ADVERTISEMENT

100 days till football season

I don't want tow wish time away it is too precious.. I will be glad to wait and let time pass as I have found the best way to pass time now is for me to stay up all night and sleep till 1pm.lol.. I think this is going to be a very good year, at least that is what I would like to see just as all of us.. Let's just wait and enjoy every minute we have left...

GBB

Deer season and football season sound great and all, but I'm going to have to thaw out a little more from winter before I start wishing summer away! =P

Those 2 fall activities are my favorite things to enjoy. I can't really enjoy going to the games any longer, too much concrete and my knees and back can't take the standing any longer. I am one of the bluebeards the young people say should stay at home if they can't stand and support the team. That's easy to say when nothing hurts from standing on concrete too long. But I get to spend 6-8 weeks at my hunting cabin, watching games on TV. Now the deer hunting isn't as serious as it use to be either,no more climbing stands, no more walking a mile in the woods before daylight to the perfect spot. Now days, I hunt out of a ground blind at the point where 3 shooting lanes that are 10 yards wide and 300 yards long and ride my UTV to within about 50 yards of it. Never thought that would be the case, getting older isn't easy.

I don't want tow wish time away it is too precious.. I will be glad to wait and let time pass as I have found the best way to pass time now is for me to stay up all night and sleep till 1pm.lol.. I think this is going to be a very good year, at least that is what I would like to see just as all of us.. Let's just wait and enjoy every minute we have left...

GBB

I hear that, I'm going to enjoy Summer...though were already about to hit 100 degrees down here.

Boat, lake, bikini's

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Those 2 fall activities are my favorite things to enjoy. I can't really enjoy going to the games any longer, too much concrete and my knees and back can't take the standing any longer. I am one of the bluebeards the young people say should stay at home if they can't stand and support the team. That's easy to say when nothing hurts from standing on concrete too long. But I get to spend 6-8 weeks at my hunting cabin, watching games on TV. Now the deer hunting isn't as serious as it use to be either,no more climbing stands, no more walking a mile in the woods before daylight to the perfect spot. Now days, I hunt out of a ground blind at the point where 3 shooting lanes that are 10 yards wide and 300 yards long and ride my UTV to within about 50 yards of it. Never thought that would be the case, getting older isn't easy.
Sounds like a nice setup. That's hunting smarter, not harder!

How many of Conrad, Jones, Baker, and other hurt players will be ready at start of fall camp

Relief factor.com grump.

You are the many grumpy. Have you ever been gator hunting?

GBB
hey gramps...how many you have. Got 12 here!

Shawnee,about 5 years ago, I killed the largest gator killed in Florida that year. It was 13feet 2.5 inches. My friend also got a 10’6” that night. The big one was 67” around the biggest part. I love gator hunting at night.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!
No thanks!!!... I've eaten gator and it's good

Shawnee,about 5 years ago, I killed the largest gator killed in Florida that year. It was 13feet 2.5 inches. My friend also got a 10’6” that night. The big one was 67” around the biggest part. I love gator hunting at night.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!
Just saw above while checking actual countdown. I say this with all due respect....

ARE YOU FREAKING NUTS??? :eek:

Peace

Sluggercat, I killed it with a Compound bow. If your a hunter, you would enjoy it. Just keep your hand away from it’s mouth when you get it to the boat to use the “Boom-Stick.” 223 shell

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!
Use to watch the show Swamp People ... that's a hard way to earn some money. Love to fish, but not much on hunting. Two oldest boys do and I'm sure they' they'd give it a shot.

Just saw above while checking actual countdown. I say this with all due respect....

ARE YOU FREAKING NUTS??? :eek:

Peace

Wildcard, my wife would tell you I am, but after flying in the USAF during Namn, I think I’m bulletproof. I’m in Africa at the present time, enjoying myself with my wife. We have seen the BIG 5, saw a Lepoard kill an anteater, and 2 Lions with 5 little cubs kill an Impala. We went to Victoria Falls yesterday, and a village today. The little kids were great, and so appreciative of what we took them. If really makes you appreciate America.

OLD STOLL FIELD Guy!

Wildcard, my wife would tell you I am, but after flying in the USAF during Namn, I think I’m bulletproof. I’m in Africa at the present time, enjoying myself with my wife. We have seen the BIG 5, saw a Lepoard kill an anteater, and 2 Lions with 5 little cubs kill an Impala. We went to Victoria Falls yesterday, and a village today. The little kids were great, and so appreciative of what we took them. If really makes you appreciate America.

OLD STOLL FIELD Guy!
Awesome trip. I would love to see Victoria Falls. And thank you for your service during a very hard to figure time in American history. And be careful around those gators - I heard they bite. :D

Peace

OLD STOLL FIELD Guy!
Yes, it most certainly does. served in Nam with 101st in 1969-70. All those who b**** and moan about this country should be made to go to one of those two countries and they would be begging to come back here to live... Was quite a culture shock for me to be in three different countries especially at the age of 19 and see how those people had to live. Now, the little R&R to Australia was guite a different story:joy::joy::scream::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::smiley::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Yes, it most certainly does. served in Nam with 101st in 1969-70. All those who b**** and moan about this country should be made to go to one of those two countries and they would be begging to come back here to live... Was quite a culture shock for me to be in three different countries especially at the age of 19 and see how those people had to live. Now, the little R&R to Australia was guite a different story:joy::joy::scream::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::smiley::sunglasses::sunglasses:

They can get the same eye opening experience from living in the country to our south. I am from a different generation, but believe me my time in the Marine Corps has shown me that there is no better country than the United States of America. Thank you gentlemen for your service btw.

They can get the same eye opening experience from living in the country to our south. I am from a different generation, but believe me my time in the Marine Corps has shown me that there is no better country than the United States of America. Thank you gentlemen for your service btw.
Back at you...!!

Reactions: USMCWILDCAT
Awesome trip. I would love to see Victoria Falls. And thank you for your service during a very hard to figure time in American history. And be careful around those gators - I heard they bite. :D

Peace

Nah, that's a rumor some guy started.

But then the guy was in the hospital when he started the rumor.

Spent a lot of time around Cumberland Falls growing up, MUCH smaller scale than Victoria Falls, but both have the moonbow. Saw a picture of Cumberland Falls in the newspaper about 1959 during a bad flood when the Falls was supposed to only drop about 6', hard to believe, normally over a 60 foot drop. Spent a lot of time there with my daughter and two grandsons when we were back there in 16. Used to be able to climb up under the falls when I was a kid. There was a really strong rainbow from the mist on on one of the days we were there.

Thank you for your service, I was in the Army between the Korean and Vietnam wars, luck of the draw.

Their people need to stay home and clean up that cesspool instead of running away. I would be in favor of taking the place over, straightening it out, and giving it back to them. It would solve a lot of problems, my buddies and I went across the border a lot to Juarez when at Ft Bliss, but it is a dangerous place to go now, all this JMO.

Reactions: Ky grandpa

OLD STOLL FIELD Guy!

I was in the USAF and spent my year in Nam in 1969-1970.. I thank you guy's for your sacrifice and service to our beautiful country. It may not be perfect for everyone, but it is for me.. I thank all our men and women who serve. It was the greatest honor I have ever felt in my life..

Jauk11 I live in southern part of Ky and have been to the fall's a few times myself. It is truly beautiful there and all the other parks in Ky I have been too..
Now what were we talking about? lol. I will be glad when game time get's here, but I am also patient enough to wait..

GBB And I hope everyone has a safe time and travels where ever you are..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT