ADVERTISEMENT

If a private business mandates something it’s okay but how is it okay if the government forces private businesses to mandate?

My religion is anti United States government. Therefore whatever they say or tell me to do I have to assume it is in my best interest to do opposite.
States have "police power" under the law to operate in what can be viewed as to the benefit of public health. It's a tough situation because they can't use this power too broadly as to intervene with the peoples' rights to assemble, etc. but states do have the power to make businesses to do the things that they are doing.

States have "police power" under the law to operate in what can be viewed as to the benefit of public health. It's a tough situation because they can't use this power too broadly as to intervene with the peoples' rights to assemble, etc. but states do have the power to make businesses to do the things that they are doing.
Basically what it boils down to is we are not as free as we like to think we are

Reactions: crashtestdummy
Executive Order 9066
Roosevelt suspended the writ of habeas corpus denied thousands of Japanese Americans (in good standing) their rights and put them into internment camps.
I'm only pointing out that government can do what it wants, when it wants. Always have!

Reactions: BBBLazing
I've had 5 shots because people that spend their whole lives studying this stuff came up with it as a solution. That's the way the civilized modern world works. For the sake of society we agree to place our lives in the hands of people that work very hard to attain expertise in the areas required to serve us. We let them fly us, drive us, operate on us, build bridges we cross, boats we sail on, buildings we live and work in. I don't know what they know but we have a bargain that if they will achieve the required certifications to do what they do, then we'll trust them. That's the only way this thing works.

It's not a perfect system but it's better than any other man has ever devised and certainly better than a bunch of superstitious nuts taking animal medications and shining flashlights up their arses. If I do die due to some statistical anomaly then so be it.

I've had 5 shots because people that spend their whole lives studying this stuff came up with it as a solution. That's the way the civilized modern world works. For the sake of society we agree to place our lives in the hands of people that work very hard to attain expertise in the areas required to serve us. We let them fly us, drive us, operate on us, build bridges we cross, boats we sail on, buildings we live and work in. I don't know what they know but we have a bargain that if they will achieve the required certifications to do what they do, then we'll trust them. That's the only way this thing works.

It's not a perfect system but it's better than any other man has ever devised and certainly better than a bunch of superstitious nuts taking animal medications and shining flashlights up their arses. If I do die due to some statistical anomaly then so be it.
it didn't bother you that one of the people involved from the beginning of MRNA technology testing had significant concerns about the same exact side effects that basically have been coming to light more and more lately? So you are still bought into a vaccine that has proved that it is not significantly reducing the chance of getting it or passing it along and the chances of you dying from COVID in general are about the same as the regular flu, provided you don't have 3 or more comorbidities? I don't see the value prop in the vaccine so any risk it has is more risk than not getting it for the vast majority.

I know this is rare in The Paddock, but I am NOT wanting a debate on this. I honestly just want to understand a point of view.

I understand that many don't want to be forced (or even cohersed) into taking the vaccine by the government. And I understand why people don't want to be told what to do, especially if they don't think they are harming anyone else.

I also know there are others who claim for religious reasons that they should not have to get vaccinated, and even try to get religious exemptions to avoid it. I am a Christian, but fail to see the connection. Could someone please explain it to me?
Again, I am not being critical or judgemental, just wanting to understand the rationale.
I mean I get why those who don't want any medicinal treatments of any kind would object. But if you are not one of those (opposed to any medical treatment), how is a covid vaccine different from the religous perspective than other vaccines or treatments?
According to this doctor there are no fetal cell lines used in the manufacture of vaccines so there should be no religious conflict from what he is saying:

Answer from infectious disease expert and practicing Catholic James Lawler, MD

No, the COVID-19 vaccines do not contain any aborted fetal cells. However, fetal cell lines – cells grown in a laboratory based on aborted fetal cells collected generations ago – were used in testing during research and development of the mRNA vaccines, and during production of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/y...covid-19-vaccines-contain-aborted-fetal-cells

There is a lot of misinformation and conspiracy theories around the COVID vaccine, my best advise is if you have any questions about it discuss it with your doctor.

According to this doctor there are no fetal cell lines used in the manufacture of vaccines so there should be no religious conflict from what he is saying:

Answer from infectious disease expert and practicing Catholic James Lawler, MD

No, the COVID-19 vaccines do not contain any aborted fetal cells. However, fetal cell lines – cells grown in a laboratory based on aborted fetal cells collected generations ago – were used in testing during research and development of the mRNA vaccines, and during production of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/y...covid-19-vaccines-contain-aborted-fetal-cells

There is a lot of misinformation and conspiracy theories around the COVID vaccine, my best advise is if you have any questions about it discuss it with your doctor.
What you talking about? Your post even mentions the use of fetal cell lines used in the testing, development and even production (J&J) vaccines.

Some people won’t buy makeup or other products that were tested on animals…fetal cell lines used in the R&D phase would definitely cause religious conflict for many.

If the bridge, plane, or boat was hastily slapped together and you began to notice that many people who used them were having heart issues and blood clots that far exceeded a normal rate, I’d like to think you wouldn’t have a 6th.

What you talking about? Your post even mentions the use of fetal cell lines used in the testing, development and even production (J&J) vaccines.

Some people won’t buy makeup or other products that were tested on animals…fetal cell lines used in the R&D phase would definitely cause religious conflict for many.
I simply paraphrased what the article said and linked it. According to this doctor there are no fetal cell lines used in the manufacture of the vaccine, they were used in the initial development and testing. I thought that was pretty clear.

I simply paraphrased what the article said and linked it. According to this doctor there are no fetal cell lines used in the manufacture of the vaccine, they were used in the initial development and testing. I thought that was pretty clear.
Pretty clear from what you posted that they were used in production of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine lol.

:used in testing during research and development of the mRNA vaccines, and during production of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

Pretty clear from what you posted that they were used in production of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine lol.

:used in testing during research and development of the mRNA vaccines, and during production of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

Not trying to split hairs but yes you are are right that they used fetal cell lines in the manufacturing process but their are no actual fetal cell lines in the vaccine itself. This is what they said:

To make the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, scientists infect PER.C6 fetal cell lines to grow the adenovirus vector. (Learn more about how viral vector vaccines work.) All PER.C6 cells used to manufacture the Johnson & Johnson vaccine are descended from tissue taken from a 1985 abortion that took place in the Netherlands.

The OP was concerned the the vaccine contained fetal cell lines, that doesn't seem to be the case according to this article.

Not trying to split hairs but yes you are are right that they used fetal cell lines in the manufacturing process but their are no actual fetal cell lines in the vaccine itself. This is what they said:

To make the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, scientists infect PER.C6 fetal cell lines to grow the adenovirus vector. (Learn more about how viral vector vaccines work.) All PER.C6 cells used to manufacture the Johnson & Johnson vaccine are descended from tissue taken from a 1985 abortion that took place in the Netherlands.

The OP was concerned the the vaccine contained fetal cell lines, that doesn't seem to be the case according to this article.
No - the OP was wondering why people would have religious reasons for vivid vaccine hesitancy. The use of fetal cell lines is a common explanation.

Don’t think religious people that have this reasoning differentiate between fetal cells in the shot going into their arm vs fetal cells being used in the whole process to come to the point of having a vaccine.

Again, similar to people refusing to buy from companies that animal test etc.

Here’s a question: for those of y’all who took the shots to save your grandma/FIL/neighbor/humanity (sorry if I missed any)…..why all the sudden did you stop taking the boosters?
Results I saw said 4+ didn't add further protection beyond about 2 months. Net, I figured 3X plus having had covid was enough till a better booster or alternative comes along.

I don't know why you all are worried abou the vax when it's apparent that football is the real danger to healthy athletes.

Results I saw said 4+ didn't add further protection beyond about 2 months. Net, I figured 3X plus having had covid was enough till a better booster or alternative comes along.
Got it. So 3 is the magic number to save humanity.

If the bridge, plane, or boat was hastily slapped together and you began to notice that many people who used them were having heart issues and blood clots that far exceeded a normal rate, I’d like to think you wouldn’t have a 6th.
China is going to have to swallow their pride and accept Western vaccines. The proof is before the world and it is unquestionable.

These people, even to some degree as much as I hate to admit it... Donald Trump, deserve credit for what they did under incredible pressure. There is no parallel to what they did in history to come up with multiple vaccines for a pandemic like they did.

So the thing to do is be thankful and move on with our lives which is what I have done. I benefitted from their miraculous work and dedication and for that I am thankful.

I feel bad (with anger mixed in) for the people that have convinced themselves that their own country is their enemy. That science is not to be believed no matter how convincing. That doctors scheme to kill them.

What a sad sorry lot they are... but I am comfortable in allowing them their miserable fate as in the end traitors die of shame. They can't wash it off. Once you turn on your own country you become a nothing. An empty thing that haunts you till the end. You'll forever find some conspiracy to fill that black hole with. But when you die, your last thought will be of the shame you feel for what you done and if a hell does exist then there should be a special deeper part of it for traitors that would hate and attack their own country and their own people.

• Haha
Reactions: WildcatofNati
China is going to have to swallow their pride and accept Western vaccines. The proof is before the world and it is unquestionable.

These people, even to some degree as much as I hate to admit it... Donald Trump, deserve credit for what they did under incredible pressure. There is no parallel to what they did in history to come up with multiple vaccines for a pandemic like they did.

So the thing to do is be thankful and move on with our lives which is what I have done. I benefitted from their miraculous work and dedication and for that I am thankful.

I feel bad (with anger mixed in) for the people that have convinced themselves that their own country is their enemy. That science is not to be believed no matter how convincing. That doctors scheme to kill them.

What a sad sorry lot they are... but I am comfortable in allowing them their miserable fate as in the end traitors die of shame. They can't wash it off. Once you turn on your own country you become a nothing. An empty thing that haunts you till the end. You'll forever find some conspiracy to fill that black hole with. But when you die, your last thought will be of the shame you feel for what you done and if a hell does exist then there should be a special deeper part of it for traitors that would hate and attack their own country and their own people.
China is in trouble because they shut down so hard that their people didn't catch the coof when it was at its weakest form. Most Americans have already had it twice... The vaxed have probably already had it 4 times.

Blissful ignorance. Impossible to attain for some. Impossible to escape for others.

You have about a 99%+ chance of being just fine without that shot.

But there’s mounting evidence that with that shot, you may face some elevated health risks.

I realize it’s hard to accept and I don’t blame anybody who is struggling to accept this.

Here’s a question: for those of y’all who took the shots to save your grandma/FIL/neighbor/humanity (sorry if I missed any)…..why all the sudden did you stop taking the boosters?
because all of the people they were trying to save already died from Covid?

Does anyone here actually know someone that has died or become seriously ill because of receiving the vaccine, or is it all the same second hand stories that you read on social media? I personally know 10 people that died of Covid prior to the vaccine being available. They were all old contemporaries of mine (I'm 86). I know of no one that has died of Covid once we (the old people) were allowed to get the vaccine. So in my mind, it is/was a great thing.

Does anyone here actually know someone that has died or become seriously ill because of receiving the vaccine, or is it all the same second hand stories that you read on social media? I personally know 10 people that died of Covid prior to the vaccine being available. They were all old contemporaries of mine (I'm 86). I know of no one that has died of Covid once we (the old people) were allowed to get the vaccine. So in my mind, it is/was a great thing.
My wife's best friend spent several days in the hospital with Pericarditis after receiving Pfizer jab #1. She would have died if not for immediate medical care.

A friend of mine's moonbat wife was diagnosed with Pancreatitis after her jabs and still suffers with it.

Two things for me.
First, when the guy that initiated testing on the vaccine years ago and had significant data to prove not just his history with it but also the side effects and potential impacts says it isn't safe for everything and has to be seriously considered before you take, I listen.
Second, I had just had COVID when the vaccine was released and it didn't negatively impact my health in any respect outside of a 2 day stuffy nose. I was told by my physician and our friend/pharmacist that it's better to wait around 90 days since I already had antibodies and they weren't sure if the vaccine wouldn't make me feel worse at that point. My Dad who was 82 got the vaccine and had a stroke within a week. I questioned his Dr's about potential vaccine side effects and got the typical, it's probably something with him. They sent him home and several months later he has a booster and has a second stroke within a week. They finally do a full body angiogram and find absolutely zero plaque or abnormalities anywhere in his body that could lead to stroke. Their solution, stay on blood thinners.

Now if he is having strokes after the shot and booster, his health is perfect otherwise (and since then) and the guy that helped invent the method used for the vaccine and warned that exactly what happened would happen then why the hell would I want a shot when even the first version didn't impact me in he least? And don't say to save others because that's been disproven as well. I 100% feel like I am better equipped to handle COVID than those that get the vaccine at this point. My use of a religion exemption would have been based on use of aborted embryo's to build the vaccine, but honestly would have been just to not have to take it if I had ever been forced one way or another.

Sorry to hear about your dad. I pray and hope that he's doing better.

Last edited:

Re- losing 10 people to covid. Very sorry for your loss. Lost a family friend to covid.

Re-shots
-Neighbor's brother died within 8 hours of receiving the shot.

-Family member was diagnosed with leukemia within days of the 2nd dose. No family history of cancer or leukemia. Gone a year later due to leuk. and massive bleeding and clotting issues. Had covid 2x during treatment.

-Someone I know who administered the shots saw a lot of AEs and lost 2 family members within days after they got the shots.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your dad. I pay and hope that he's doing better.
Appreciate it. He has to stay on blood thinners because that's the only way to ensure he doesn't have another stroke (since they really don't know or won't admit what caused it). But otherwise he's doing well. Some light cognitive damage but at least I still have him around. Thanks for the thought.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT