ADVERTISEMENT

“We ran outta time”

Actually, after a comment like that I'd say McKillop might have a fault with his watch.
Yea...that was a small-minded comment on his part. The 3's they hit the last minute were uncontested because we didn't want to stop the clock with fouls.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
He should know everyone gets the same amount of time and it runs out on everyone equally. Maybe he’s too stupid to manage it.

A college game is 40 minutes unless the score is tied after regulation and if it is you play 5 minute overtimes until someone wins. That is the time element.

A man sitting in the electric chair has run out of time.

Yea...that was a small-minded comment on his part. The 3's they hit the last minute were uncontested because we didn't want to stop the clock with fouls.

Clearly you didn't watch the game if you thought Cal's strategy in the last minute or two was NOT to foul Davidson...[winking]

Reactions: uky8unc5
I don’t think McKillop meant any disrespect to UK whatsoever.

I am old enough to remember the late 60s up to 1970 when Davidson with an enrollment of 1000 men were a top 10 program. Lefty Drissell was their coach before he left to go to Maryland to make it the UCLA of the East.

Mike Malloy was their star. He, Charlie Scott of North Carolina Chapel Hill (Dean E. Smith had not yet implemented his academic fraud Carolina Way program) and UK’s Mike Casey were on the SI cover together.

Davidson is now co-ed with 1400 students. It is still a fabulous college that has now stepped up to the Atlantic 10. Frankly I am sorry they left the Southern.

They are a class basketball program. UK beat a very good program and coach last night. Cal had a great game plan. I am glad we won and are moving on. Hope nothing but the best for McKillop, Davidson College, and their basketball program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT