ADVERTISEMENT

“This team was special”

CatsnRoses

Senior
May 13, 2007
seen this several places tonight and just want to point out this team accomplished exactly nothing.

This was a terrible season. 10 losses, didn’t win the SEC regular season or even a game in the SECT. Several humiliating home losses and then knocked out in the first round of the NCAAT.

Only thing special about this team was the level to which they underachieved.

No this team actually was special. Talent wise one of the most talented in our history and probably the most talent in the country. The things they could do, nobody else can. Problem is the 260lbs anchor around their neck that ruined the season just like it has so many others.

We will NEVER see the level of shooting and scoring at UK like we saw this year.

This was an alltime fail job.

i’ll tell you what was special was edward’s getting blocked by the rim that was pretty special
For the 3rd or 4th time this year. That, the missed lob to Z, and Reed throwing a terrible pass out of bounds to Reeves. I believe each happened after a score and a stop.

Seemws like every game we lost this year we made good comebacks but then once we got close we could never string together consecutive positive plays.

Seems like a good kid, I feel badly for him.

With a Dumb MF at coach...

XyWfc5Y.png

For the 3rd or 4th time this year. That, the missed lob to Z, and Reed throwing a terrible pass out of bounds to Reeves. I believe each happened after a score and a stop.

Seemws like every game we lost this year we made good comebacks but then once we got close we could never string together consecutive positive plays.

Seems like a good kid, I feel badly for him.
This loss wasn’t on Reed

seen this several places tonight and just want to point out this team accomplished exactly nothing.

This was a terrible season. 10 losses, didn’t win the SEC regular season or even a game in the SECT. Several humiliating home losses and then knocked out in the first round of the NCAAT.

I agree. This "special" BS and sucking off Reed Sheppard because he was sad he played like dog crap is odd. This is Kentucky. They didn't win a damn thing. Not one thing. They pissed away games. Never defended. I like Reed. He's a talented guy and seems like a great kid. That said-don't give me the hurt for him facing "Dejection" after that was what was put on the court. Can't suck that bad and then feel awful. Own it. You sucked. Your team sucked. Didn't accomplish one thing worthwhile and decide what you want to do from here.

Nobody is safe when things need to be overhauled and there was NOTHING SPECIAL about this group. Not one thing. Maybe Bradshaw entered the Portal already since that news was so important to get out before they took the court.

Not entirely no, but he flubbed plays he made 90%+ of the time throughout the year. You expect one of your best players to be able to make those kind of routine passes.
Down 4--why wasn't the ball given to Dillingham so he could get up and attack rim fast--Reed was trotting up the court like he forgot to wipe and threw some BS shot up. WTF?? I'd not even had him in the game way he played.

I agree. This "special" BS and sucking off Reed Sheppard because he was sad he played like dog crap is odd. This is Kentucky. They didn't win a damn thing. Not one thing. They pissed away games. Never defended. I like Reed. He's a talented guy and seems like a great kid. That said-don't give me the hurt for him facing "Dejection" after that was what was put on the court. Can't suck that bad and then feel awful. Own it. You sucked. Your team sucked. Didn't accomplish one thing worthwhile and decide what you want to do from here.

Nobody is safe when things need to be overhauled and there was NOTHING SPECIAL about this group. Not one thing. Maybe Bradshaw entered the Portal already since that news was so important to get out before they took the court.
Looking forward to Bradshaw's appearance on TNT....on who he play for. After he puts up 6 and 4 at USC next year.

No this team actually was special. Talent wise one of the most talented in our history and probably the most talent in the country. The things they could do, nobody else can. Problem is the 260lbs anchor around their neck that ruined the season just like it has so many others.

We will NEVER see the level of shooting and scoring at UK like we saw this year.

This was an alltime fail job.
Talented yet young guards but some of the worst bigs in our history.

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone

Their offense was special. Their defense, however, was, well... "special."

I think what made this team special in the eyes of a lot of folks is these were great kids and teammates . Two top 10 kids possibly in the draft but the draft is pretty weak though
I'd be trading my picks if this team had 2 top 5/10 players. Good lord. Fun to watch and accomplishing things are far different. At the end of day--Cal rode Tre "Round of 64" Mitchell at PF as the big change.

As the great Pat Healey in Something About Mary is quoted "Special My Ass".

Down 4--why wasn't the ball given to Dillingham so he could get up and attack rim fast--Reed was trotting up the court like he forgot to wipe and threw some BS shot up. WTF?? I'd not even had him in the game way he played.
Agree. Was wondering why Reed was trotting up the court. In the NCAAT down 4 with 30 to go. Then Edwards got the ball for the shot LOL. Just walked away after that.

It is special alright. It is one of the most mentally fragile teams in the history of UK basketball. It also has some of the most overrated players in the history of the program. I can't believe that DJ was once the number 1 player for his class, Bradshaw was a 5-star player, and Edwards was ever a top 50 player. I am sure that Bradshaw's ranking came because he is a mobile big with a single digit basketball IQ.

Last edited:
This team was NOT special, at least not be any standards UK fans USED to judge its teams by.. First team to lose in Rupp 3 times in a row,flame out in first round of SEC and NCAA tourney. Worst defensive team in 40 years. What's special about that!!

This team was NOT special, at least not be any standards UK fans USED to judge its teams by.. First team to lose in Rupp 3 times in a row,flame out in first round of SEC and NCAA tourney. Worst defensive team in 40 years. What's special about that!!
That comment should tell you how far UK has fallen. This team would be up there with the 2013 Noel team if this was still UK basketball. Special teams are 2012, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2017. Not this BS 23-10, 1st round loss NO SECT No regular season title shit. Just goes to show how bad UK has been since 2019. Awful teams every year.

I'd be trading my picks if this team had 2 top 5/10 players. Good lord. Fun to watch and accomplishing things are far different. At the end of day--Cal rode Tre "Round of 64" Mitchell at PF as the big change.

As the great Pat Healey in Something About Mary is quoted "Special My Ass".
I agree with what you’re saying but to be fair the coach also mismanaged those two top 10 players .

Cal never adjusted to Reed and Rob being the best freshman on this team . He truly didn’t adjust to Wagner and Edwards not being the alpha production wise .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT