ADVERTISEMENT

What staff changes come?

JwUKFan11

Senior
Nov 11, 2011
Now that we know who the HC will be. What happens with the assistants? I don't think it will change the results because it never has to this point but I'd like to know who you all think may be here.

I think most think Bruiser and Chuck are the 2 that are most likely to change. Wouldn't be that surprised to see Kenny come back as that period is what Cal seems to be trying to get back to.

Who else may come?

If it’s a true revamp, get rid of them all minus Ulis and Welch. Don’t bring in any of Cal’s old buddies or retreads, keep Payne away. But my biggest question is who is going pick them- Cal or Mitch. I don’t have much hope here, it’s like trying to fix a sinking ship with duct tape.

If it’s a true revamp, get rid of them all minus Ulis and Welch. Don’t bring in any of Cal’s old buddies or retreads, keep Payne away. But my biggest question is who is going pick them- Cal or Mitch. I don’t have much hope here, it’s like trying to fix a sinking ship with duct tape.
I agree with this, the problem is Cal isn't going to listen to people he doesn't know. I think the only hope is bringing people he does know and hoping they can talk/coach some sense into a team.

I want all of them gone. I’m even seek of seeing Antigua at this point. None of them seem to be doing much in the way of player development or x & o’s. Clean house & let the assistants be lambs to the slaughter since Cal won’t resign. Ulis & Welch can stay.

I agree with this, the problem is Cal isn't going to listen to people he doesn't know. I think the only hope is bringing people he does know and hoping they can talk/coach some sense into a team.
We’ve been trying that and it hasn’t worked these last few years. Cal needs some fresh blood and ideas, not more yes men. If Cal is truly open to a change, I find it doubtful, he needs to jump head first into the unknown and get out of his comfort zone. The ball is in his court.

Drop Bruiser - replace him with an NBA guy who won't have to recruit and has reputation for defensive coaching/scouting opponents.

Replace Chin with Brandin Knight as long as that means Ace Bailey

Add an extra support role for scouting and/or talent evaluation - make sure you nail the portal additions. Cal's been somewhat iffy with evaluating guys from the portal.

I'd be cool with that.

Now that we know who the HC will be. What happens with the assistants? I don't think it will change the results because it never has to this point but I'd like to know who you all think may be here.

I think most think Bruiser and Chuck are the 2 that are most likely to change. Wouldn't be that surprised to see Kenny come back as that period is what Cal seems to be trying to get back to.

Who else may come?
Well the only way this works is for Cal to bring in an offensive and defensive assistants and actually let them do the coaching.

Who else may come?
Flint
Coleman

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
Any idea who might be a target? I’ll run my head into a wall if it’s a buddy hire.
I know who has been mentioned to him several times. Brandin Knight from Rutgers--defensive guy, elite recruiter (Rutgers has Ace Bailey and Dylan Harper) but here's the other issue with what's going on at UK--do you want to come to this mess if you are an Assistant outside the Cal "tree"? Want to move your family and then he may be gone next year?

Mitch Barnhart has just Diddy'd this entire program/fanbase.

All of this ^

Just a reminder that I have been saying for years, since Mitch gave away all his power to Cal, the ONE thing he could still do is hire Rick Pitino as a mandatory assistant coach.

If Brad has anything to do with this program, then everyone should be fired the second that is announced. Everyone. I'd even fire the President of the University and hire Ellen just so I could fire her ass too.
Cal said he wished he had Brad on staff to scout, after the Oakland loss. Lol, it's coming...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT