ADVERTISEMENT

Went to the movies today...WTF???

Mad Max and Ex Machina are both great movies to see at the theater and I like to have buttered popcorn. You gotta live.

Seeing Mad Max at home would be like putting ketchup on a $30 steak then having the chef come out and punch you in the face only it was your wife because you returned the movie late because your wife wouldn't even let you watch the movie because she wanted you to watch HGTV with her... and you did. Instead of Mad Max. So you never even saw it. You just STFU and washed the dishes.

I'm sure it's been mentioned on this thread already, but that's how the theaters make their money. They lease films from the studios to show for X amount of weeks and in return, they get a percentage of the sales. The first week or two, it can be as low as 20% ( I've heard there have been movies, like 'Star Wars: The Phantom Menace', where the studio got 100% of the sales for the first week), and then it builds up week after week until after weeks 4 and 5 when the theater is allowed to keep as much as 75% or so of the sales, but how many people go to see movies after it's been out that long? Most people see a movie in the theater in the first 2 weeks of release, which is when a theater makes the least amount of profit off of it. To offset this, they overcharge for things from the concession stand. This is what they need to do in order for their to be a theater for you to watch these movies at. I wouldn't be surprised to see theaters charge for parking at some point just to start bringing in more money.

Unfortunately, movies are costing more and more to produce nowadays and the studios are forcing theaters to submit to more and more unreasonable demands in regards to profits to recoup their production costs.

The Megaplexes basically let you wander around and see as many movies as you want to because they get you at the concession.

[[/SPOILER]

I just got back from seeing the 7:05 showing of Jurassic World. I had your spoiler in mind, since I resisted clicking on it all this time.

It was a Tuesday Special at one of the local theaters. $8.50 all day for the IMAX 3-D experience.

I'd give it 3 out of 4 stars. A lot of good 3-D stuff... worth the extra couple of bucks, IMO.

I think it's cute that the poors are splitting the cost of Netflix. Makes me feel like donating a few Taco Bell hot sauce packets to them that I have left over. I want them to go to a good home.
How poor do you have to be to save hot sauce packets from a YUM! brand restaurant?

Give him a break guys, he's joking. Obviously he's not gonna make the guy who created him pay to use his Netflix....right?

And here I've been letting my mom use my Netflix for free for 5 years. I need to let her know she owes me $300.

Haven't been to the movie theater in years. I usually waot till it comes out on Netflix, or go to some "amazing site." Not paying a lot of money for a box of popcorn, candy, and drinks. I'm really itching to go to a theater just to see Jurassic World.

Can't remember the last time I went to the movies (but I'll definitely be going to see Star Wars). It's prob been at least two years.

And I had totally forgotten that driveins even existed. Last movie I remember seeing at a drive in was Casper the Friendly Ghost, and that's gotta be at least 20 years ago.

Can't remember the last time I went to the movies (but I'll definitely be going to see Star Wars). It's prob been at least two years.

And I had totally forgotten that driveins even existed. Last movie I remember seeing at a drive in was Casper the Friendly Ghost, and that's gotta be at least 20 years ago.

Yeah... Star Wars has to be seen on the big screen.

My last drive-in experience was 25 years ago: Batman (w/ Nicholson & Keaton)

apache-drive-in-theater-by-r-svirskas.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT