ADVERTISEMENT

2 ballots in the AP poll didn’t have UK ranked at all

Lauren brownlow from Durham NC had the likes of Appalachian St, Fresno st, and Utah st in her top 25.

Reactions: EliteBlue
The other voter is named Chris Solari. Writes for the Detroit Free Press, big Michigan State homer. Apparently hasn’t had UK ranked all season. Has Florida and A&M ranked 13 and 14. Miss St ranked 18 on his ballot. Cincy 19. One-loss powerhouse Utah State is 22. Two-loss Michigan State (with losses to unranked AZ State and Northwestern) is 23. All those juggernauts, but no Kentucky. It’s a shame clowns like this have a ballot, it really is.

His Twitter is @chrissolari

Last edited:
Lauren brownlow from Durham NC had the likes of Appalachian St, Fresno st, and Utah st in her top 25.
If this kind of crap happened to a big time football school like say Alabama or Clemson there would be a congressional enquiry and heads would roll.

Kentucky football?

Oh well, they have basketball...

It wont matter though because the only way we go to the FF is by winning out which includes the SEC Championship game.

In other words, if UK goes 12-1 and wins the SEC we most certainly will be in the FF of college football despite these two knuckleheads.

The other voter is named Chris Solari. Writes for the Detroit Free Press, big Michigan State homer. Apparently hasn’t had UK ranked all season. Has Florida and A&M ranked 13 and 14. Miss St ranked 18 on his ballot. Cincy 19. Utah State 22. Michigan State 23. All those juggernauts, but no Kentucky.

Maybe somebody should ask him where he ranks UK. Maybe he "forgot too"

Reactions: jnewc2
The other voter is named Chris Solari. Writes for the Detroit Free Press, big Michigan State homer. Apparently hasn’t had UK ranked all season. Has Florida and A&M ranked 13 and 14. Miss St ranked 18 on his ballot. Cincy 19. Utah State 22. Michigan State 23. All those juggernauts, but no Kentucky.

Typical Michiganer snob.

If this kind of crap happened to a big time football school like say Alabama or Clemson there would be a congressional enquiry and heads would roll.

Kentucky football?

It wont matter though because the only way we go to the FF is by winning out which includes the SEC Championship game.

In other words, if UK goes 12-1 and wins the SEC we most certainly will be in the FF of college football despite these two knuckleheads.

These two have no say on who makes the playoff lol. Meaningless poll

Good lord my dog could rank teams better than that :confused:

At least I could put hers down to negligence, the Chris Solari guy just has a bias towards UK. He puts in one loss Utah State and two loss Michigan State (with losses to AZ State and Northwestern) yet leaves off Kentucky, all the while ranking two teams that UK has beaten in his top 20.

At least I could put hers down to negligence, the Chris Solari guy just has a bias towards UK. He puts in one loss Utah State and two loss Michigan State (with losses to AZ State and Northwestern) yet leaves off Kentucky, all the while ranking two teams that UK has beaten in his top 20.

He also has A&M ranked 14th. Guy is clearly just a hater. I’m sure he’s thrilled to be getting his 15 minutes of fame in Kentucky.

For those that don’t think rankings matter outside of the playoffs... THEY DO!

The Citrus Bowl takes the highest ranked SEC team after the CFP/NY6 selections. Meaning if Kentucky and Florida have identical records at the end of the year, then Florida goes to Disney World and the Cats go to Outback in Tampa. It’s still a nice Florida bowl, but there is a big difference between the two. We need Georgia to beat Florida for this reason as well as our SEC Championship Game hopes.

[laughing] Of course it's a fat, bitter, MSU fan that refuses to say anything about it. Those of you with Twitter should flood that fat frick and figure out why Kentucky was left off. Hoping KSR tries to call him tomorrow.

MAJOR props to the girl for not only responding but being honest and laughing at herself.

[laughing] Of course it's a fat, bitter, MSU fan that refuses to say anything about it. Those of you with Twitter should flood that fat frick and figure out why Kentucky was left off. Hoping KSR tries to call him tomorrow.

MAJOR props to the girl for not only responding but being honest and laughing at herself.

Seriously. I mean the rankings do matter at the end of the day. And to leave Kentucky off yet have some of the teams ranked that he does is beyond ridiculous. Having one loss Utah State ranked? Two loss Michigan State with losses to a couple unranked teams? Two teams in his top 20 that we’ve beaten? It’s honestly ridiculous. I wouldn’t care if the rankings didn’t matter so much, but they do, both perception and otherwise. I seriously doubt Matt Jones will say/do anything about it. He seems to be in full blown basketball mode at this point.

Lauren_Brownlow.png

Seriously. I mean the rankings do matter at the end of the day. And to leave Kentucky off yet have some of the teams ranked that he does is beyond ridiculous. Having one loss Utah State ranked? Two loss Michigan State with losses to a couple unranked teams? Two teams in his top 20 that we’ve beaten? It’s honestly ridiculous. I wouldn’t care if the rankings didn’t matter so much, but they do, both perception and otherwise. I seriously doubt Matt Jones will say/do anything about it. He seems to be in full blown basketball mode at this point.

Agreed, it's just so petty and smug to go and vote a team of 18-22 year olds you don't know outside of the top 25 because of a personal issue he has with our program or whatever it may be.

The type of person that should be smacked across the mouth in public. He should DEFINITELY have his vote taken away due to the fact that he's clearly not doing the type of job he should in ranking the best 25 football teams.

I'd also all but guarantee he's a political blowhard.

Agreed, it's just so petty and smug to go and vote a team of 18-22 year olds you don't know outside of the top 25 because of a personal issue he has with our program or whatever it may be.

The type of person that should be smacked across the mouth in public. He should DEFINITELY have his vote taken away due to the fact that he's clearly not doing the type of job he should in ranking the best 25 football teams.

I'd also all but guarantee he's a political blowhard.
Damn man yes

Solari did have UK on his ballot in weeks 4, 5, and 6 at 25, 20, and 17 but dropped Kentucky off completely after the A&M loss

Solari did have UK on his ballot in weeks 4, 5, and 6 at 25, 20, and 17 but dropped Kentucky off completely after the A&M loss

So he leaves one loss Kentucky completely off yet has one loss Utah State on there? Hmm, that’s not even including him having multiple teams with two losses on there over Kentucky. His hometown Michigan State Spartans have losses to unranked Arizona State and unranked Northwestern, yet he has them on there over Kentucky. He has two one loss teams in his top twenty that Kentucky has beaten by double digits. Doesn’t make a ton of sense to me. Someone like that deserves to have their vote taken away. Polls are important in college football, and leaving a top 15 completely unranked while you rank two-loss teams with weaker schedules is just ridiculous. Then he puts a one loss Utah State team on there. He’s either highly incompetent or has a blatant bias. Neither is good.

Kentucky football?

Wow. You accuse others of saying we only care about basketball, then refer to the college football playoffs as the FF. The irony is high.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT