ADVERTISEMENT

154 total yards against one of the worst pass defenses in CFB with Levis and good receivers

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
I'm at a loss for words. Whole offensive game plan was just completely wrong. Seemed like TN knew what we were going to run every down after the first quarter. Fooled no one.

Disappointed and shocked that we had such a piss poor game plan on both sides. I mean, after getting torched twice on a wheel route with a LB covering a wide receiver last year, damn if they didn't do it to us twice again this year. Do we not watch film?

Embarrassing showing by all phases tonight.

Totally embarrassment showing but is the coaching staff embarrassed? Seen this too many times under stoops. Like the guy but the ceiling under him is what is is. Will keep us middle of the pack but never a trite competitor for an SEC title. This is a 2nd place team in the East that just boat raced us without a fight.

Totally embarrassment showing but is the coaching staff embarrassed? Seen this too many times under stoops. Like the guy but the ceiling under him is what is is. Will keep us middle of the pack but never a trite competitor for an SEC title. This is a 2nd place team in the East that just boat raced us without a fight.
Don't be so sure about that. UGA would lose in Neyland.

Levis completed 11 passes in 2nd half for <40 yards. That's criminal. That's an OC who is scared. That's playing into TN hands. The secondary is not very good and has been burned all year long. So we throw in the flat, 2 yard out patterns, bubble screens, etc all night long. I have defended Scan but this was abysmal and a horrible game plan to attack UT. Just plain awful. Gave us no chance to win tonight. None.

Levis completed 11 passes in 2nd half for <40 yards. That's criminal. That's an OC who is scared. That's playing into TN hands. The secondary is not very good and has been burned all year long. So we throw in the flat, 2 yard out patterns, bubble screens, etc all night long. I have defended Scan but this was abysmal and a horrible game plan to attack UT. Just plain awful. Gave us no chance to win tonight. None.
You really think it’s Scags? We have the worst Oline in power 5 and it’s not close
It showed tonight for sure
Stoops hands are all over this performance

You really think it’s Scags? We have the worst Oline in power 5 and it’s not close
It showed tonight for sure
Stoops hands are all over this performance
At least early on, Levis had time. Took a sack when CRod was all by himself in the flat. Levis has NOT improved his decision making, seeing the field, looking off defenders, etc. That's all on Scan as QB coach and OC.

The line has its issues. When you are extremely predictable on almost every series, you have no plan to stretch/exploit the defense, you have your presumed NFL QB throw sideways time after time, you almost never trick the defense, etc, I think your OC is not doing a very good job workinh around an OL that is sub par. Stoops doesn't call the plays. Maybe he influences the game plan but tonight's was doomed to fail.

I posted earlier this week that we have to exploit TN porous secondary by quick slants, seams off PA, throw on 1st down, etc. We did the exact opposite pretty much all night. Run 1st and second down then call 5- and 7-step drop pass plays that take forever to develop. TN blitzes a lot. We had to make them pay and never seemed to even try.

He doesn’t understand college football.

The NFL isn’t scheme heavy. You have to be semi balanced to win. And they often call plays on bay just takes advantage of a single 1v1.

College ball can be schemes af. They don’t have NFL players at every position so you attack the weak part of the scheme as a whole (I.e. pass/run/secondary etc. you can run it 4 downs ar a time and eat clock and be successful etc. he just wants to play it man on man and try to trade blows. He was a failed mediocre NFL guy

I'm at a loss for words. Whole offensive game plan was just completely wrong. Seemed like TN knew what we were going to run every down after the first quarter. Fooled no one.

Disappointed and shocked that we had such a piss poor game plan on both sides. I mean, after getting torched twice on a wheel route with a LB covering a wide receiver last year, damn if they didn't do it to us twice again this year. Do we not watch film?

Unfortunately, we were the worst team they've played all year, statically, and it's not even close. I'm almost to the opinion that most anybody can beat us if they wore a UT uniform.

Your Gamecocks did look atrocious, no argument there.

Reactions: chattownvol
Your Gamecocks did look atrocious, no argument there.
Good lord. Every single season I have to explain the name to someone. Born and raised in Lexington, graduated from UK. Had season tix at Commonwealth for a decade before I moved to SC. Bleed blue and white (football mainly, don't like basketball as a sport). Now live in CO.

Hate USC worse than every other team we play. So, not a USC grad, fan or affiliated. Just picked a dumb name 20+ years ago and I'm not gonna change it.

And UK looked like they took 2 weeks off rather than prepare for UT.

Listen to what is said about our offensive philosophy and then look at what the top teams are scoring each week...

Reactions: chattownvol
Wait a minute Hoss. You told me earlier this week that I was being negative saying we were gonna get blown out. Have you now seen what I've been watching all year? This wasn't hard to predict.

He's not a real UK fan. He's a deep 6 mi5 navy seal troll that for some reason spends so much time on our boards pretending to be a Kentucky fan.

He is playing a character and making fun of the idiot sunshine pampers on this board and the basketball board that are always super positive.

here’s a couple words for you

Tennessee is one of the best teams in these United States

Good lord. Every single season I have to explain the name to someone. Born and raised in Lexington, graduated from UK. Had season tix at Commonwealth for a decade before I moved to SC. Bleed blue and white (football mainly, don't like basketball as a sport). Now live in CO.

Hate USC worse than every other team we play. So, not a USC grad, fan or affiliated. Just picked a dumb name 20+ years ago and I'm not gonna change it.

And UK looked like they took 2 weeks off rather than prepare for UT.
Typical Stoops bye preparation.

Not sure what game you all were watching. How would Levis have had time to throw downfield passes? Our OL has been an issue all year and was exploited by the big oranges. Biggest mistake Scangarello has made is removing QB runs as part of the game plan. And, with our OL issues, Levi’s doesn’t make quick enough reads and gets sacked too much. On defense, we clearly weren’t ready for their pace, which is on Brad White. I’ve read a lot of takes on the game and not one has mentioned our defense’s lack of preparation and Brad White’s ownership. Our only hope going forward is to shore up our Defense and hope Rodriguez stays healthy.

Not sure what game you all were watching. How would Levis have had time to throw downfield passes? Our OL has been an issue all year and was exploited by the big oranges. Biggest mistake Scangarello has made is removing QB runs as part of the game plan. And, with our OL issues, Levi’s doesn’t make quick enough reads and gets sacked too much. On defense, we clearly weren’t ready for their pace, which is on Brad White. I’ve read a lot of takes on the game and not one has mentioned our defense’s lack of preparation and Brad White’s ownership. Our only hope going forward is to shore up our Defense and hope Rodriguez stays healthy.
Agree once UT had the game in hand they just blitzed us to death. But the first several series Levis did have time. Waited too long to hit Brown for a first down on the first series, missed CRod in the flat wide open and took a sack, threw late a couple of other times. Playcalling was a big problem last night. Very few shots town the field. We didn't need to throw bombs but we surely needed to throw it 6+ yards beyond the LOS every so often. Where are the slants and seams and digs? Almost every pass play last night was horizontal. Never really tested their secondary to cover the field. Everything was within 5 yards of the LOS which played right into their hands. Very poor preparation by Scan. Whites defense was not much better. Too many times we had very poor match-up and they exploited it. That's what a good OC/game plan is supposed to do. Not run into the teeth of their run blitzes on first and second down so we're in obvious pass situation every series.

But basketball starts in about 10 days.
Thank Jesus!
I have never rubbed salt in the wound of a defeated team before but you deserve it. While tons of ‘Cat fans were telling you to slow your roll, you plowed on.

Generational talent at QB. Generational talent at RB. 10 reasons. . . 15th best defense. . .

It really could have been a tight game. KY could have won. It wasn’t, they didn’t and you just look stupid now.

Last edited:
No matter what you think of Levis. I think it is an objective statement that our offense is worse this year than last with better wrs, rbs (same), and tightends.

Sure, our o like sucks… but you should be able to scheme around that and put up more than 6 points against a terrible defense.

After the South Carolina game I questioned him, but now I am full on ready for a change.

stoops has made solid hires so far for the most part.

scangarello is a great a dud

He doesn’t understand college football.

The NFL isn’t scheme heavy. You have to be semi balanced to win. And they often call plays on bay just takes advantage of a single 1v1.

College ball can be schemes af. They don’t have NFL players at every position so you attack the weak part of the scheme as a whole (I.e. pass/run/secondary etc. you can run it 4 downs ar a time and eat clock and be successful etc. he just wants to play it man on man and try to trade blows. He was a failed mediocre NFL guy

Agree except the last part. Not sure he really had much chance there yet.

Way too much scheming going on. In the NFL that's necessary because of the virtually non-existent talent gap. In college, some movement is good but just line up and play. We have the players, yes even the OL, to win on offense. We just can't have the entire play clock taken up with play calls and alignment.

We're trying way too hard to dictate matchups to a defense that week in and out is unconventional by NFL standards. Georgia will probably be the most conventional defense we see but they will have a massive talent edge.

Reactions: EliteBlue

Said it elsewhere, what the hell were these guys doing the last 2 weeks? Totally unprepared, unmotivated and lacked focus. Embarrassing and humiliating.

If you ever wonder why UK football gets no national respect I offer Sat night as Exhibit A.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT