ADVERTISEMENT

“We ran outta time”

Eh. I liked him but that's a dumb comment when Bill Self said it and a dumb comment now.

They trailed the whole game. If the game went 80 or 120 minutes it is likely the same.

The only time this is relevant is if you win the second half convincingly and fall short or if you lead the whole game and let a late run in the final minutes beat you by a bucket or 2

Every game, one team runs out of time. It was an 11 point lead till they hit a couple meaningless 3’s.

Reactions: UKSanders
Ahhh whats the big deal. He is a good coach and thats just coach speak. I admire him because of his loyalty to the program. He has been there a long time.

Reactions: uky8unc5

Saw it on cbs sports network. It was in his postgame conference. I mean they evened out the game for a min there but he went on about how it was only a two possession game and they ran out of time. He sounded like a fool. Felt like he was slighting U.K.

He was dancing??? Looked creepy???? !!!!

wasn't CTC was it???

ps - pls tell me i didnt read that crean was going to coach an SEC team? oh GOD help us (me)

I think General Custer claimed the same thing at Little Big Horn. Technically I guess you can say it's true though. All teams that lose run out of time.

Reactions: ukdaven
Almost posted this before the game yesterday. Have seen McKillop/Davidson several times over the years against power 5 opponents and the script has been pretty much the same.

They hang in many times down to the stretch when the talent disparity finally comes to the fore and they wind up with a loss.

Yesterday was no different. In the end they're just not quite good enough against big time opponents.

Davidson coach said this.

I thought this guy was supposed to be a good coach? Listening to his post game remarks he sounded like a delusional idiot.

How does he know what more time would have gotten him, Kentucky may have maintained a five point lead for ten more minutes or started hitting threes. When we needed a stop or score we got it. I'd say they were fortunate to hit some of the threes they shot from thirty feet.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
I think he ran out of strategy. But if some of shots went in....Yada yada

Nice job Davidson. Maybe you’ll get to the dance again next year.

Who’s to say if the game had have been 10 minutes longer UK might have won by 15 points or more?

Maybe someone should tell them the games are 20 minutes a half and there are two halfs. 20 + 20 = 40 minutes. I'm no mathematician, but it is not that difficult. I'm starting to question the math courses at Kansas and that team we beat yesterday. Davidson I believe ( sarcasm ). Maybe they have the same classes as UNC.

He reminded me a little bit of this guy...

giphy.gif

Kansas fan here.

It was stupid when Bill said it, and stupid now.

Said it here before but still true: we could STILL be playing that game and Kentucky would still be up. You were the better team, but we gave you a heck of a game!

Reactions: CatfanMike47
So what? UK "ran out of time" against Dook in '92. We "ran out of time" against Wisconsin, UConn (twice) and every other team we've lost to over the years. That's why the rules mandate a clock.

ADVERTISEMENT