improved, but I got to see it first, if he really has improved our offense will be a tough out, don't expect to see much of Chubb or Michel in our spring game Saturday, the 3 and 4 guys will get the touches as well as a couple of walkons. The RB we signed in 17 is going to get snaps too, TE is our deepest position, 5 guys that can all play, and will, don't expect huge numbers out of any of them but a very productive position. OL couldn't be much worse than last year's, it wouldn't have been much worse if we offered free admission to games if you would suit up. WR isn't a great position, got 8-10 who will be fighting for snaps, none have done anything to stand out among the crowd. Defensive will be experienced and deep, we return everyone who took a defensive snap save 2 and only 1 of those was a starter, 20 of the first 22 including all 8 DL, 7 of 8 LB including all starters, one reserve was a starter earlier and was passed by, 3 of 4 secondary guys, the 4 was a starter in 15. UGA fans are pretty excited about the season, Chubb and Michel returning suprised everyone and expectations are pretty high.

I think you missed on UT, I believe they struggle, if either of us lose to them we aren't winning the East, least experienced team in the East, only one likely starting a first year qb. I think you are underestimating OM, if Freeze is able to get the team back, they are a talented bunch with a good qb and maybe the best WR group in the SEC and top OL in the West.

I think UGA goes 10-2, with losses to AU and UF. Until we can show the ability to beat them on a regular basis I am not heading into the season predicting a win against them, we been the better team several years since their run started and still lost by double digits. By all accounts Eason is much improved, but I got to see it first, if he really has improved our offense will be a tough out, don't expect to see much of Chubb or Michel in our spring game Saturday, the 3 and 4 guys will get the touches as well as a couple of walkons. The RB we signed in 17 is going to get snaps too, TE is our deepest position, 5 guys that can all play, and will, don't expect huge numbers out of any of them but a very productive position. OL couldn't be much worse than last year's, it wouldn't have been much worse if we offered free admission to games if you would suit up. WR isn't a great position, got 8-10 who will be fighting for snaps, none have done anything to stand out among the crowd. Defensive will be experienced and deep, we return everyone who took a defensive snap save 2 and only 1 of those was a starter, 20 of the first 22 including all 8 DL, 7 of 8 LB including all starters, one reserve was a starter earlier and was passed by, 3 of 4 secondary guys, the 4 was a starter in 15. UGA fans are pretty excited about the season, Chubb and Michel returning suprised everyone and expectations are pretty high.

I think you missed on UT, I believe they struggle, if either of us lose to them we aren't winning the East, least experienced team in the East, only one likely starting a first year qb. I think you are underestimating OM, if Freeze is able to get the team back, they are a talented bunch with a good qb and maybe the best WR group in the SEC and top OL in the West.

Yep lot of questions with UGA but I think this is still a down SEC East. Florida wont be the power they usually are with all of the key losses on defense and a very tough schedule. I think Vandy can shock some people. But i think it will be a UGA and UK battle for the East. And I agree Tennessee will be pretty bad, had them beating UGA as an upset with their new coach lol (Butch may be ran out by even then). I couldnt see UK going 11-1 and thats the only reason I had Tennessee beating them.
I have little confidence in Ole Miss though and I will hold pretty strong on that. Top receivers/Engram are gone, top RB gone( not that he did much), only real plus is that they returned their top guys on defense but it was a pretty horid defense at that. Interested to see what Shea can do.

Yep lot of questions with UGA but I think this is still a down SEC East. Florida wont be the power they usually are with all of the key losses on defense and a very tough schedule. I think Vandy can shock some people. But i think it will be a UGA and UK battle for the East. And I agree Tennessee will be pretty bad, had them beating UGA as an upset with their new coach lol (Butch may be ran out by even then). I couldnt see UK going 11-1 and thats the only reason I had Tennessee beating them.
I have little confidence in Ole Miss though and I will hold pretty strong on that. Top receivers/Engram are gone, top RB gone( not that he did much), only real plus is that they returned their top guys on defense but it was a pretty horid defense at that. Interested to see what Shea can do.

Something happened at Ole Miss last year, at the beginning of the year they were very good, has FSU down big and quit allowing OM to come back, they beat the everlasting crap out of us. Then Kelly was hurt, looming probation and sanctions and they just quit. They burnned the redshirt on Patterson, the qb, and played to try and salvage the season. He returns, 5 of 6 WR, a very good OL, top 2 in SEC. I don't think Freeze is a great coach, he completely lost his team last year. If and that is a huge if, can get them back, they might be the best team in the west. They are quite a bit more talented than their record, was last fall, they just quit on Freeze. Engram will be hard to replace, but they didn't have much at RB and his replacement could be better, could be worse, was very average SEC back. Until we see them a little, I think its a little premature for anyone to put them in the W column, even Bama, their soph, jr, and sr classes are a very talented bunch.

With all that said, its very hard to get a team back when you lose one like Freeze did last season, but the talent is on the team to compete and beat anyone on their schedule.

I don't think its a big secret the running game is going to be our strength, the 3 returning are very good, Holyfield was the number 2 back in the 16 class, the incoming frosh was the number 3 back in 17 and is expected to be number 3 on the depth chart by first game. Teams will fill the box against us, otherwise we won't throw it, Eason has to take advantqge of that, if he doesn't, well fans will start calling for the true frosh.

Georgia is the odds-on favorite in the east, but I'll believe it when i see it. Very unimpressed with Kirby Smart on the sidelines (so far), though he is recruiting like a madman.

I say the east is UF's division unless someone proves otherwise.

I agree with Grump that OM will bounce back to some degree.

I don't agree that UT will stink. They still recruit at a high level and their coaching staff has had an overhaul. Worried that we'll have a hard time beating them (yet again).

No doubt UK has the most favorable combo of schedule / team in some time. Let's hope we can fulfill our potential.

Reactions: cat888
Georgia is the odds-on favorite in the east, but I'll believe it when i see it. Very unimpressed with Kirby Smart on the sidelines (so far), though he is recruiting like a madman.

I say the east is UF's division unless someone proves otherwise.

I agree with Grump that OM will bounce back to some degree.

I don't agree that UT will stink. They still recruit at a high level and their coaching staff has had an overhaul. Worried that we'll have a hard time beating them (yet again).

No doubt UK has the most favorable combo of schedule / team in some time. Let's hope we can fulfill our potential.

I don't think many realize how bad the roster at UGA had gotten, sure we had gotten some big name guys, but Richt had ignored OL recruiting for years, we didn't have a single OL last year who was recruited as a OT, But we had missed on QB 4 years in a row, didn't even recruit Watson in favor of our 2nd string punter. Richt had gotten complacent and it was time for us to go in separate directions.

As for as Kirby as a coach goes, the only real misque he had was against Vandy, OM was alot better than us when we played, UT was a fluke and no one would even be thinking his season was questionable, GT was pretty good as you guys saw and so was UF. For a bad OL, and a true frosh qb, I expected 8 wins and that's what we got. Now 8 wins or less this year and/or a loss to Tech then Kirby's grace period is over.

Butch Jones is still at UT, their defensive staff was revamped last year, they will be young and will struggle getting to a bowl. Butch is worst game day coach in the SEC, they had some good recruiting classes, but many of those kids are gone. They have no one on campus to replace Dobbs, Kamara, they lost about 90% of their offensive production. I just can't see them being very good and getting to a bowl isn't a given.

We are going to be tough to beat at home this season, and face our less powerful opponents on the road. If the squad builds early momentum (4-0 start) we might just put together the season that really sets everyone on ear.

If Johnson struggles to lead a balanced, efficient offense, Hoak looks capable of answering the call. Don't expect this staff to stick with anyone who fails to produce if a potential producer is watching the action. This can be said at most positions now. We have a real FBS roster again, a SEC roster for the first time since???

Basic roster strength and a pragmatic coaching staff can go a long way. I expect a BIG year for the BIG BLUE. I won't throw out a record prediction, but will simply say I expect us to be in the game in the 4th quarter of every contest.

If Johnson struggles to lead a balanced, efficient offense, Hoak looks capable of answering the call.

I think Johnson well improve off of last year, but I also think it is absolutely essential that we give the backup 2 or 3 sets a game if possible, be it Hoak or Barker, not only to give them game experience but also to find out what they are capable of doing with live bullets flying. It isn't like there is much of a drop of and we really need to start getting the backup ready for next year as the likely starter.

Something happened at Ole Miss last year, at the beginning of the year they were very good, has FSU down big and quit allowing OM to come back, they beat the everlasting crap out of us. Then Kelly was hurt, looming probation and sanctions and they just quit. They burnned the redshirt on Patterson, the qb, and played to try and salvage the season. He returns, 5 of 6 WR, a very good OL, top 2 in SEC. I don't think Freeze is a great coach, he completely lost his team last year. If and that is a huge if, can get them back, they might be the best team in the west. They are quite a bit more talented than their record, was last fall, they just quit on Freeze. Engram will be hard to replace, but they didn't have much at RB and his replacement could be better, could be worse, was very average SEC back. Until we see them a little, I think its a little premature for anyone to put them in the W column, even Bama, their soph, jr, and sr classes are a very talented bunch.

With all that said, its very hard to get a team back when you lose one like Freeze did last season, but the talent is on the team to compete and beat anyone on their schedule.

I agree with this. People, not just UK fans but national media, are selling Ole Miss short. Patterson looked like the next Manziel last season, and as you point out he returns some weapons. This is a tough match-up for UK, and if their new DC is the real deal then they will also be a problem for the SEC West.

SECE champ will have multiple losses. The SEC office will have to go deep into their tie-breaking scheme to determine a winner. UK's a factor but it's difficult to see them as much of a factor until they can start beating UF, UT and UGA. Agreed that Ole Miss is being short changed.

False the only year we were the better team & lost was 2014 UF was clearly better than us in 2015 & 16.

I agree with this. People, not just UK fans but national media, are selling Ole Miss short. Patterson looked like the next Manziel last season, and as you point out he returns some weapons. This is a tough match-up for UK, and if their new DC is the real deal then they will also be a problem for the SEC West.
Doesn't matter anyways Ole Miss is banned from post season play for the next 2 years.

False the only year we were the better team & lost was 2014 UF was clearly better than us in 2015 & 16.

You must be young, Florida's run against us started when SOS returned to coach them and we had Goff, they were the better team during the 90's under SOS. Zook came in and we were the better team his entire time there but still struggled to beat them, we were much better in 2001. Meyer came in and we managed to beat him once, should have beaten them twice. Muschamp was next and we were the better team his entire time there, yet still lost a game to him. Like you said should have won in 14, they were clearly better in 15 and 16. I didn't say it was every year, I said even years we were better during the run we still lost to them and there were 4-5 of those.

Yes but that loss won't really affect a team from the west going to Atlanta though.

That isn't 100% correct. Its an inconference loss and will count in the standings. I don't think they run the table, but they can knock some teams out of getting there. AU loses to OM and UGA but beats Bama, OM loss keeps them out of Atlanta.

Reactions: Rockford
You must be young, Florida's run against us started when SOS returned to coach them and we had Goff, they were the better team during the 90's under SOS. Zook came in and we were the better team his entire time there but still struggled to beat them, we were much better in 2001. Meyer came in and we managed to beat him once, should have beaten them twice. Muschamp was next and we were the better team his entire time there, yet still lost a game to him. Like you said should have won in 14, they were clearly better in 15 and 16. I didn't say it was every year, I said even years we were better during the run we still lost to them and there were 4-5 of those.
I agree 2001 was one of UF best teams under SOS & we managed actually to keep it close, 2002 & 2003 were inexcusable lossess ill give u that but we did beat Zook in his last year 2004.

I think Johnson well improve off of last year, but I also think it is absolutely essential that we give the backup 2 or 3 sets a game if possible, be it Hoak or Barker, not only to give them game experience but also to find out what they are capable of doing with live bullets flying. It isn't like there is much of a drop of and we really need to start getting the backup ready for next year as the likely starter.
I did notice that Hoak brings the short game passing to a MUCH higher level with his accuracy - maybe he can be that short 3rd down and short QB who can hand off and occasional Play action a few times a game

I really hope our Cats can put it together and have that special year. Just not sold on it.

I think people underestimate the loss of Badet and Boom. They were our two most explosive players on offense by far. Timmons was probably number 3. I think Snell will be Snell but we need someone to stretch the field or it will be a grind it out offense. Punting and the fact we haven't stopped the run since the 70s are the other two concerns.
Hopefully Bowden is the stud we hope. And Rose or King can take up the slack for Boom. The Columbia transfer needs to be the answer at punter and the Dline and middle backer need to make big strides

I really hope our Cats can put it together and have that special year. Just not sold on it.

I think people underestimate the loss of Badet and Boom. They were our two most explosive players on offense by far. Timmons was probably number 3. I think Snell will be Snell but we need someone to stretch the field or it will be a grind it out offense. Punting and the fact we haven't stopped the run since the 70s are the other two concerns.
Hopefully Bowden is the stud we hope. And Rose or King can take up the slack for Boom. The Columbia transfer needs to be the answer at punter and the Dline and middle backer need to make big strides

Every year we see a few guys blossom. This time last year fans thought that we should redshirt Snell because he couldn't get many snaps as an "apparent" 4th string back -- we see how that turned out. Jordon Jones was 2nd string in fall camp and was being criticized for being too undisciplined (in a scheme/read sense), he turned out to be perhaps our best defensive player last year along with Mike Edwards, and then there was that guy name Johnson - oh yea!. There will be surprises again this year, maybe like last year, from some of the least suspected players.

Hang in there we got a long ways to go.

Reactions: jauk11
Kentucky: 10-2
@ Southern Miss W 48-20
Vs EKU W 46-9
@ USCjr W 34-24
Vs Florida W 27-21
Vs EMU W 46-21
Vs Mizzou W 41-28
@MSU W 33-27
Vs Tennessee L 36-34
Vs Ole Miss W 37-24
@Vandy W 27-20
@Georgia L 28-20
Vs Louisville W 38-28

Florida: 7-5
Vs Michigan L 27-23
Vs No Colorado W 52-10
Vs Tennessee W 30-24
@ UK L 27-21
Vs Vandy W 20-16
Vs LSU L 29-27
Vs T A&M W 31-28
Vs Georgia L 34-26
@ Mizzou W 37-20
@ USCjr L 27-24
Vs UAB W 53-9
Vs FSU W 31-30

Mizzou: 5-7
Vs Missouri St W 47-17
Vs USCjr L 32-21
Vs Purdue W 31-28
Vs Auburn L 42-17
@UK L 41-28
@ Georgia L 38-20
Vs Idaho W 34-20
@UConn W 27-19
Vs Florida L 37-20
Vs Tennessee L 34-17
@ Vandy L 24-23
@ Arkansas L 28-20

USCjr: 7-5
Vs NC State W 33-24
@ Mizzou W 32-21
Vs UK L 34-24
Vs La Tech W 37-21
@ T A&M L 38-20
Vs Arkansas W 31-28
@Tennessee L 30-20
Vs Vandy W 28-20
@ Georgia L 36-21
Vs Florida W 27-24
Vs Wofford W 38-10
Vs Clemson L 42-27

Vandy: 7-5
@ MTSU W 34-21
Vs Alabama A&M W 42-13
Vs KSU W 28-23
Vs Alabama L 38-17
@ Florida L 20-16
Vs Georgia W 28-24
@ Ole Miss W 31-21
@ USCjr L 28-20
Vs WKU W 31-21
Vs UK L 27-20
Vs Mizzou W 24-20
@Tennessee L 31-28

Georgia: 9-3
Vs Appalachian St W 42-20
@ND W 34-21
Vs Samford W 45-7
Vs MSU W 38-27
@ Tennessee L 34-31
@Vandy L 28-24
Vs Mizzou W 38-20
Vs Florida W 34-26
Vs USCjr W 36-21
@ Auburn L 36-27
Vs UK W 28-20
@GT W 33-27

Tennessee: 8-4
Vs GT L 34-28
Vs Indiana St W 53-13
@ Florida L 30-24
Vs UMass W 38-21
Vs Georgia W 34-31
Vs USCjr W 30-20
@ Alabama L 41-20
@ UK W 36-34
Vs Southern Miss W 38-17
@ Mizzou W 34-17
Vs LSU L 34-24
Vs Vandy W 31-28

Kentucky wins the East :)

Just my crazy guesses. It will be very surprising if UK gets to 10-2 but I dont really see more than 1 game on that schedule that we dont atleast have a chance in.

This should be our best shot in a long time and a very favorable schedule. Bad news? Georgia has a pretty favorable schedule and returns 2 NFL running backs, a good, improving QB, and will probably improve on defense. Should be a fun year nonetheless.
Win more than we lose and get to a better bowl.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
I think avoiding defenses loaded to stop Snell is going to require the efficient medium passing attack we rarely saw last season. As much as I admired Smitty's grit and clutch play last season, I can see him being shelved if we start looking one dimensional, because Hoak looks like he can both deliver a good ball, and exhibit some presence and escape skills. I'm not making a prediction that Smitty fades. I'm just glad we appear to have competition for him with or without Barker, who is suddenly just a wildcard.

Reactions: jauk11
Every year we see a few guys blossom. This time last year fans thought that we should redshirt Snell because he couldn't get many snaps as an "apparent" 4th string back -- we see how that turned out. Jordon Jones was 2nd string in fall camp and was being criticized for being too undisciplined (in a scheme/read sense), he turned out to be perhaps our best defensive player last year along with Mike Edwards, and then there was that guy name Johnson - oh yea!. There will be surprises again this year, maybe like last year, from some of the least suspected players.

Hang in there we got a long ways to go.

Really hope Bowden turns out to be that difference maker like Snell was. If so, we could be in for a special year. Add to that having someone like Watson be a stud pass,rusher and a Looney make a mark on Dline depth.

Really hope Bowden turns out to be that difference maker like Snell was. If so, we could be in for a special year. Add to that having someone like Watson be a stud pass,rusher and a Looney make a mark on Dline depth.

All of those sound doable, but can't be counted on----but then others may surprise.
It should be a very interesting season.

Kentucky 7-5

Florida: 8-4

Mizzou: 6-6

South Carolina: 7-5

Vandy: 5-7

Tennessee: 7-5

Another ho-hum year regardless of any preseason hype that might come. I just did the eye test game by game from the OP so it might not add up, just a gut instinct on each game considering things like USC plays UGA well, UT plays UGA well, who loses a lot, who returns a lot. I think Georgia's the best team on paper but wouldn't get quite as bullish on them as some apparently are.

UK's most likely scenario is between 5-8 wins. Yes, a big gap there, but there is not one game on UK's schedule you look at and say, "They're losing that, no doubt." OTOH, I think the most optimistic UK fans are going to make the mistake of counting games against Vandy, Mizzou, USC and Mississippi State as all "likely" wins when their margin for error is still slim. They probably go 2-2 in those games IMO; I think wins over Mizzou and Vandy, losses at South Carolina and MSU. Should win at least 3 non-conference and either 3-4 SEC. Lot of winnable games, lot of returning players. Big questions are run defense, punt game and whether the offense will have enough explosive plays with their two most explosive players from last year gone.

UK catches a break with Ole Miss, they really need to capitalize and win that one.

I think avoiding defenses loaded to stop Snell is going to require the efficient medium passing attack we rarely saw last season. As much as I admired Smitty's grit and clutch play last season, I can see him being shelved if we start looking one dimensional, because Hoak looks like he can both deliver a good ball, and exhibit some presence and escape skills. I'm not making a prediction that Smitty fades. I'm just glad we appear to have competition for him with or without Barker, who is suddenly just a wildcard.

This sounds like our board. The incumbent qb led UK to their first bowl game in 5-6 seasons after taking over the team with an 0-2 start and leading them to a 7-3 finish, but suddenly a RS frosh who has never taken a snap in a college game gives UK a better option? Only difference is our number 2 qb is a true frosh.

This sounds like our board. The incumbent qb led UK to their first bowl game in 5-6 seasons after taking over the team with an 0-2 start and leading them to a 7-3 finish, but suddenly a RS frosh who has never taken a snap in a college game gives UK a better option? Only difference is our number 2 qb is a true frosh.
To be fair, I am mostly expressing my comfort with knowing we have options. I am not selling Hoak over Johnson at this point. I am just pleased that Johnson has someone in chase.

Kentucky 7-5

Florida: 8-4

Mizzou: 6-6

South Carolina: 7-5

Vandy: 5-7

Tennessee: 7-5

Another ho-hum year regardless of any preseason hype that might come. I just did the eye test game by game from the OP so it might not add up, just a gut instinct on each game considering things like USC plays UGA well, UT plays UGA well, who loses a lot, who returns a lot. I think Georgia's the best team on paper but wouldn't get quite as bullish on them as some apparently are.

UK's most likely scenario is between 5-8 wins. Yes, a big gap there, but there is not one game on UK's schedule you look at and say, "They're losing that, no doubt." OTOH, I think the most optimistic UK fans are going to make the mistake of counting games against Vandy, Mizzou, USC and Mississippi State as all "likely" wins when their margin for error is still slim. They probably go 2-2 in those games IMO; I think wins over Mizzou and Vandy, losses at South Carolina and MSU. Should win at least 3 non-conference and either 3-4 SEC. Lot of winnable games, lot of returning players. Big questions are run defense, punt game and whether the offense will have enough explosive plays with their two most explosive players from last year gone.

UK catches a break with Ole Miss, they really need to capitalize and win that one.

I pretty much agree, we look the best on paper, but that isn't where its played. We looked the best on paper against Vandy last season and 2 special team mistakes beat us.

As you probably guessed I read quite a few boards, even the other site's if I can read it free. Ole Miss fans feel they are going to be very good this fall, good enough to win the West title but won't be able to play for the championship. They are expecting 10+ wins, I have said here more than once counting them as a likely W right now is a mistake. That isn't saying UK isn't going to win, but OM has the potential to be very good, their OL and WR are among the best in the conference. Their season comes down to Freeze being able to regain the team, if he does, that 10+ win season is pretty likely, if he doesn't its a 4 or less win season looking at them. You have to remember, the soph, jr. and sr class were the best they could buy.

Reactions: JRowland
Doesn't matter anyways Ole Miss is banned from post season play for the next 2 years.
But we still have to play them - it may or may not be a win for UK....so the game absolutely matters to UK's season.

Hey, I have been very impressed by Hoak in BOTH spring games, but isn't your freshman QB a top rated five star? Can we arrange a swap, we need it for recruiting even if he doesn't pan out

I don't think many realize how bad the roster at UGA had gotten, sure we had gotten some big name guys, but Richt had ignored OL recruiting for years, we didn't have a single OL last year who was recruited as a OT, But we had missed on QB 4 years in a row, didn't even recruit Watson in favor of our 2nd string punter. Richt had gotten complacent and it was time for us to go in separate directions.

As for as Kirby as a coach goes, the only real misque he had was against Vandy, OM was alot better than us when we played, UT was a fluke and no one would even be thinking his season was questionable, GT was pretty good as you guys saw and so was UF. For a bad OL, and a true frosh qb, I expected 8 wins and that's what we got. Now 8 wins or less this year and/or a loss to Tech then Kirby's grace period is over.

Butch Jones is still at UT, their defensive staff was revamped last year, they will be young and will struggle getting to a bowl. Butch is worst game day coach in the SEC, they had some good recruiting classes, but many of those kids are gone. They have no one on campus to replace Dobbs, Kamara, they lost about 90% of their offensive production. I just can't see them being very good and getting to a bowl isn't a given.

Obviously, you know the UGA recruiting ins and outs better than I do. I will stand by my opinion that Kirby looked like a deer in headlights last year on the sideline, and I don't think I"m alone in that take.

Kentucky: 10-2
@ Southern Miss W 48-20
Vs EKU W 46-9
@ USCjr W 34-24

Vs Florida W 27-21
Vs EMU W 46-21
Vs Mizzou W 41-28
@MSU W 33-27
Vs Tennessee L 36-34
Vs Ole Miss W 37-24
@Vandy W 27-20
@Georgia L 28-20
Vs Louisville W 38-28

Gotta beat Florida.

Reactions: SanAntonioCat
Obviously, you know the UGA recruiting ins and outs better than I do. I will stand by my opinion that Kirby looked like a deer in headlights last year on the sideline, and I don't think I"m alone in that take.

Sure he was nervous, name a first time head coach who wasn't. I do understand fans of other schools hoping he isn't successful, right now we are the only instate P5 school in a state that produces 150+ D1 athletes a year a successful Kirby would be bad for the other schools in the division. I realize Tech is instate and P5, but they don't recruit the guys other P5 schools recruit. He may be great, good, average or awful, but we were an 8 win team last year. Should have beat Vandy, should have lost to AU. But we were an awfully young team in 16, We should be pretty good this year,with 17 starters returning, could win the East but until we can beat UF I can't predict it, if he has another 8 win season and a loss to Tech in there, all the good will he had will be gone. To show how young, we had 15 frosh and soph starters last season, 3 sr and 1 jr on O and 1 sr and 4 jr on D.

We all agree that Kirby looked way in over his head but hopefully it was just a 1st year thing and he can be successful from here on out if not he'll be fired in a couple years.

Sure he was nervous, name a first time head coach who wasn't. I do understand fans of other schools hoping he isn't successful, right now we are the only instate P5 school in a state that produces 150+ D1 athletes a year a successful Kirby would be bad for the other schools in the division. I realize Tech is instate and P5, but they don't recruit the guys other P5 schools recruit. He may be great, good, average or awful, but we were an 8 win team last year. Should have beat Vandy, should have lost to AU. But we were an awfully young team in 16, We should be pretty good this year,with 17 starters returning, could win the East but until we can beat UF I can't predict it, if he has another 8 win season and a loss to Tech in there, all the good will he had will be gone. To show how young, we had 15 frosh and soph starters last season, 3 sr and 1 jr on O and 1 sr and 4 jr on D.
He loses to tech again this year and I will want him fired there's no team I loath more than the bug team. He would have as many loses to tech in 2 years as Richt did in 15!

He loses to tech again this year and I will want him fired there's no team I loath more than the bug team. He would have as many loses to tech in 2 years as Richt did in 15!

He won't be fired, this year unless its a disaster like a 4-5 win season, but another loss to Tech would likely mean he better win the SEC next year, not just the East.

We all agree that Kirby looked way in over his head but hopefully it was just a 1st year thing and he can be successful from here on out if not he'll be fired in a couple years.

I don't know how much of a football fan you really are, you didn't know conference losses count even if its to a team banned from post season. We had lost one game that could be blamed on coaching, 2 of the other losses were to better teams, one was a fluke. You seem to be overlooking us coming back in the 4th quarter to win 3 games, if not for a fluke against UT it would have been 4, that is hardly an indication of someone being in over their head, losing 3 late leads would be more of an indication of that being the case. You are completely overlooking the fact we put one of the youngest teams in the country on the field, started a true frosh at qb and had a makeshift OL that included an FCS grad transfer at LT, a failed DL at one guard, a guard at the other OT and 2 guys who weighed less than 280. None of that was Kirby's fault, that was a result of ignored OL recruiting for the last 5 years and 4 misses on qb in a row. It was a pretty decent coaching job to get to 8 wins, if you are payiing attention.

He won't be fired, this year unless its a disaster like a 4-5 win season, but another loss to Tech would likely mean he better win the SEC next year, not just the East.

I don't know how much of a football fan you really are, you didn't know conference losses count even if its to a team banned from post season. We had lost one game that could be blamed on coaching, 2 of the other losses were to better teams, one was a fluke. You seem to be overlooking us coming back in the 4th quarter to win 3 games, if not for a fluke against UT it would have been 4, that is hardly an indication of someone being in over their head, losing 3 late leads would be more of an indication of that being the case. You are completely overlooking the fact we put one of the youngest teams in the country on the field, started a true frosh at qb and had a makeshift OL that included an FCS grad transfer at LT, a failed DL at one guard, a guard at the other OT and 2 guys who weighed less than 280. None of that was Kirby's fault, that was a result of ignored OL recruiting for the last 5 years and 4 misses on qb in a row. It was a pretty decent coaching job to get to 8 wins, if you are payiing attention.
Oh really did u forget he blew a late lead against tech? One way to get fired at UGA quick and that's losing to tech Kirby can ask his old coach Jim Donnan about that.

ADVERTISEMENT