ADVERTISEMENT

154 total yards against one of the worst pass defenses in CFB with Levis and good receivers

I have never rubbed dirt the wound of a defeated team before but you deserve it. While tons ‘Cat fans were telling you to slow your roll, you plowed on.

Generational talent at QB. Generational talent at RB. 10 reasons. . . 15th best defense. . .

It really could have been a tight game. KY could have won. It wasn’t, they didn’t and you just look stupid now.
As someone else stated above, HH is not a real UK fan, he isn't.

Here’s a little nut for you to chew on

Kentucky is 3-22 vs Tennessee in the last 25 years
Then why are you here?????

If we are as irrelevant as you like to spew about, why are you here 2 days straight commenting on every thread?

We don't go to other schools boards after we beat them, why are you here. You are showing UK WAY MORE respect than we show other schools that we pound in basketball.

Admit it Vol, UK is IMPORTANT and a rival no matter what has happened over the last 25 years. The last 5 are all that matter. Enjoy it now because you guys caught lightening in a bottle with Hendon Hooker

If we are as irrelevant as you like to spew about, why are you here 2 days straight commenting on every thread?

We don't go to other schools boards after we beat them, why are you here. You are showing UK WAY MORE respect than we show other schools that we pound in basketball.

Admit it Vol, UK is IMPORTANT and a rival no matter what has happened over the last 25 years. The last 5 are all that matter. Enjoy it now because you guys caught lightening in a bottle with Hendon Hooker
No, 4 wins 42 losses in 46 yrs is definitely not a rivalry.

No, 4 wins 42 losses in 46 yrs is definitely not a rivalry.
Then why are you here also???

We are MOST CERTAINLY important to you since you've been here since the game was over. I didn't realize how much you Vols valued our opinions. Stick around, you may learn something.

Hendon Hooker becoming a great player has suddenly propelled you JERKS into a position you aren't accustomed to, I get it.

Last edited:
Levis completed 11 passes in 2nd half for <40 yards. That's criminal. That's an OC who is scared. That's playing into TN hands. The secondary is not very good and has been burned all year long. So we throw in the flat, 2 yard out patterns, bubble screens, etc all night long. I have defended Scan but this was abysmal and a horrible game plan to attack UT. Just plain awful. Gave us no chance to win tonight. None.
Just glad my TV at our Air Bnb did not work, listened to first half, then turned it off and drank beer

We have fallen in love with the bubble screen, it hadnt worked in about the last 3 games

Reactions: gamecockcat
Then why are you here also???

We are MOST CERTAINLY important to you since you've been here since the game was over. I didn't realize how much you Vols valued our opinions. Stick around, you may learn something.

Hendon Hooker becoming a great player has suddenly propelled you JERKS into a position you aren't accustomed to, I get it.
Now now, name-calling. Most Vol fans are on here …. Just like Kentucky basketball fans come on our site… one difference is, Uts basketball team beats Kentucky , a lot more than 10% of the time in the last 45 years. Name-calling went out in junior high school.

So tittys finally fesses up to not being a Kentucky fan but pretended to be for the week leading up to the game.

ban this loser piece of shit already. And yeah, that’s some name calling for you. Bitch.

Reactions: catben
Now now, name-calling. Most Vol fans are on here …. Just like Kentucky basketball fans come on our site… one difference is, Uts basketball team beats Kentucky , a lot more than 10% of the time in the last 45 years. Name-calling went out in junior high school.
Your mouth's don't match your trophy case. Your basketball team showing their piddly crap SEC Championship rings to our fans in Neyland when we have double the SEC championships than ALL other SEC teams COMBINED!!
Not even mentioning the 8 NCAA Titles when Your Vols have NEVER even made it past the Elite 8.

Football is hard. UK's administration never cared about football until about 10 years ago. So keep coming here and talking CRAP because deep down YOU KNOW we aren't going back to the OLD UK Football again.

Hes the one who brought up 25 years not me

I'm at a loss for words. Whole offensive game plan was just completely wrong. Seemed like TN knew what we were going to run every down after the first quarter. Fooled no one.

Disappointed and shocked that we had such a piss poor game plan on both sides. I mean, after getting torched twice on a wheel route with a LB covering a wide receiver last year, damn if they didn't do it to us twice again this year. Do we not watch film?

Embarrassing showing by all phases tonight.
When 1 of those "stud" WRs drops a deep ball, and the TN Defense is in Levis face the whole game, you can't take advantage of a bad secondary. We couldn't put all the playmaking WRs on the field, because we needed TEs to block, so even when we did pass we were running 2-3 man patterns because our O-Line can't hold a wet fart. I know they are "inexperienced" but something has to change with the line. We have to either change the blocking scheme, or change personnel, we can't keep doing the same things and hope for better results. This line obviously can't execute what Scang wants, so we have to adapt. I was in the give them time to gel camp, but dang, we're at the point where we have to do something.

At least early on, Levis had time. Took a sack when CRod was all by himself in the flat. Levis has NOT improved his decision making, seeing the field, looking off defenders, etc. That's all on Scan as QB coach and OC.

The line has its issues. When you are extremely predictable on almost every series, you have no plan to stretch/exploit the defense, you have your presumed NFL QB throw sideways time after time, you almost never trick the defense, etc, I think your OC is not doing a very good job workinh around an OL that is sub par. Stoops doesn't call the plays. Maybe he influences the game plan but tonight's was doomed to fail.

I posted earlier this week that we have to exploit TN porous secondary by quick slants, seams off PA, throw on 1st down, etc. We did the exact opposite pretty much all night. Run 1st and second down then call 5- and 7-step drop pass plays that take forever to develop. TN blitzes a lot. We had to make them pay and never seemed to even try.
No truer words have ever been spoken. He locks onto a receiver and never looks at anyone else. One play I remember him locking onto Dane when the ball was snapped, the safety and a LB started moving toward Dane and he forced the ball into triple coverage while the TE (I think it was Dingle) was wide open across the middle. As expected they defended the pass and we were lucky it wasn't another interception.

Kentucky should have destroyed that Tennessee defense. They are incredibly aggressive which leaves them open to play action. That might be the reason Jordan Dingle was our leading receiver on the night. He was wide open on play action passes, but instead of sticking with that we decided to run a constant barrage of WR screens. News flash, we have never been able to run that play, and it is mainly because our WRs either can't, or won''t, block.

Then when Tennessee started bringing 5or 6 guys on every play, Brown should have had a field day. We could have run him on Quick Slants and Shallow crosses against single coverage into the wide-open spaces left by linebackers. Brown should have been the SEC player of the week. Instead, I think he was targeted twice. I hope someone sends our OC some video of how Memphis was using Calvin Austin. I would hate to see Brown's career wasted.

Finally, Levis is just bad when blitzed and asked to make quick decisions. It just isn't there. Our O-line isn't up to our past standards, but they are still a solid line. Tennessee was bringing the house. Especially in the second half. Unless Kentucky started keeping backs in to help, there was no way we were going to be able to pick up all the blitzers. Instead, Levis must make a quick decision and either get the ball out early or take off running. Instead, he locks in on his guy and gets happy feet. It's a mess and we are going to see a lot more of it the rest of the season.

• Love
Reactions: catben
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT