ADVERTISEMENT

Two lazy assistants

What's fascinating about this is some media said one guy (Coleman) didn't even return with the team after the loss but now he's out drinking......and I think Coleman should be gone but the witch hunt is on.

As for Flint-said it from day 1 and stick by it-the worst hire in the history of Cal era. Even worse than Joel Justus being on staff and continually promoted. Yes, I know NC State is in the Sweet 16--they also were tied with Louisville with 4 mins to go in ACC Tournament a little over 2 weeks to go. If the plan for UK Basketball is to have to win 5 games in 5 days to make the NCAA's and then hope 3 seeds get upset--then you have to bring Golden Boy back. Kyle Tucker and those who got info from him stump for him due to info reasons which I understand but acting like he's some loss is embarrassing.

Antigua/Coleman were brought back to make sure recruiting improved. It did. They did that job. Most of that job at a program like Kentucky under Cal is just not ****ing things up and communicating with the people who are told to them to talk to by those who do get things done. LOL

Staff overhaul 6.0??? That's putting a band aid on a tumor. Been there and done that. It also speaks to the ineptitude of the AD who is caught actually hearing the outrage the fanbase has and has no clue what to do now his floated names have been crapped on because he's an idiot who didn't have a plan. Barnhart is many ways worse than Calipari right now and that's saying something.

Chuck Martin and John Welch have been strong additions. Good guys and work hard. Saw improvements with the areas they were brought in to improve. Antigua is replaceable as well but he too did a good job for what wasn't being done.

End of the day-UK is in a situation where they have a mess, but have equivalent of Donald Trump, Shohei Ohtani, and Jim Carrey's character in Liar Liar in a game of To Tell the Truth as the people trying to fix it.

Bruiser should have never been hired in the first place. I knew it was bad when iu fans gave zero shits that UK took him.

Not sure on the other. I really don’t hear much about Antigua like his earlier run.
barbary macaque baby GIF by BBC

From what I understand Chin does our scouting and defensive gameplans. If true he has to go. Look at our defensive numbers since he's been here.
Ive never been a "fan" of his... his demeanor on the sidelines has always been horrible, IMO

Matt Jones and others on the show this morning mentioned two assistants that were just cashing a paycheck and not doing anything. They said it was well known throughout the department and university. I would suspect one is Bruiser so who would be the other? What does Chuck Martin do?

Guess Cal has been coasting too.
That's Cal's fault, he's the head coach and he hired them. All I can say this has to be the worse coaching staff of any power five conference team.

What do they do ? Not that it matters but. Yes Sir. Yes Sir. Yes Sir. Yes Sir ... Cal wouldnt listen to Red Auerbach or Rupp.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Obviously bruiser is the first. Is ulis the second? I don't think he's an actual assistant though. Weren't there rumors of Chin leaving last year because of a rift? I know he was tied to Reeves. So maybe he's done?

None of it matters unless cal changes his attitude because that's the real problem. I wouldn't be surprised to see Welch leave because he was obviously shut out at times when we'd see cal have dj run the old cal offense.

I would say he needs to hire a defensive coach but that was supposed to be him. If he needs both an offensive and defensive guy - what's he doing besides being a face?
Yes, he and Cal got into it on the sidelines of a game in progress. Can’t remember who we were playing. But basically Chin was trying to tell Cal something during an timeout and he lit into Chin & Coleman let him have it back.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Yes, he and Cal got into it on the sidelines of a game in progress. Can’t remember who we were playing. But basically Chin was trying to tell Cal something during an timeout and he lit into Chin & Coleman let him have it back.

Iirc he was trying to tell him someone had 3 fouls.

Reactions: villefan76
What's fascinating about this is some media said one guy (Coleman) didn't even return with the team after the loss but now he's out drinking......and I think Coleman should be gone but the witch hunt is on.

As for Flint-said it from day 1 and stick by it-the worst hire in the history of Cal era. Even worse than Joel Justus being on staff and continually promoted. Yes, I know NC State is in the Sweet 16--they also were tied with Louisville with 4 mins to go in ACC Tournament a little over 2 weeks to go. If the plan for UK Basketball is to have to win 5 games in 5 days to make the NCAA's and then hope 3 seeds get upset--then you have to bring Golden Boy back. Kyle Tucker and those who got info from him stump for him due to info reasons which I understand but acting like he's some loss is embarrassing.

Antigua/Coleman were brought back to make sure recruiting improved. It did. They did that job. Most of that job at a program like Kentucky under Cal is just not ****ing things up and communicating with the people who are told to them to talk to by those who do get things done. LOL

Staff overhaul 6.0??? That's putting a band aid on a tumor. Been there and done that. It also speaks to the ineptitude of the AD who is caught actually hearing the outrage the fanbase has and has no clue what to do now his floated names have been crapped on because he's an idiot who didn't have a plan. Barnhart is many ways worse than Calipari right now and that's saying something.

Chuck Martin and John Welch have been strong additions. Good guys and work hard. Saw improvements with the areas they were brought in to improve. Antigua is replaceable as well but he too did a good job for what wasn't being done.

End of the day-UK is in a situation where they have a mess, but have equivalent of Donald Trump, Shohei Ohtani, and Jim Carrey's character in Liar Liar in a game of To Tell the Truth as the people trying to fix it.
I agree with pretty much everything you said. But Cal coaching is more like having Joe Biden running things.

If for some stupid reason Cal is here next year, the only ones that need to stay are Coach O, Tyler Ulis and Coach Welch. Tyler should be the PG coach. Cal needs to let Welch take over offense 100%. It was clear Welch's offense was high powered and fun to watch. I knew, I even told my mom this. When we got the bigs back, Cal would change the offense to accommodate the bigs. It did, and it ruined chemistry on the court as well.

Coach O is a good recruiter and got some of our best talent. The rest can go.

If we are lucky to get Jay Wright, I hope he keeps Welch around. I think Tyler would be gone if Cal is.

I would be ok with Trump telling Cal...You're Fired!

If for some stupid reason Cal is here next year, the only ones that need to stay are Coach O, Tyler Ulis and Coach Welch. Tyler should be the PG coach. Cal needs to let Welch take over offense 100%. It was clear Welch's offense was high powered and fun to watch. I knew, I even told my mom this. When we got the bigs back, Cal would change the offense to accommodate the bigs. It did, and it ruined chemistry on the court as well.

Coach O is a good recruiter and got some of our best talent. The rest can go.

If we are lucky to get Jay Wright, I hope he keeps Welch around. I think Tyler would be gone if Cal is.
Martin deserves to stay.

I won't pick on any specific asst. coach, although Bruiser has been a net loss in terms of benefit for a while now.

My beef is too many former head coaches. They cost a fortune and get too comfortable. I think 1 on staff could be a great help. But the rest need to be guys trying to earn a shot and eating/drinking/breathing hoops 24/7. They simply work harder and are more in touch with players and new offenses/defenses. Their energy is infectious and you can't fake that.

If he keeps Cal, make him pick 1 former HC and then go get the best young assistants around not named Calipari.

Reactions: CUJO_1970
I'm worried if Cal stays, he fires one of them and brings in Brad
go right ahead. exact reason why tubby was asked to change up his staff and he took his ball and went home(to minnesota). if this gets the job done then so be it

changing the staff i just a temp solution. nothing will change until cal leaves or cal changes.....and he's not changing.

he'll continue to surround himself with people who say yes to him.

i do think welch and chuck martin did bring improvement to the team this year. particularly welch on the offensive side. just a shame cal messed with it because the post season made him nervous to play that fast

When Curry came he failed because all of the assistants remained at Alabama. When Robic and Payne and Strickland left ...well it is pretty easy to see the record since then.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Everyone on KSR said Chin is fired. Drew added if Chin is back Cal is not a serious basketball coach. He said that's how bad and how big of a problem Chin has been. All 4 also said Woolard and Bruiser are fired.

Reactions: ukfan041
Everyone on KSR said Chin is fired. Drew added if Chin is back Cal is not a serious basketball coach. He said that's how bad and how big of a problem Chin has been. All 4 also said Woolard and Bruiser are fired.
Im out of the loop, who is Woolard?

Mitch needs to go first, then fire Cal and anyone associated with him... So what if it make a few Cal lover's mad, get hijm the heck out of UKBB.... We deserve a coach who knows how to coach these fine young men and teach them how to play college ball, this is not an NBA Farm Team... That is what Cal has made it, I am sick of this crap I want to see UKBB go into the Tourney with a chance of winning games...

GBB

• Love
Reactions: Wildcatjedi
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT