ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Scott Drew!

Really? I'll grant you the title was a success. But this dude loses in the first week at much higher rate than Calipari. I'm just having a hard time talking myself into this being the best move for Kentucky.
Yeah so does every other coach. That was Self's MO for years. Few is the only coach without those first weekend issues. 3 #1 seeds in a row and the only program in the country who has been a top 3 seed the last 5 years. At Baylor.

Reactions: 1STSergeant
To be fair, he's lost 22 games the last two seasons. 19-21 he was an absolute lightning rod. Those seasons appear to be the exception though, and not the rule.

Is he a great coach? No doubt. Should he be our first option? No such plane of existence exists.
Obviously Hurley is first. But after that Drew is the most successful college coach the last 5 years other than maybe Self.

Donovan's last season in college he lost 17 games.

Obviously Hurley is first. But after that Drew is the most successful college coach the last 5 years other than maybe Self.

I'd argue Hurley, Donovan and Oats all need to be 1st. Drew is successful in the sense that he makes the tournament but you can't just ignore the fact that he has 4 sweet sixteens, 3 elite 8's and 1 final four in 21 years at Baylor.

That isn't exactly screaming home run to me.

Reactions: dl51344
lol dude this state had wet dreams about billy donovan and dan hurley the past 2 nights. Nobody is lacking in the expectation department. But many of you can't understand reality. We were never getting the guy we all wanted. What makes you think we could pull one of those 2 guys? Drew was always the guy. when everybody says "anybody but cal" you gotta be prepared for what that looks like.

Low testosterone poster right here
Loser mentality

Surprised you’re still here and not on the arky boards with your worship of cal.

Reactions: Smashcat
2019-2021 are carrying a lot of water here and do not remotely reflect what he's done the other 16 years at Baylor. This is some cherry picking.
It's the last 5 years. It is what is relevant. Nitpicking what he did when he was still in his 30's coaching the worst program in the country is ignorant.

He is the only coach in the country who has had a top three seed the last five years.

Please list all of these great coaches who don't have first weekend loss issues. They all do except Mark Few.

Yeah so does every other coach. That was Self's MO for years. Few is the only coach without those first weekend issues. 3 #1 seeds in a row and the only program in the country who has been a top 3 seed the last 5 years. At Baylor.
You are what you accept. And I guess that is where UK is right now. We accept 1st weekend losses now, that's not the Kentucky I was raised on.

You are what you accept. And I guess that is where UK is right now. We accept 1st weekend losses now, that's not the Kentucky I was raised on.
Then who do you want? What are you willing to "accept"? Because after Hurley there is no perfect coach.

Low testosterone poster right here
Loser mentality

Surprised you’re still here and not on the arky boards with your worship of cal.
You're an idiot. I've been trying to hire Pearl for 2 months. But I knew that was pipe dream too. I am just smart enough to realize it.

Second thing, I will put my T levels up against yours or anyone else's here any day. I just had my shot last night. My heart is pounding, I'm sweating, I currently have a semi, and I haven't even lifted yet today.

You're an idiot. I've been trying to hire Pearl for 2 months. But I knew that was pipe dream too. I am just smart enough to realize it.

Second thing, I will put my T levels up against yours or anyone else's here any day. I just had my shot last night. My heart is pounding, I'm sweating, I currently have a semi, and I haven't even lifted yet today.

Loser mentality right here. Pearl is worse than Drew. Better up that T level

It's the last 5 years. It is what is relevant. Nitpicking what he did when he was still in his 30's coaching the worst program in the country is ignorant.

He is the only coach in the country who has had a top three seed the last five years.

Please list all of these great coaches who don't have first weekend loss issues. They all do except Mark Few.

And he lost in the first or second round (to lower seeds) each year outside of 21. Sound familiar? It should because, historically speaking, that's what he does.

Also, not nitpicking his first four years at Baylor. He's been there 21 years and made the second weekend 6 times.

And he lost in the first or second round (to lower seeds) each year outside of 21. Sound familiar? It should because, historically speaking, that's what he does.

Also, not nitpicking his first four years at Baylor. He's been there 21 years and left the second weekend 6 times.
OK I will ask again. Who do you want besides Hurley?

Then who do you want? What are you willing to "accept"? Because after Hurley there is no perfect coach.
True. There are no perfect coaches out there. My first call (after Hurley) would be to Chris Beard. He has won at every level. He nearly took a High School JV roster to the NCAA tournament this year. His biggest problem has nothing to do with coaching.

Loser mentality right here. Pearl is worse than Drew. Better up that T level
I'm sorry bubba. Your dreams just do not matter. Billy D was never coming. Hurley was never coming. MItch won't reach out to oats. It has nothing to do with my mentality or yours. Of course I want those dudes and if I was the AD I would do all I could to land them. But sometimes you don't get to bang Megan Fox. Sometimes you gotta settle for a 6 and make love to her like she's a 10 and hope the baby is cute.

Now chill with that hissy fit. Nobody cares.

I'm sorry bubba. Your dreams just do not matter. Billy D was never coming. Hurley was never coming. MItch won't reach out to oats. It has nothing to do with my mentality or yours. Of course I want those dudes and if I was the AD I would do all I could to land them. But sometimes you don't get to bang Megan Fox. Sometimes you gotta settle for a 6 and make love to her like she's a 10 and hope the baby is cute.

Now chill with that hissy fit. Nobody cares.

TL;DR
Long post are for a loser mentality

Scott drew is in Waco eating lunch with a Baylor booster. Lol, it’s Kentucky nothing we ever do is normal

OK I will ask again. Who do you want besides Hurley?

Oats/Hurley/Donovan are my realistic A tier.

Wright/Stevens are my unrealistic S tier.

Drew/lloyd/pearl/beard (ew) are my backup options.

Everyone in the A tier have to say no to mitch in my mind. We have to get this hire right.

Drew will be a good coach at UK but it feels like we are settling for a known quantity with a high floor low ceiling.

I'll be pulling like hell for the guy if he's the pick, but he can't be our first choice.

Reactions: Justwantadecentteam
True. There are no perfect coaches out there. My first call (after Hurley) would be to Chris Beard. He has won at every level. He nearly took a High School JV roster to the NCAA tournament this year. His biggest problem has nothing to do with coaching.
He has only made the second weekend twice and is only two years younger than Drew. I mean good Lord, you are upset about Drew and your answer is a dude who has a third of the résumé and is a wife beater. He had double digit losses six of his seven seasons at Texas Tech. That is what you "accept" with your nose stuck up in the air?

If you are talking to other people and mentioning their t level there's a 100% chance your vagina swallows your desk chair when you sit down.

I really hope that's just a troll.

Reactions: TM2013
Low T reply
Cmt Girls Night GIF by I Love Kellie Pickler

Oats/Hurley/Donovan are my realistic A tier.

Wright/Stevens are my unrealistic S tier.

Drew/lloyd/pearl/beard (ew) are my backup options.

Everyone in the A tier have to say no to mitch in my mind. We have to get this hire right.

Drew will be a good coach at UK but it feels like we are settling for a known quantity with a high floor low ceiling.

I'll be pulling like hell for the guy if he's the pick, but he can't be our first choice.
Donovan hasn't made the NCAA second weekend since 2014 and his last season he went 16-17. Is going 16-17 "acceptable" at UK for you?

Obviously I would gladly take Donovan, but the point is that every coach being discussed has major holes in their résumé besides Hurley. Drew stacks up against everybody else.

Wright/Stevens is a waste of time.

Oats, Lloyd, Pearl and Beard haven't accomplished a third of what Drew has and they are all around the same age.

If you are talking to other people and mentioning their t level there's a 100% chance your vagina swallows your desk chair when you sit down.

I really hope that's just a troll.
Joined in jan. He's somebody's sock account. Starting to smell like a Morg a little bit. My question is, is he really into bowling or is his profile pic just to throw us off the scent?

Reactions: TM2013
Joined in jan. He's somebody's sock account. Starting to smell like a Morg a little bit. My question is, is he really into bowling or is his profile pic just to throw us off the scent?

It’s funny how you’re the gatekeeper for accounts in this site. When you get made a fool of you always go straight to account history length like that means anything.

Here is a link since you’re having trouble finding it. This is your new home. Coach cow is waiting for you to fight his battles there. Your time here is done

Donovan hasn't made the NCAA second since 2014 and his last season he went 16-17. Is going 16-17 "acceptable" at UK for you?

Obviously I would gladly take Donovan, but the point is that every coach being discussed has major holes in their résumé besides Hurley. Drew stacks up against everybody else.

Wright/Stevens is a waste of time.

Lloyd, Pearl and Beard haven't accomplished a third of what Drew has.

Donovan made 4 consecutive elite eights and a final four the year before that season and all of that was after the back to back championships? Do you own a cherry farm? One bad season before moving to the NBA isn't a whole in your resume, it's an aberration, like drew getting to the elite 8.

As for the other coaches on Drew's level, they haven't been coaching high major ball (outside of pearl) nearly as long. Kentucky does well hiring on potential, which is what you would be doing.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it flops, but you take that risk.

It’s simply disgusting how Calipari has lowered some of you all expectations so much that we settle for this and you act like you’re happy with it. This isn’t Tennessee. We should’ve been able to get whatever name we wanted and this wasn’t the name we wanted.
First of all, Drew's a good coach. We can't just get anyone we want. You're living in lala land. There are other great schools out there and honestly Cal brought us down a level. We can get it back because we have before, but we aren't there right now. Get over yourself and give Drew a chance. If he's terrible after year 3 then we can re-evaulate. You have no idea how he will do at KY so we might as well support him and see what happens. Your complaining isn't helping at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT