ADVERTISEMENT

What's going on in Bardstown

I had inside edition on background yesterday and they discussed the revelations in the case - I guess Nancy grace interviewed the houck guy years ago and “knew” he was a liar but I guess now that evidence is coming together justice will be served. 10 million dollar bond and lawyer is trying to get it reduced to 5 million.

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
I had inside edition on background yesterday and they discussed the revelations in the case - I guess Nancy grace interviewed the houck guy years ago and “knew” he was a liar but I guess now that evidence is coming together justice will be served. 10 million dollar bond and lawyer is trying to get it reduced to 5 million.
Attorney was trying to get to $500k.

500K was 10% with an ankle bracelet as he claims to not be a flight risk.

If the judge is smart, clearly he/she is as it wasn’t granted, they won’t take the bait because if he is in jail while his brother and or family are out in the world doing who knows what to collude and try their best to work together on a story or cleaning anything else up it’s too hard to all be on the same page.

I just wonder how they kept that little meth head looking dude from talking all these years until now.

Reactions: 80 Proof

If the judge is smart, clearly he/she is as it wasn’t granted, they won’t take the bait because if he is in jail while his brother and or family are out in the world doing who knows what to collude and try their best to work together on a story or cleaning anything else up it’s too hard to all be on the same page.

I just wonder how they kept that little meth head looking dude from talking all these years until now.
Yup I figured the 500k was the 10% deal.

Pretty much, him and the daughter. Younger daughter ratted them out on something and started a big controversy between the Mom and older daughter. Obviously someone was way more than just there to commit a murder, they were there to inflict extensive pain. Horrible situation regardless of who did it.
They were good people, the Netherland family. Coincidently, I went to church with them in Lexington, where I grew up, and both of our families moved to Bardstown close to the same time late 90's early 2000's. It still doesn't seem real. The belief is it was someone close to the family ....

Reactions: 8titles
A lot of people think they are related.

Brooks(crystals boyfriend) brother is a cop and theories think him and his brother were running drugs. Ellis figured out so they killed him/ordered a hit.

There is also crystals dad who was killed a year after her death in a hunting accident where he was randomly shot in a field. This one is also heavily believed to be connected to her death.
It wasn't a "Hunting Accident" it was a hit. He was going back to get something from his truck and was shot. he was in an open field.

Allegedly, the first guy they arrested is connected through his father, who has been known to work for the Houcks on various projects. The Houcks own a lot of properties in the area, rental homes, farms etc, so the theory makes sense. FWIW I'm in Bardstown and I've heard this from numerous people.

Nothing to really add here, but I still can’t believe Nancy Grace has a vagina.

Okay, great..... Can someone give the Cliff Notes version on "who, what, where, when, and why".... To connect all of these dots...

This stream is 13 pages.... and I can't remember !
Gonna make a great mini-series some day.

Probably kept him fully supplied.

Trial date has been set for Brooks Houck and the two Lawsons for Feb 10, 2025. Unreal they are going to drag it out another year.

I have forgotten all the details of this case since I'm not from that area and don't want to read 14 pages to get all the details. Maybe someone can refresh my memory, is Brooks the boyfriend and they think he also killed her dad or am I thinking of something else?

Last edited:
It probably will drag out some. Was interesting that Ellis and Tommy's name were mentioned at the pre trial yesterday. Hopefully they have enough to piece these other cases together.

I have forgotten all the details of this case since I'm not from that area and don't want to read 14 pages to get all the details. Maybe someone can refresh my memory, is Brooks the boyfriend and they think he also killer her dad or am I thinking of something else?
That is correct.

Reactions: Creed Bratton
Worked with a dude a few years ago that said a lot of Bardstown folks are kind of fearful to talk about all those murders out in a public setting. Really strange. Bardstown right down the road from me. It's an awesome town but it's hard to believe all those cases aren't related somehow. Coincidence? Maybe.

Worked with a dude a few years ago that said a lot of Bardstown folks are kind of fearful to talk about all those murders out in a public setting. Really strange. Bardstown right down the road from me. It's an awesome town but it's hard to believe all those cases aren't related somehow. Coincidence? Maybe.
Agree. Pretty eerie.

Reactions: trueblujr2
Ellis, Crystal, and Tommy murders are all connected and Brooks brother Nick was involved as well. They are waiting for forensic evidence on the gun that killed Tommy Ballard to be complete before they arrest him as well

I still don’t understand why these morons didn’t move. They had years, could’ve said, “well it’s not good for me to be here anymore I’m going to leave and let people have their peace or whatever.”

Last edited:
Reactions: FltDoc
Ellis, Crystal, and Tommy murders are all connected and Brooks brother Nick was involved as well. They are waiting for forensic evidence on the gun that killed Tommy Ballard to be complete before they arrest him as well
Don't forget the home invasion and murders of that Mother and Daughter. Happened around that time as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT