ADVERTISEMENT

False Alarms on Active Shooters at Kentucky High Schools

Perrin75

Junior
Aug 9, 2001
This may lead to some discussion later, but for now I thought I would start with just some information. My daughter was caught up in a lockdown at her high school because of an Active Shooter threat. As her school is going through this, we are receiving information from the Police that multiple false threats are being called in at multiple high schools in the state right now. If you have a child or family member at one at school today, be aware that there may be an incident. Since there is no way of knowing the false from the real threats they are all being treated as Active. I am still coming down from the anxiety of having my daughter sends me pictures of SWAT teams in the courtyard of her high school, and I hope no one else has to deal with a worse situation than that image today.

Our kids went through a number of fake fire alarms. A group of kids, iirc.

Don’t remember if there were prosecutions or not.

They did it for grins, I think.

A couple of years ago, Kentucky passed legislation to make this sort of false alarm a felony with at least a year of mandatory jail time. It is my hope that someone is caught and put in prison. A clear message that this will not be tolerated and that it brings severe consequences will hopefully stop it before it starts.

According to the message we received from JCPS, there were three schools in Louisville, one in Lexington, one in Northern Kentucky and then a couple in Indiana and Ohio that went through this exact same thing at roughly the same time. It appears to be a coordinated effort, but for what purpose, who knows.

No offense, but this was not pulling fire alarm. 911 received frantic calls from people claiming to be students who had been shot by an unknown gunman while they were at school and that they were bleeding out. A pulled fire alarm brings a fire truck, this brought every major police and rescue asset in the city.

Also, the blue - red idiocy is at the root of why this nonsense keeps escalating. No parent is ever going to feel better about their child getting shot because they agree with the politics of the shooter.

Both sides hold up the founding fathers as being wiser. Well, if that is the case, then the one thing they specifically warned about is political parties. If you want to do something to start making this country better, start by banning political parties. To quote George Washington from his farewell address:

“The common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it.”

I haven’t heard this. Makes one wonder if bad people are probing. But it would seem to be a sure-fire way to get caught

My daughter was there. I am interested to know whether these were called in by a local cell phone or VOIP. Hoping to get details soon. This sort of thing will be easier and easier to do with AI.

I haven’t heard this. Makes one wonder if bad people are probing. But it would seem to be a sure-fire way to get caught
I think there are three things that could be happening:

1) Dip shit kids being dicks (but why so many schools)
2) Foreign adversary trying to cause fear (but why pick this region)
3) Terrorist group probing (least likely imo, but why tip your hand? And also, if you are a terrorist group killing kids is a sure fire way of having your people blown to f’ing bits).

Did any of you have bomb threats at your school in the early 80s? They would come in waves, like several in a week, then nothing.

Everything would stop and the whole school would hangout outside until the all clear. They really just gave lip service to the search. We never were outside more than half of a period.

It happened at my wife's school around 2010. The whole school would exit to the football field and they would miss an afternoon of classes.

The threats were always called in on good weather days.

Did any of you have bomb threats at your school in the early 80s? They would come in waves, like several in a week, then nothing.

Everything would stop and the whole school would hangout outside until the all clear. They really just gave lip service to the search. We never were outside more than half of a period.

It happened at my wife's school around 2010. The whole school would exit to the football field and they would miss an afternoon of classes.

The threats were always called in on good weather days.
I thought about this, but there hadn’t been a bomb blowing up a school since the 1920’s. There has been a significant uptick in school shootings lately, so you can understand why people are scared.

Last edited:
We had bomb threats on a near daily basis at Jessamine County High circa 1996. They finally caught the jackass doing it. Just a redneck who liked getting his buddies out of class.

That seemed funny before Columbine.

Reactions: BigBlueDave
there was a guy in my school that had something shiny in his pocket and it got reported he had a gun. It was a metal comb that was sorta like a switchblade. Luckily the only thing that happened was he got pulled out of class for about a minute

We had bomb threats on a near daily basis at Jessamine County High circa 1996. They finally caught the jackass doing it. Just a redneck who liked getting his buddies out of class.

That seemed funny before Columbine.

Similar with me. Also in the 90s.

Our genius was caught after the third threat. He was making threats … from a payphone in the cafeteria. He ended up getting expelled and prosecuted.

Similar situation. Redneck idiot who thought it was funny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT