ADVERTISEMENT

Went to the movies today...WTF???

This got me to thinking about the snacks and found this:

A large AMC popcorn, without butter, contains 1,030 calories and 41 grams of fat.

That's WITHOUT their "butter". That large popcorn equals maybe 1/3 cup of unpopped corn and 41 grams of fat? Might as well take a Wendy's triple or a blooming onion in.

This got me to thinking about the snacks and found this:

A large AMC popcorn, without butter, contains 1,030 calories and 41 grams of fat.

That's WITHOUT their "butter". That large popcorn equals maybe 1/3 cup of unpopped corn and 41 grams of fat? Might as well take a Wendy's triple or a blooming onion in.

Good stuff.

I actually hate popcorn. I think I'm in the minority though. In high school I had a summer job selling concessions at a theater and had to clean the popcorn machine every night. Disgusting.

I can still smell it.

Anyways I'm a candy guy. Hot Tamales or Sour Patch Kids and nothing else

Me and a buddy snuck in a 12 pack of dr. Pepper and a pizza in college.

Step up your game, op. If you can't sneak something past a 15 year old brat who gives 0 touches about what you're bringing in, you should probably just fling your own lifeless body into a sewer manhole.

172.jpg

Would have thrown in some curly fries too but the lass was afraid they'd get grease all over the shit in her purse.
Should have told her to take out that shit, the fries are more important.

Disagree with most about preferring to stay home and watch a movie. Even though I have a great setup at home in my mancave I still love the movie theater and go 10-15 times a year, minimum. Love the 3D Imax at Stonybrook as that's where I see most movies... at $14.00 a pop. Not a big fan of assigned seats, though.

Cargo pants, FTW.

I smuggle in my own snacks, drinks included. It's a cheap ass thing to do, but I'll be damned if I'm paying $5 for a box of candy I can get at Kroger for $1 or $7 for a coke when I can fit two+ cans of beer in my pockets.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
Has been at least three years. I was going to go to one yesterday, then I realized my local theater charges $9 for a showing before 6 pm. That's two months of Netflix since I let my dad use my account and we split the cost. F*** that. I'm not sure I've ever seen a movie that equals the value of an entire month of Netflix at full cost.

You charge your dad $5 for Netflix?

What a piece of shit son you turned out to be.

What a brokeass

I think it's cute that the poors are splitting the cost of Netflix. Makes me feel like donating a few Taco Bell hot sauce packets to them that I have left over. I want them to go to a good home.

Nice driveinn in Somerset. Try to go once or twice every Summer. 2 movies for $6 and you can take along your pets. Two screens facing different dircetions, one G rated, the other PG/R.Concession stand is authentic 1970s-80s complete with Ms Pacman video game. We usually take our own food and cooler of drinks. Tune your car radio to a certain channel for movie audio. Pretty cool experience.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Lol growing up did you leave your dad half of everything you ate? Like a banana, yogurt, or sandwich? Or did you just give him iou's? You finally found a way to get your dad back for not letting you stay out past curfew! We need to take notes lol.

Next time your dad wants to borrow the car make sure you give it to him on empty that way you are assured the old man ponies up 5 bucks a month for Netflix. You watch, he will never miss a payment again!

If my father offered to pay me 5 dollars a month for Netflix I would definitely jump on it. Sure he spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to help raise me, and I get the whole "when I grow up I hope to try and pay my parents back in anyway I can even though I'll never truly be able to" sentiment, but we're talking 60 bucks here! 60 bucks a year!!

How brokeass do you have to be to need $5 a month from your dad for Netflix? Do you sell chicklets at the bus stop for a lviing or what?

Think of all the kfc and subway you can eat on dads dime. If you could hit him up for being late or not paying at the right minute you could get little Cesar's!!!!

I'm glad you brought this thread back to life lol. I would love to know if dad is still paying his Netflix bill.

Seeing Mad Max in theaters was well worth it to me. I wouldn't have enjoyed it nearly as much had I watched it at home.

ADVERTISEMENT