ADVERTISEMENT

What topic when it comes up makes you roll your eyes??

Why doesn't [insert name of that year's white player from Ky] get playing time?

Last edited:
Reactions: brianpoe
Anything that starts with "I am hearing." Especially when it comes from a random poster. "Why isn't so and so playing" is a close second.

Not necessarily a topic, but when anyone uses the term "sextino." It's neither clever or funny.

No joke is when done for the 8 billionth time, a concept a few posters here have had trouble grasping.

Start a thread saying "Boycott ESPN!! UK is not the number one story of the night!" or ESPN is talking crap about UK.

Cal can't recruit because we've only signed 3 top 20 players this year. Why aren't more committing.

Just curious, but why would Cal to the NBA be on the list? I want the info personally.

Because a stupid rumor pops up for every pro job that comes open.

I went from getting nervous about it at first to taking an "I'll believe it when I see it" approach.

"Some of you don't understand how good player x is."
"They key" When the team has 10 or so problems

I'm not sure that this is directly responsive to the posted question, but ...

It really aggravates me that anybody who says anything about Cal other than "He's the greatest thing since sliced bread" gets eviscerated on this board. This board is FILLED with Polyannas who know very little about the game and who react negatively, in unlearned knee-jerk fashion, to anyone who posts anything that is not entirely positive about Cal, and/or about a particular player, and/or about the program in general.

Just MHO, of course.

Reactions: millayc
That Jennifer Lawrence is really a big Card fan.
untitled___1__2__by_manoluv-d8zihn7.jpg

Reactions: brianpoe
All the variations on Cal can't coach. Two of my favorite are:

1. We let the air out of the ball and almost lost to Kansas

2. Cal can't win a title without an all-time great player (this one used to be Cal can't win the big one, but the goalposts moved)

Oh, almost forgot the new classic...

"Among the 8 coaches who have been to 6 Final Fours or more, Cal has the second worst percentage of Titles won per Final Four appearances."

It takes work to make our Hall of Fame coach look bad, but our fanbase is up to the task.

Posts that say a player is either picking us or not picking us, but providing no proof or source, as if their declarative statement standing by itself should be taken as gospel. I don't know how many of those we saw on the day Murray committed that simply stated categorically that he was going to Oregon.
I know of at least one poster you're talking about . His name starts with cane lol .

People whining about Calipari's statements about goals of getting 8 players drafted and assuming he doesn't care about winning at all. Also still bringing up the statement about players getting drafted being the greatest day in UK history

Kyle Wiltjer threads

Ex player said something that wasn't sunshine and rainbows and now we hate them threads.

I lost count at one point who we were supposed to hate or who should be dead to us. I know the list included

Jeff Sheppard
Derek Anderson
Sean Woods

"I'm hearing that....yada yada yada"

No you're not actually "hearing" anything but only just reading it online. And don't get me started on the whole "my sources are saying" nonsense.

NBA SCRATCH DRAFT **DAISY DUKE YOU'RE UP** ON THE CLOCK ROUND "124" pick "2,235"

Sorry Gonz maybe shorten the season a few hundred rounds. ;)

How bout the ul fans with their
Siva>>>>>>>>>insert uk gaurd
Harrel>>>>>>>>insert UK player
Etc etc...
1-7 for realz with their 1 against our NIT team Barely LOLZ.

Reactions: .S&C.
All the variations on Cal can't coach. Two of my favorite are:

1. We let the air out of the ball and almost lost to Kansas

2. Cal can't win a title without an all-time great player (this one used to be Cal can't win the big one, but the goalposts moved)

Oh, almost forgot the new classic...

"Among the 8 coaches who have been to 6 Final Fours or more, Cal has the second worst percentage of Titles won per Final Four appearances."

It takes work to make our Hall of Fame coach look bad, but our fanbase is up to the task.

Number 1, gotta disagree. Getting irritated about it is one thing, but we did let the "air out of the ball" or however someone wants to phrase it. I guess if hearing about it is annoying I feel ya.

number 2, this is a point that is destined to be used by most rival fans and some weirdly hard lined mega fans for differing reasons. I personally believe one thing is sure however, Cal will have multiple championships when he's done. At the end of the day he's going to stockpile too much talent not to. I think thats great, btw, and it's one of the reasons I was so happy to get him. I knew with his recruiting potential it would be a sure thing that he wins for multiple championships. Where I get into trouble around here is I actually think there are coaches who could win 3 or maybe even 4 with our talent level, but again, Cal isn't going anywhere right now. He could achieve it.

on 3, Speaking in specific tones about what Cals percentages are before he's done is being short sighted, but if we do in fact only get 1, in say, 10 years, out of 6 or 7 final fours, it will have a 90's Atlanta Braves sting to it. And you will always hear the stories of how there should've been more. There's no way around it because the talent level is too high and Cal is far to good to walk with one.

Last edited:
Mine is mock drafts
A couple of things. It is silly when usernames are sure they know more about recruiting or game strategies than Calipari and Stoops know. Along the same lines, it's humorous when usernames think they know more about running a successful athletic department than Barnhart. But the most cold and irritating thing is when fans who have never known a certain high school player get critical about the player's choice of colleges in a high handed way, as if they know what is best for his life. But on the other hand, most of our fans seem knowledgeable and considerate of our coaches and players.

Number 1, gotta disagree. Getting irritated about it is one thing, but we did let the "air out of the ball" or however someone wants to phrase it. I guess if hearing about it is annoying I feel ya.

number 2, this is a point that is destined to be used by most rival fans and some weirdly hard lined mega fans for differing reasons. I personally believe one thing is sure however, Cal will have multiple championships when he's done. At the end of the day he's going to stockpile too much talent not to. I think thats great, btw, and it's one of the reasons I was so happy to get him. I knew with his recruiting potential it would be a sure thing that he wins for multiple championships. Where I get into trouble around here is I actually think there are coaches who could win 3 or maybe even 4 with our talent level, but again, Cal isn't going anywhere right now. He could achieve it.

on 3, Speaking in specific tones about what Cals percentages are before he's done is being short sighted, but if we do in fact only get 1, in say, 10 years, out of 6 or 7 final fours, it will have a 90's Atlanta Braves sting to it. And you will always hear the stories of how there should've been more. There's no way around it because the talent level is too high and Cal is far to good to walk with one.

Example number 12,367...

Our fans constantly go overboard trying to qualify and diminish our coach's historic accomplishments.

And it isn't like most do it in an academic way. There is clearly a great deal of unwarranted hate (as well as Hall of Fame levels of arrogance).

Reactions: Xception
Example number 12,367...

Our fans constantly go overboard trying to qualify and diminish our coach's historic accomplishments.

And it isn't like most do it in an academic way. There is clearly a great deal of unwarranted hate (as well as Hall of Fame levels of arrogance).

I think the opposite most of the time. Most people think cal is a legend. Rupp, Smyth, K, etc. I actually think cal is good enough to be at those marks. I think he will be, but I'm not going to judge the guy on the standards of Bill Self or Jim Boheim because I feel he's extremely superior to those types.

Last edited:
I think the opposite most of the time. I think most people think cal is a legend. Rupp, Smyth, K, etc. I actually think cal is good enough to be at those marks. I actually think he will be, but I'm not going to judge the guy on the standards of Bill Self or Jim Boheim because I feel he's extremely superior to those types.

Ok

ADVERTISEMENT