ADVERTISEMENT

What's going on in Bardstown

This will get interesting. A lot of people believe her murder is related to many other unsolved murder in the area. Including the cop that was ambushed.

So the word around Bardstown about this guy is this. A guy by the name of Stephen Lawson has worked for Brooks Houck for sometime, this guy is his son.
If you go back and look at the police interviews of Houck, they asked him why this guy ( Stephen Lawson)called him at like midnight that night. Houck said it was a business related question.

Reactions: BankerCat12
Eddy Murphy Popcorn GIF

Reactions: 80 Proof
Just saw that. It’s about damn time. All is about to unravel.
I sure hope so!

Charges are still sealed. Wondering if that kid they arrested the other week gave them just enough to charge him with something, or he fully spilled the beans.

We have a friend who is from bardstown. She said the rumors going around the town are the kid was to get rid of her car. But it broke down on the way to do that, hence why they found it abandoned on the parkway. He would not give up who killed her at the time. But told cops whoever killed her fed her remains to pigs, so they would never find any of her…..Brooks family owns a pig farm….

Read the article and timeline but wasn't there someone gunned down on an exit ramp related to all this?
Not sure if related. But officer Ellis was ambushed going home from work late one night. Professional hit. Think it’s the only unsolved police murders in the US. Or close to it.

Read the article and timeline but wasn't there someone gunned down on an exit ramp related to all this?
A lot of people think they are related.

Brooks(crystals boyfriend) brother is a cop and theories think him and his brother were running drugs. Ellis figured out so they killed him/ordered a hit.

There is also crystals dad who was killed a year after her death in a hunting accident where he was randomly shot in a field. This one is also heavily believed to be connected to her death.

Brooks(crystals boyfriend) brother is a cop and theories think him and his brother were running drugs. Ellis figured out so they killed him/ordered a hit.

There is also crystals dad who was killed a year after her death in a hunting accident where he was randomly shot in a field. This one is also heavily believed to be connected to her death.
There was also the teacher and daughter that were murdered around the same time.

Wasn’t it a teacher and her daughter? I think this murder was the least likely to be connected to her.
It was. I just updated my post. Meant to add daughter. At one point, I thought authorities found a connection to the mother daughter and Jason Ellis. Maybe I’m misremembering that.

Reactions: DanCat17
It was. I just updated my post. Meant to add daughter. At one point, I thought authorities found a connection to the mother daughter and Jason Ellis. Maybe I’m misremembering that.
Very well could be. I can’t fully remember that case as well as the others.

Yeah I say her dad was getting to close to finding stuff out so Brooks and his brother murdered him too

If you have not yet, listen to the Bardstown podcast by Shay Mcallister. It will give you some background info on the 4 cases there.

So per friend who lives in Bardstown he has been charged with murder. We shall see

Serious question not to deter but Illinois has no cash bail so could he just walk in that instance?

So do we think this goes to trial or he takes a deal before that happens? Surely would be a big time trial like the Murdaugh one.

So do we think this goes to trial or he takes a deal before that happens? Surely would be a big time trial like the Murdaugh one.
I suspect they will pursue the death penalty if they have the evidence to convict. If the authorities think he was involved in the officer's murder but are gonna have a hard time proving it, they might accept a plea deal to life if he coughs up info on that or other murders.

FBI doesn’t usually charge in cases like this if they don’t have evidence to back up the charge. They must have something fairly solid to charge him with murder.

Reactions: jameslee32
FBI doesn’t usually charge in cases like this if they don’t have evidence to back up the charge. They must have something fairly solid to charge him with murder.
The FBI didn't charge him. He's arrested on state court charges.

That does not, however, mean that the FBI does not have the evidence to charge him with a federal crime -- just that they have not done so at this time.

Had to know this was coming after the arrest a few days ago. Had to know that was to get info.

My only question is why wait so long to make that play? Is it because they're afraid of waiting much longer and this is the best chance they'll have at a conviction? That's all I can figure

Reactions: downw/ball-lineD
The FBI didn't charge him. He's arrested on state court charges.

That does not, however, mean that the FBI does not have the evidence to charge him with a federal crime -- just that they have not done so at this time.
True. I worded it poorly. The FBI did take over the investigation though so those charges came from information that at best was a joint investigation between FBI and the State. Even in those situations, charges aren’t filed without substantial evidence supporting the charges.

Reactions: Hank Camacho
I will be interested to see when/if his brother gets indicted or if he was more of a “consultant” that they will have trouble pinning any of the major crimes on. I believe they proved with video he was at the farm that night so he should get something out of it I would think, but figured he would have been arrested at the same time as BH.

Since everyone is talking rumors from small town wasn’t the original idea that the Houcks were shady and Jason Ellis may have found something out about them. Therefore he was ambushed and Crystal disappeared because she may have found out?

I’m not suggesting that’s accurate at all, just asking if that’s what the thinking is?

Reactions: DanCat17
Since everyone is talking rumors from small town wasn’t the original idea that the Houcks were shady and Jason Ellis may have found something out about them. Therefore he was ambushed and Crystal disappeared because she may have found out?

I’m not suggesting that’s accurate at all, just asking if that’s what the thinking is?
Yes, that is the theory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT