ADVERTISEMENT

2014 draft

FurdTerguson

Sophomore
Jan 9, 2009
James Young (17th) was one of 40 players chosen before Nikola Jokic. In the story I just read about those 40 players, it said Young eventually moved on to the Israeli League, where he was the leading scorer recently.

Both Harrison's would have gone ahead of Jokic, but not in the lottery so they returned to UK and Cal turned down the Cleveland job.

Jokic is the best player in the world and should have won his 3rd consecutive MVP but politics got in the way.
He is the best player, but honestly I would have gone with Embiid because he was better in the regular season. Postseason? No contest. Which is why you should wait til a season is over before giving out awards.

He is the best player, but honestly I would have gone with Embiid because he was better in the regular season. Postseason? No contest. Which is why you should wait til a season is over before giving out awards.

Jokic was the best player on the best team in the regular season too. It’s not always about who averages the most points and that’s literally the only thing Embiid did better than Jokic but Jokic scored the ball more efficiently. It all comes down to the NBA and their politics.

Embiid is a heck of a player, btw. No hate whatsoever toward him.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Two very different players, but as far as who you would select first is no doubt.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT