ADVERTISEMENT

2017 SEC East

Oh really did u forget he blew a late lead against tech? One way to get fired at UGA quick and that's losing to tech Kirby can ask his old coach Jim Donnan about that.

It's not blowing the lead when they are running it down your throat, that's getting whipped, but apparently you don't read entire post so I will repost this for you. A loss to Tech this year and Kirby will use up a lot of his good will and it will likely take an SEC championship next year for him to regain it. I think you are overlooking the fact that Tech wasn't awful in 16 and we weren't great. Come this fall they will be the team with a new QB, not a 4 year starter. But anything less that 10 wins this year, even if 1 is over Tech, gets Kirby's seat warm, there isn't a team on our schedule we don't have a pretty good chance of beating. If the OL performs with any consistency we win more than 10.

It's not blowing the lead when they are running it down your throat, that's getting whipped, but apparently you don't read entire post so I will repost this for you. A loss to Tech this year and Kirby will use up a lot of his good will and it will likely take an SEC championship next year for him to regain it. I think you are overlooking the fact that Tech wasn't awful in 16 and we weren't great. Come this fall they will be the team with a new QB, not a 4 year starter. But anything less that 10 wins this year, even if 1 is over Tech, gets Kirby's seat warm, there isn't a team on our schedule we don't have a pretty good chance of beating. If the OL performs with any consistency we win more than 10.
Still Mark Richt would not have lost to tech in fact he beat them with Miami who's team probably wasn't as good as ours.

They also didn't run down our throat we outrushed them in that game guess you were asleep when they kept going back to the same play over & over again which was a pass play & we seemed to have no clue how to stop it.

They also didn't run down our throat we outrushed them in that game guess you were asleep when they kept going back to the same play over & over again which was a pass play & we seemed to have no clue how to stop it.

Was never a doubt in my mind you were a Richt supporter. No I wasn't asleep, I watched the last drive they had, ran it right at us and we couldn't stop them, maybe in your mind that isn't running it down our throat. Do you remember the 14 game, a RIcht decision led directly to that loss, As for Miami beating them, 2 things are certain, they didn't have a true frosh at qb nor did they have the worst OL in their conference, but we did thanks to Richt's decisions of who to recruit and sign at QB the last 4 years he was here and his total disregard of signing OL, especially OT his entire reign as our coach. When you have zero OT on campus for a first year coach, that isn't his doing, that's the previous staff's doing. Mark Richt is a fine man, but he failed us his last 3-5 years at UGA, His last game against UF was a slap in the face of every UGA fan, I lost all respect for him as a coach with his decision to start Bauta at QB and not pull him after his 4th int. It was Richt's way of saying I am in charge and will do as I please, got him fired too.

Was never a doubt in my mind you were a Richt supporter. No I wasn't asleep, I watched the last drive they had, ran it right at us and we couldn't stop them, maybe in your mind that isn't running it down our throat. Do you remember the 14 game, a RIcht decision led directly to that loss, As for Miami beating them, 2 things are certain, they didn't have a true frosh at qb nor did they have the worst OL in their conference, but we did thanks to Richt's decisions of who to recruit and sign at QB the last 4 years he was here and his total disregard of signing OL, especially OT his entire reign as our coach. When you have zero OT on campus for a first year coach, that isn't his doing, that's the previous staff's doing. Mark Richt is a fine man, but he failed us his last 3-5 years at UGA, His last game against UF was a slap in the face of every UGA fan, I lost all respect for him as a coach with his decision to start Bauta at QB and not pull him after his 4th int. It was Richt's way of saying I am in charge and will do as I please, got him fired too.
Listen don't want to argue with u I was a Richt supporter and thought he needed to be replaced but with someone with experience as a HC not someone like Kirby.

Listen don't want to argue with u I was a Richt supporter and thought he needed to be replaced but with someone with experience as a HC not someone like Kirby.

No, as informed as you are you don't need to argue with me. What has UGA done in the hiring of head football coaches in the last 75 years led you to believe we would attempt to hire a proven head coach? Every hire since the mid 50's was a first time head coach, other than Jim Donnan who was hired away from Marshall which at the time was a DII school, So exactly who would think we should have hired as head coach who had experience? Muschamp, Kiffin, Mullin, Briles? News flash, Meyer, Peterson, Patterson, Kelly or Harbaugh weren't coming

I'd be thrilled with 8-4 and happy at 7-5.
I think a 7-5 regular season record would generally be found acceptable by most of our fan base if we win the bowl game this time. But this next team is capable of more than that. Sure, losses of Boom, Badet are significant. But every team loses players every year. Next man up. People focus a little too much on headline players, and sometimes fail to appreciate overall improvements on the roster. Years of effective recruiting have transformed our roster. We have 17 starters coming back, including our starting quarterback who will be a senior. Most of our quality depth is back. This last recruiting class is very good. This is the best roster situation for Kentucky since 2007. Our 2007 team lost some games it should have won, but managed to beat LSU. Eddie Gran and Darrin Hinshaw have been here for a full year now. If our 2017 team takes care of the football and plays smart football, this team will win a surprising number of games.

Reactions: bigbluegrog and RV2
Kentucky: 10-2
@ Southern Miss W 48-20
Vs EKU W 46-9
@ USCjr W 34-24
Vs Florida W 27-21
Vs EMU W 46-21
Vs Mizzou W 41-28
@MSU W 33-27
Vs Tennessee L 36-34
Vs Ole Miss W 37-24
@Vandy W 27-20
@Georgia L 28-20
Vs Louisville W 38-28

Florida: 7-5
Vs Michigan L 27-23
Vs No Colorado W 52-10
Vs Tennessee W 30-24
@ UK L 27-21
Vs Vandy W 20-16
Vs LSU L 29-27
Vs T A&M W 31-28
Vs Georgia L 34-26
@ Mizzou W 37-20
@ USCjr L 27-24
Vs UAB W 53-9
Vs FSU W 31-30

Mizzou: 5-7
Vs Missouri St W 47-17
Vs USCjr L 32-21
Vs Purdue W 31-28
Vs Auburn L 42-17
@UK L 41-28
@ Georgia L 38-20
Vs Idaho W 34-20
@UConn W 27-19
Vs Florida L 37-20
Vs Tennessee L 34-17
@ Vandy L 24-23
@ Arkansas L 28-20

USCjr: 7-5
Vs NC State W 33-24
@ Mizzou W 32-21
Vs UK L 34-24
Vs La Tech W 37-21
@ T A&M L 38-20
Vs Arkansas W 31-28
@Tennessee L 30-20
Vs Vandy W 28-20
@ Georgia L 36-21
Vs Florida W 27-24
Vs Wofford W 38-10
Vs Clemson L 42-27

Vandy: 7-5
@ MTSU W 34-21
Vs Alabama A&M W 42-13
Vs KSU W 28-23
Vs Alabama L 38-17
@ Florida L 20-16
Vs Georgia W 28-24
@ Ole Miss W 31-21
@ USCjr L 28-20
Vs WKU W 31-21
Vs UK L 27-20
Vs Mizzou W 24-20
@Tennessee L 31-28

Georgia: 9-3
Vs Appalachian St W 42-20
@ND W 34-21
Vs Samford W 45-7
Vs MSU W 38-27
@ Tennessee L 34-31
@Vandy L 28-24
Vs Mizzou W 38-20
Vs Florida W 34-26
Vs USCjr W 36-21
@ Auburn L 36-27
Vs UK W 28-20
@GT W 33-27

Tennessee: 8-4
Vs GT L 34-28
Vs Indiana St W 53-13
@ Florida L 30-24
Vs UMass W 38-21
Vs Georgia W 34-31
Vs USCjr W 30-20
@ Alabama L 41-20
@ UK W 36-34
Vs Southern Miss W 38-17
@ Mizzou W 34-17
Vs LSU L 34-24
Vs Vandy W 31-28

Kentucky wins the East :)

Just my crazy guesses. It will be very surprising if UK gets to 10-2 but I dont really see more than 1 game on that schedule that we dont atleast have a chance in.

This should be our best shot in a long time and a very favorable schedule. Bad news? Georgia has a pretty favorable schedule and returns 2 NFL running backs, a good, improving QB, and will probably improve on defense. Should be a fun year nonetheless.

Yeah, crazy guesses indeed. UK going 10-2 would be the talk of college football. You have UK winning all the swing games on the road...that would be a very impressive feat.

All three? Yes. Any one of them? Nope.

What? So your hatred of UL is more important to you than the success of our team.

Beating Any one of those teams is more important than beating UL.

we win Two of those games, the east is attainable.

Reactions: BBNRDU
I think a 7-5 regular season record would generally be found acceptable by most of our fan base if we win the bowl game this time.

If think most of our fans believe we should have beaten SMU last year which means we should have actually been 8-4 so 7wins with a deeper more experienced team and a better schedule would represent a step back to me. I think the bar is at 8. I don't really count the bowl game win or loss as bowls are exhibition games. SEC games are the real meat on the bone.

Reactions: VikingsCat
If think most of our fans believe we should have beaten SMU last year which means we should have actually been 8-4 so 7wins with a deeper more experienced team and a better schedule would represent a step back to me. I think the bar is at 8. I don't really count the bowl game win or loss as bowls are exhibition games. SEC games are the real meat on the bone.

UK didn't play SMU last year, played Southern Miss.

As for wins.....if UK wins their 4 OOC games, splits SEC road games with SCAR, Vandy, UGA, Miss St, splits SEC home games with UF, Missouri, UT and Ole Miss they'll be at 8 wins. It's doable IF they show up and play football.

I am sure you are right, most of our fans thought we should have beaten Southern Miss in 2016. It was a home game, and hope always springs eternal in the opener. The land mines in that game were obvious, but few people here were discussing them realistically at the time. Almost everyone seemed to believe Shannon Dawson's presence on Southern Miss's staff guaranteed a Kentucky victory. Of course, the most significant factor in the game (Barker's back injury and leg numbness) was unknown to us at the time. Be that as it may, losing to Southern Miss was a bummer. But beating Mississippi State and UL was also unexpected by most of us. I didn't expect 7 wins last year, and I would have been even less optimistic if someone had told me our starting quarterback would miss the season with an injury. For reasons I gave earlier, I expect 8 regular season wins in 2017. But the SEC is difficult. So 7 regular season wins would not make me distraught - if we win the bowl. Bowls are a nationally televised advertisement for our program at a key point in the recruiting season. Call it an exhibition or whatever, but our performance (and preparation) against Georgia Tech was disappointing. I am confident in the development of our football roster. Player-wise, a nucleus is there that sets a great foundation. I am stIill looking for the maturation of Stoops as a head coach that will bring on better, more organized bowl performances, and I expect to see it this time because the staff is more stable now.

I agree, and if the bowl selection committee does its job the bowl game should be a close game and hard to predict ahead of time anyway.

But beating Mississippi State and UL was also unexpected by most of us. I

I'll hand you the UofL game - one of the biggest upsets in college football in 2016, but we should have beaten MSU easier than we did had it not been for the turnovers, and Badet catches that pass that bounced off his hands, we almost assuredly beat Georgia. I think of the 2016 CATS as an 8 win team with some really bad breaks in there.

RE Bowls: IMO making it to a bowl, and WHICH bowl you make it to, is much more important for team development and image than the final score of the bowl (which no one ever remembers anyway)

I'll hand you the UofL game - one of the biggest upsets in college football in 2016, but we should have beaten MSU easier than we did had it not been for the turnovers, and Badet catches that pass that bounced off his hands, we almost assuredly beat Georgia. I think of the 2016 CATS as an 8 win team with some really bad breaks in there.

RE Bowls: IMO making it to a bowl, and WHICH bowl you make it to, is much more important for team development and image than the final score of the bowl (which no one ever remembers anyway)
Most football teams win and lose games they really shouldn't. Results of football games depend on execution (not just Badet's). Players try their best, but they are human. The Georgia game was competitive. Talent on the 2 rosters has evened up over the years, a tribute to Stoops' recruiting. I agree, if we execute, we could beat Georgia this year. I will defer to our friends from Georgia, but I think Georgia is becoming more beatable because of weakness on their offensive line and loss of quality depth on their defense. On your other points, we agree to disagree. If you expected us to beat Mississippi State, then you deserved credit for getting it right. A lot of fans didn't, as posts showed at the time. As for bowls, nearly every Kentucky fan and former player I know can recite from memory what happened in every bowl game, at least going back to Tim Couch's Outback Bowl. Many can tell you at least a close approximation of those scores. High school football players considering Kentucky certainly know how Kentucky played in bowl games in those years when they were looking around. I agree with you that WHICH bowl matters, but all bowls are high profile recruiting advertisements on national TV. Results ultimately matter more. At most programs, this would not even be debatable. I don't think it will be debatable here much longer, because things are changing fast.

Kentucky: 10-2
@ Southern Miss W 48-20
Vs EKU W 46-9
@ USCjr W 34-24
Vs Florida W 27-21
Vs EMU W 46-21
Vs Mizzou W 41-28
@MSU W 33-27
Vs Tennessee L 36-34
Vs Ole Miss W 37-24
@Vandy W 27-20
@Georgia L 28-20
Vs Louisville W 38-28

Florida: 7-5
Vs Michigan L 27-23
Vs No Colorado W 52-10
Vs Tennessee W 30-24
@ UK L 27-21
Vs Vandy W 20-16
Vs LSU L 29-27
Vs T A&M W 31-28
Vs Georgia L 34-26
@ Mizzou W 37-20
@ USCjr L 27-24
Vs UAB W 53-9
Vs FSU W 31-30

Mizzou: 5-7
Vs Missouri St W 47-17
Vs USCjr L 32-21
Vs Purdue W 31-28
Vs Auburn L 42-17
@UK L 41-28
@ Georgia L 38-20
Vs Idaho W 34-20
@UConn W 27-19
Vs Florida L 37-20
Vs Tennessee L 34-17
@ Vandy L 24-23
@ Arkansas L 28-20

USCjr: 7-5
Vs NC State W 33-24
@ Mizzou W 32-21
Vs UK L 34-24
Vs La Tech W 37-21
@ T A&M L 38-20
Vs Arkansas W 31-28
@Tennessee L 30-20
Vs Vandy W 28-20
@ Georgia L 36-21
Vs Florida W 27-24
Vs Wofford W 38-10
Vs Clemson L 42-27

Vandy: 7-5
@ MTSU W 34-21
Vs Alabama A&M W 42-13
Vs KSU W 28-23
Vs Alabama L 38-17
@ Florida L 20-16
Vs Georgia W 28-24
@ Ole Miss W 31-21
@ USCjr L 28-20
Vs WKU W 31-21
Vs UK L 27-20
Vs Mizzou W 24-20
@Tennessee L 31-28

Georgia: 9-3
Vs Appalachian St W 42-20
@ND W 34-21
Vs Samford W 45-7
Vs MSU W 38-27
@ Tennessee L 34-31
@Vandy L 28-24
Vs Mizzou W 38-20
Vs Florida W 34-26
Vs USCjr W 36-21
@ Auburn L 36-27
Vs UK W 28-20
@GT W 33-27

Tennessee: 8-4
Vs GT L 34-28
Vs Indiana St W 53-13
@ Florida L 30-24
Vs UMass W 38-21
Vs Georgia W 34-31
Vs USCjr W 30-20
@ Alabama L 41-20
@ UK W 36-34
Vs Southern Miss W 38-17
@ Mizzou W 34-17
Vs LSU L 34-24
Vs Vandy W 31-28

Kentucky wins the East :)

Just my crazy guesses. It will be very surprising if UK gets to 10-2 but I dont really see more than 1 game on that schedule that we dont atleast have a chance in.

This should be our best shot in a long time and a very favorable schedule. Bad news? Georgia has a pretty favorable schedule and returns 2 NFL running backs, a good, improving QB, and will probably improve on defense. Should be a fun year nonetheless.
Smh.

Georgia is the odds-on favorite in the east, but I'll believe it when i see it. Very unimpressed with Kirby Smart on the sidelines (so far), though he is recruiting like a madman.

I say the east is UF's division unless someone proves otherwise.

I agree with Grump that OM will bounce back to some degree.

I don't agree that UT will stink. They still recruit at a high level and their coaching staff has had an overhaul. Worried that we'll have a hard time beating them (yet again).

No doubt UK has the most favorable combo of schedule / team in some time. Let's hope we can fulfill our potential.
False we have a terrible schedule. Aside from the 3 cup cakes and mizzou we will not be favored in any game especially at home. The easier teams we beat last year by 3-7 points will now be away. Horrible not a likely win.

Oh really did u forget he blew a late lead against tech? One way to get fired at UGA quick and that's losing to tech Kirby can ask his old coach Jim Donnan about that.
You mean your coach doesnt get raises for losing to tech and going 7-6?
Oh thats just us. It wouldnt take very long for Kirby to get fired if he turned in a 7-6 record.

Most football teams win and lose games they really shouldn't. Results of football games depend on execution (not just Badet's). Players try their best, but they are human. The Georgia game was competitive. Talent on the 2 rosters has evened up over the years, a tribute to Stoops' recruiting. I agree, if we execute, we could beat Georgia this year. I will defer to our friends from Georgia, but I think Georgia is becoming more beatable because of weakness on their offensive line and loss of quality depth on their defense. On your other points, we agree to disagree. If you expected us to beat Mississippi State, then you deserved credit for getting it right. A lot of fans didn't, as posts showed at the time. As for bowls, nearly every Kentucky fan and former player I know can recite from memory what happened in every bowl game, at least going back to Tim Couch's Outback Bowl. Many can tell you at least a close approximation of those scores. High school football players considering Kentucky certainly know how Kentucky played in bowl games in those years when they were looking around. I agree with you that WHICH bowl matters, but all bowls are high profile recruiting advertisements on national TV. Results ultimately matter more. At most programs, this would not even be debatable. I don't think it will be debatable here much longer, because things are changing fast.

You nailed our biggest weakness, last year was about as bad an SEC OL as I can remember seeing play. OL recruiting over the l4-5 years has been awful, 3 OL coaches and Richt never made OL recruiting a priority and it caught up to us. We didn't have a single OT on the roster heading into the 16 season, had to move a G outside and took an FCS grad transfer to play LT. But that's changing, we killed OL recruiting in 17, 1 or 2 will very likely start this fall.

What? So your hatred of UL is more important to you than the success of our team.

Beating Any one of those teams is more important than beating U

we win Two of those games, the east is attainable.
I don't disagree. I am not saying quite what you seem to think, almost the reverse. I am not assuming losses in the SEC games. I am only saying that I would not accept a guaranteed U of L loss for one guaranteed win against those three conference opponents.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
Stopped reading the records when I saw UGA and UK beating UF. I just refuse to believe that happens before I see it.

Sure he was nervous, name a first time head coach who wasn't. I do understand fans of other schools hoping he isn't successful, right now we are the only instate P5 school in a state that produces 150+ D1 athletes a year a successful Kirby would be bad for the other schools in the division. I realize Tech is instate and P5, but they don't recruit the guys other P5 schools recruit. He may be great, good, average or awful, but we were an 8 win team last year. Should have beat Vandy, should have lost to AU. But we were an awfully young team in 16, We should be pretty good this year,with 17 starters returning, could win the East but until we can beat UF I can't predict it, if he has another 8 win season and a loss to Tech in there, all the good will he had will be gone. To show how young, we had 15 frosh and soph starters last season, 3 sr and 1 jr on O and 1 sr and 4 jr on D.

I don't necessarily "hope that he isn't successful" except for the fact that I'd like UK to finish ahead of uGA in the East standings. Truth be told, I'd prefer Georgia 100 times out of 100 if I had to choose among them Fla, and Ga to win the east (I hate the other two). I watch most SEC football games, and I was underwhelmed by Smart on the sideline. He may grow into a master on the sidelines, but he wasn't in year 1. He is already an ace recruiter, so I would expect his sideline acumen to improve.

Georgia is one of the great mysteries in college football to me. That state produces a ton of talent, the other in-state school isn't exactly a powerhouse, the resources are vast, the fanbase is huge, but the results aren't really on par with other power programs like Florida, Alabama, FSU, LSU, etc.

Reactions: RV2
On your other points, we agree to disagree. If you expected us to beat Mississippi State, then you deserved credit for getting it right.

For clarity when I said we should have beaten MSU without the end of game drama what I was referring to was the fact that we had thoroughly outplayed them most of the game - 26 first downs to 16, 554 yards of offense to 362 etc. But because we turn the ball over twice in critical situations setting them up for easy scores, the game turned out to be closer than it should have been. I really didn't have any pregame prediction on that game.

False we have a terrible schedule. Aside from the 3 cup cakes and mizzou we will not be favored in any game especially at home. The easier teams we beat last year by 3-7 points will now be away. Horrible not a likely win.

LOL at "false". This is subjective, it's not true or false.

BUt, I think you are wrong. IF UK really fancies itself as an East Division contender, this is the perfect schedule. Two of the other three contenders (UT and UF) are at home. We draw the two weakest teams from the west. This is as easy as an SEC schedule gets.

Nope. Nope to all of it. Why post then?

Its a football forum, and when theres no active football happening all there is is guessing...what do you mean "why post then"? With your logic Justin Rowland shouldnt post his guesses off of what he has seen either. Noone knows forsure whats going to happen in football, 99% of being a football fan is guessing and predicting. The other 1% is watching the game. Ya act like youve never been around football guys lol

But in all seriousness, its a conversation starter and also shows we have a chance in practically all of our games. Wasnt to be taken literal, which I made clear in the post.

Its a football forum, and when theres no active football happening all there is is guessing...what do you mean "why post then"? With your logic Justin Rowland shouldnt post his guesses off of what he has seen either. Noone knows forsure whats going to happen in football, 99% of being a football fan is guessing and predicting. The other 1% is watching the game. Ya act like youve never been around football guys lol

But in all seriousness, its a conversation starter and also shows we have a chance in practically all of our games. Wasnt to be taken literal, which I made clear in the post.
I not saying anything personall about you. I cant stand the thought process that magically we are gonna go 10-2 as if this is the year we break a 30 year old streak of sucking minus 2 years under brooks were we went 4-4 in SEC play wich is not a good record and just shock the universe. Every year this board does this, were goin beat UF why isnt ESPN respecting us? We are big time program now and then the season starts and EVERYONE is calling to pull the Qb, Fire stoops, why is cant we beat WKU, USM, UL 5 years straight, OMG EKU almost and SHOULD have beat us....the board becomes a riot zone.

Then we finally go 7-6 and still wonder why nobody respects, why GT felt disrespected because we were their bowl opponent, they wanted a challenge. It just goes on,on,on every off season. Were not going 10-2. People refuse to see we are a low teir no tradition football program because our basketball program is #1 people think it crosses over to football. No.

People are gonna say im negative but i have only told the truth. In 10 years from now with Stoops slowly building us up, we just might be were so many people who feel entitled think we are now.

For clarity when I said we should have beaten MSU without the end of game drama what I was referring to was the fact that we had thoroughly outplayed them most of the game - 26 first downs to 16, 554 yards of offense to 362 etc. But because we turn the ball over twice in critical situations setting them up for easy scores, the game turned out to be closer than it should have been. I really didn't have any pregame prediction on that game.

I just hope jhopp reads this post.

You nailed our biggest weakness, last year was about as bad an SEC OL as I can remember seeing play. OL recruiting over the l4-5 years has been awful, 3 OL coaches and Richt never made OL recruiting a priority and it caught up to us. We didn't have a single OT on the roster heading into the 16 season, had to move a G outside and took an FCS grad transfer to play LT. But that's changing, we killed OL recruiting in 17, 1 or 2 will very likely start this fall.

Hey Grumpy, I know you have either been to the Spring Game or watched the replays several times, this thread would be a good place to give a revised estimate of how you think they will play this year, but feel free to start a new thread if you like. I'm sure a lot of our readers would be interested in your breakdown.QB race, impact freshmen and redshirts (not sure I want to read that part), etc etc.

Last edited:
I don't necessarily "hope that he isn't successful" except for the fact that I'd like UK to finish ahead of uGA in the East standings. Truth be told, I'd prefer Georgia 100 times out of 100 if I had to choose among them Fla, and Ga to win the east (I hate the other two). I watch most SEC football games, and I was underwhelmed by Smart on the sideline. He may grow into a master on the sidelines, but he wasn't in year 1. He is already an ace recruiter, so I would expect his sideline acumen to improve.

Georgia is one of the great mysteries in college football to me. That state produces a ton of talent, the other in-state school isn't exactly a powerhouse, the resources are vast, the fanbase is huge, but the results aren't really on par with other power programs like Florida, Alabama, FSU, LSU, etc.

You should be a UGA fan and wonder about those things. I don't think there is any single reason but one of the main reasons we don't recruit better is so many kids are first generation Georgians or maybe wasn't even born in Georgia. Many have parents that are alumni of other schools, or grew up in households that rooted for other programs. Atlanta exploded in population growth with people moving here for jobs

Kirby may or may not be successful, personally I didn't see any glaring mistakes, I believe our return guy knew better than to catch the 2nd half opening kicking at the half yard line and step out of bounds, the difference in the Vandy game. You guys got to see firsthand how tough GT's run game was to stop, even if you know the play. UF ws better than us, OM was a very good team when we played them, had big first half leads against FSU and Bama and lost, then Kelly got hurt and Freeze lost the team. We would have lost the UNC game right Richt.

Losing our best player in Chubb the 15 season, he wasn't the same back in 16, my guess the reason he returned. He got 1 touch Sat, a swing pass that he caught and turned upfield with the quickness and speed he had as a frosh, that wasn't there in 16. That will make Kirby look like a much better coach. He won't lead the nation or SEC in rushing because Michel is a very good back, a great receiving back and will likely get at least 30% of the snaps and the other 3 backs getting 30% and Chubb getting about 40%, The scariest thing in the 17 season for me is having to play at UT, not the team, but that cow pasture they call a football field. last 3 trips there we have had 6 season ending knee injuries, one a career ender. The last one is particularly hard to take, they let the grass grow to about 3-4 inches, we didn't have shoes for that garbage, one of our receivers tried to slow down, foot slipped, tore ACL and PCL, last snap he ever took. Cheap attempt to get a real home field advantage. UT fans will say long for both teams, and it was, but they had cleats that worked. Add that to their DBs being taugh to go low and they have ended several RBs seasons, Ended Marcus's Lattimores career

Reactions: mrschwump
LOL at "false". This is subjective, it's not true or false.

BUt, I think you are wrong. IF UK really fancies itself as an East Division contender, this is the perfect schedule. Two of the other three contenders (UT and UF) are at home. We draw the two weakest teams from the west. This is as easy as an SEC schedule gets.
lol UK may fancy itself whatever it wants but a condender is a fantasy. Only folks with blue contacs in think we somehow skipped step 2-9 to get to 10 and conder status. Ut is a conder, UF is a contender, UGA is a contender. If you think we are on that level you are dreaming.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT