ADVERTISEMENT

“Rent is Due” - Cal

I only mentioned it because it happens ALL THE TIME where athletes are affected mentally by an injury. It can cause them to hold back, withdraw from contact, etc. How many times have we seen in baseball, for example, where a player develops the "yips"? Suddenly they can't slide into a base, they can't throw it from home plate to first, they can't crowd the plate, etc. A lot more goes into physical rehabbing than just the physical part of it. Some never recover.

I think POY might have had a little issue with this when he first came back from his injury. I could be wrong, I've been wrong before.

Reactions: ScrooDook92
Back in 2012, Kyle Wiltjer from February on basically would come in, take open threes, usually make them, and that was it. Averaged about ten minutes (more against chump teams, less against elite teams), and basically just took open three pointers.

In 1998, Cameron Mills averaged 12 minutes a game down the stretch, and just took open three pointers.

Dontaie Allen can be that guy. We have to figure out how to put 70 points on the board in March. We’ve got 4 that can get us to 60 consistently. If some can step up and put 3-6 more points on the board, that’s huge.

Reactions: ScrooDook92
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT