ADVERTISEMENT

What's going on in Bardstown

I have always heard that the Ellis and Rodgers murders were connected but the teacher and daughter were not.
Ellis, Rodgers and her dad are all connected. Surprised her mom wasn't murdered at some point as well since she kept everything in the news just like the father had.

Teacher and daughter are not.

IMO

Reactions: parrott
Ellis, Rodgers and her dad are all connected. Surprised her mom wasn't murdered at some point as well since she kept everything in the news just like the father had.

Teacher and daughter are not.

IMO
Supposedly the teacher and daughter murders were part of a gang initiation.

Supposedly the teacher and daughter murders were part of a gang initiation.
Actually I had heard it was someone very close to the family. With the extent of the damage done to the daughter it would make sense, to me at least.

Consider me incredibly dubious on that.
I am too. I went down the rabbit hole with the arrest of Houck last night. When Oxygen did their docuseries on Crystal Rogers, they had an anonymous inmate interviewed who had information about the mother/daughter murders and claimed they were part of a gang initiation and that a cell phone jammer was used to prevent them from being able to call for help.

I have always heard that the Ellis and Rodgers murders were connected but the teacher and daughter were not.
Yeah I believe there was a very loose connection with the teacher and daughter so likely not as believable that their murder was related.

The odds of people being randomly murdered that have connection to that case has to be very slim.

Otherwise it’s the worst luck in Kentucky.

I am too. I went down the rabbit hole with the arrest of Houck last night. When Oxygen did their docuseries on Crystal Rogers, they had an anonymous inmate interviewed who had information about the mother/daughter murders and claimed they were part of a gang initiation and that a cell phone jammer was used to prevent them from being able to call for help.
Not saying anything about you but inmate claims tend to be very unreliable. Could be trying to get out early, could be trying to get revenge on someone, could be so many reasons besides they just want to tell the truth.

It blows my mind this thread started 8 years ago and there are still unsolved police and civilian murders in small town Bardstown.

Hard to hide and I can’t believe none of these dudes left town. You could’ve waited a few years and then said it’s hard to live here everyone thinking I did this so I’m starting fresh in Arizona or something.

I definitely wouldn’t have stuck around this long.

Not saying anything about you but inmate claims tend to be very unreliable. Could be trying to get out early, could be trying to get revenge on someone, could be so many reasons besides they just want to tell the truth.

It blows my mind this thread started 8 years ago and there are still unsolved police and civilian murders in small town Bardstown.

Hard to hide and I can’t believe none of these dudes left town. You could’ve waited a few years and then said it’s hard to live here everyone thinking I did this so I’m starting fresh in Arizona or something.

I definitely wouldn’t have stuck around this long.
The Delphi thread was 4 or 5 years and that guy stuck around town as well.

They must like hearing and being around it. I can’t imagine not just saying “it’s too tough to live here anymore, I need to move. It’s tough getting the side eye everywhere I go.”

They must like hearing and being around it. I can’t imagine not just saying “it’s too tough to live here anymore, I need to move. It’s tough getting the side eye everywhere I go.”
The constant stares and whispers should be enough to make anyone say I have to go. I guess some weirdos enjoy it.

Once stopped at Bardstown McDonalds on way to UK basketball game when a kid.

Reading this thread makes me feel fortunate to have left Bardstown alive.

Reactions: 80 Proof

Cell phone jammer? What gang were they part of? MI6?

Depends? They haven’t even cracked and blatantly killed the dad in broad ass daylight standing next to his grandson on a hunting trip in the woods by themselves, IIRC.

The dude is a psycho and sociopath!

Well I’m just saying you’re usually not able to kill people and go to sleep at night, ask any soldier that isn’t one unless you are one of those, odd to become one at his age.

Maybe always was or he’s just trying to keep himself out of prison. But if you’re just trying to stay out of prison, he probably hasn’t slept well in years, 8 specifically.

Reactions: cat_chaser
At one point the teachers extended family didn’t believe that. They felt it was someone very close to them.

It took me all of 30 seconds to find them for sale online so probably not.
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

I had heard that it was the her other daughters boyfriend who did it.
Pretty much, him and the daughter. Younger daughter ratted them out on something and started a big controversy between the Mom and older daughter. Obviously someone was way more than just there to commit a murder, they were there to inflict extensive pain. Horrible situation regardless of who did it.

Looks like they have the gun that killed Mr. Ballard
And that the police say they purchased it from Houck's brother. (He could not have been that stupid, could he? If the brother knowingly had the murder weapon, you would think he would have disposed of it years ago.).

As interesting from the story --> multiple members of the Houck family are accused of secretly recording the grand jury presentation "to get their stories straight". If that can be proven, that could potentially implicate each one on conspiracy charges, possibly even complicity to murder.

This thing is getting ready to get WILD.

Last edited:
Reactions: 80 Proof
Curious as to how the Houke family would
1) know who is on the Grand Jury--unless someone in the Clerk's office is helping them---which would support the notion the venue of this trial should be moved
2)How the Houke's approached those parties and convinced them to record the testimony---which is oddly supposed to be recorded under Ky law any way
3) "Getting their stories straight" angle would seem odd---it is pretty rare for any defense witness to participate in GJ proceedings
4)If the Houke family was preparing for trial testimony---this would be a pretty stupid way to do it---adding more potential witnesses to "out" the nefarious dealings of the family
5)What was the significance of the recording device and its prior use-----I missed the correlation there?

5) I think he showed his sister how to use it many years ago in anticipation for this day he knew would come.

2)How the Houke's approached those parties and convinced them to record the testimony---which is oddly supposed to be recorded under Ky law any way
3) "Getting their stories straight" angle would seem odd---it is pretty rare for any defense witness to participate in GJ proceedings
Agreed. It would be an incredibly dumb thing to do with almost no upside, but then again so is murder.

I could see how people who don't know the justice system could think it would give them some kind of advantage. It could also be part of general strategy of surveilling local authorities -- which seems pretty probable.

If I were the prosecutor, I'd see if the FBI had some sort of mobile SCIF they could loan me.

If the brother sold the gun that killed the father to an undercover would t he be arrested by now too?

At the minimum it makes him complicit.

Okay, great..... Can someone give the Cliff Notes version on "who, what, where, when, and why".... To connect all of these dots...

This stream is 13 pages.... and I can't remember !

Reactions: FltDoc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT