ADVERTISEMENT

What topic when it comes up makes you roll your eyes??

Anything related to Unc's violations. Some people have way too much invested in their downfall.

Example number 12,367...

Our fans constantly go overboard trying to qualify and diminish our coach's historic accomplishments.

And it isn't like most do it in an academic way. There is clearly a great deal of unwarranted hate (as well as Hall of Fame levels of arrogance).

I don't think he is trying to diminish Calipari. We did take the air out of the ball against KU, and it almost cost the game. Did the same thing against Wisconsin and we all saw the results.

Doesn't mean we don't love Calipari,just pointing out the obvious.

I don't think he is trying to diminish Calipari. We did take the air out of the ball against KU, and it almost cost the game. Did the same thing against Wisconsin and we all saw the results.

Wonder why it makes me roll my eyes? Can't just enjoy our first championship in 14 years. A solid core of fans has to complain about HOW we won it.

And it goes on, and on, and on, and on, and on

Anything related to Unc's violations. Some people have way too much invested in their downfall.

Some people are not concerned about decades of cheating which effected every school they played, including us, and just about every NCAA tournament.

Don't forget the "Carolina Way" we have all endured.

And the continuous posts by UNC fans here to perpetuate their denial, lying, cheating ways.

Those that do not realize what a major story this is, and why it should be discussed on a board like this do not have enough invested in the game itself.

Reactions: .S&C. and Aike

Wonder why it makes me roll my eyes? Can't just enjoy our first championship in 14 years. A solid core of fans has to complain about HOW we won it.

And it goes on, and on, and on, and on, and on

Trust me, I waited on that title and put up with my peeps trashing my team for a decade. I respect and was extremely ready for that ship. I get what you're saying, and somewhat agree actually. I think you're missing the point though and lumping any conversation about cal into a "haters" category.

I've always believed calipari has the ability to be the BEST coach of the era and a top 7 coach historically. I know people want to take the bar (that cal placed) and pull it down to an easily obtained level for himself, but still, I'm not going to base Cals potential on the shortcomings of tubby smith and Gillispie. Cal is way, way better than just saying "well he got one". Personally, I believe he's going to win 2 or 3 before he's done, which will cement him in the top tier.

I get the haters have moved the goal posts in saying "he will never win one" to "blah blah". But that's the HATERS. I never moved a goal post man. I've followed his career since umass and especially since Memphis. I know cal is better than even what we are seeing. No one wants to admit it, but we are a few upperclassman and maybe some late game coaching away from 3 championships. Maybe that shouldn't irk some of us but it does. I do not want Duke taking Cals history and revolutionary methods and they ARE. listen to the media, Duke is now being called OAD U and the place for the diaper dandies And it's going to get worse.

We need more upperclassmen shooters to offset our lanky young athletes. K figured that out quickly, and he's already winning big with it. We should do the same. These are just my feelings on some things. No hating.

Last edited:

When I talk to people in Lexington about these very things you do not encounter this hostility. It's only on this board really. When I go to games people are usually saying the means things we are. "Shoulda done this" "why didn't we recruit him" "we need some elder shooters" "where are all the shooters" "cal should have a few" etc. I actually hear it a lot. I think it's why cal loves it here. He knows UK fans aren't going to settle and it makes him even better.

after sports announcer factually criticizes something regarding UK

"<insert sports commentator> has always hated, I just turn off the TV and listen to homer radio when he calls our games"

Who says I'm not happy? Pointing out a fact is not hating.
I'm thrilled with what Calipari has done at UK, he's the right man for the job, but damn, it doesn't mean you can't point out an obvious issue in two big time games.
This is a message board, people have opinions, and sometimes they differ from yours.

Reactions: crestcat
Who says I'm not happy? Pointing out a fact is not hating.
I'm thrilled with what Calipari has done at UK, he's the right man for the job, but damn, it doesn't mean you can't point out an obvious issue in two big time games.
This is a message board, people have opinions, and sometimes they differ from yours.

Coaches being human, they make mistakes, every last one of them. Fans who want to discuss controversial decisions being called " haters " gets my eyes rolling.

Reactions: Bill Derington
Coaches being human, they make mistakes, every last one of them. Fans who want to discuss controversial decisions being called " haters " gets my eyes rolling.
Oh, now you've done it! You have really gone and done it!
You have labeled Cal. a human. Wrath
will reach you, thru all his disciples on RR. Cal knows his is only a man prime to sins and mistakes...but the followers believe, they believe...

pretty much. In 2013 it worried me. In 2014 it worried me. Now, it's like whatever. I don't think he has more than 5-6 years at UK anyway, I'll take every year he's coaching UK as a plus. Any year after 2012 and winning the title is a bonus.

I got really nervous in 2010 because after living through the end of Tubby and all of BCG, I couldn't have handled having our home run hire lured to the pros after one year where we finally were relevant but still came up short. I got nervous again a little in 2013 because we were so bad, that team didn't gel and some fans got a little crazy, especially with lil bro winning the title. I thought maybe he'd get fed up and bounce. For some reason the Cleveland rumors of 2014 didn't bother me, yet that was the one job he listened to.

I'm starting to be convinced Cal doesn't want to mess with the NBA. His ego loves Lexington, and jumping to the NBA is a gamble. He could become the next Phil Jackson. Or he could be just another unemployed basketball coach after 2 bad seasons. That said, if he leaves here to coach in the NBA in the next 1-3 years, I won't be shocked. Agree that any year he's here it's a bonus.

It's just part of the deal with being at UK. No other college job has the demands so similar to the nba.
And when a coach succeeds here he's a national brand. And Calipari is at the very top of his profession.
It was the exact same way when Pitino was here, and even Tubby seemingly had rumors the first 4-5 years he was here.
Part of that is negotiating raises, and part of it is for recruiting.

All the posters who can't seem to grasp the fact that the order of the NBA draft is based solely on potential, pure talent, athleticism and size, and every season will inevitably reply with "Insert projected first-round player here" will/should not leave because "They aren't ready for the NBA." "And if they return to school for another year (Purely for my own selfish desires as a fan.) they could be a top 5 or even the number 1 pick in next year's draft."

Its Dec 20th and according to Lunardi our #2 seed is Mich State....

Why isn't Cal playing the slow white kid more?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT