ADVERTISEMENT

“This is the best shooting team I’ve ever been a part of”

Cal always says its about the kids, but after 2012, it wasn't about the kids, it was about him and creating this legacy.

He didn't see it as the Kentucky program, it was HIS program, and apparently he surrounded himself with people who let him think that.

As far as I'm concerned whatever he did here is tarnished by his ego and his faux humility. Maybe 10 years from now people will look back, bring him back and allow him to have a speech where he talks about all the great things he did here and then ultimately turn it into a plea for his statue next to Rupp and sainthood in the Catholic church. But for now, I don't want to hear a peep out of the guy for a long time.

Pope is built differently, and lets be honest - its why he got the job. Barnhart has a history of hiring the replacement to address the most glaring weakness of his predecessor.

The glaring differences are obvious - and intentional.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: NociHTTP
Cal always says its about the kids, but after 2012, it wasn't about the kids, it was about him and creating this legacy.

He didn't see it as the Kentucky program, it was HIS program, and apparently he surrounded himself with people who let him think that.

As far as I'm concerned whatever he did here is tarnished by his ego and his faux humility. Maybe 10 years from now people will look back, bring him back and allow him to have a speech where he talks about all the great things he did here and then ultimately turn it into a plea for his statue next to Rupp and sainthood in the Catholic church. But for now, I don't want to hear a peep out of the guy for a long time.

Pope is built differently, and lets be honest - its why he got the job. Barnhart has a history of hiring the replacement to address the most glaring weakness of his predecessor.

The glaring differences are obvious - and intentional.
Excellent, excellent post!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT