ADVERTISEMENT

Stop The Ignorance About Drew

UPSCat4080

All-SEC
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
How many people that cried and cried wanting Cal gone are now saying "NO!" to Scott Drew and acting like it will be a horrible hire? The guy won at freaking Baylor University! He is known as an excellent X's and O's coach and possibly could bring a #3 recruiting class with him to build on! Say he convinces a couple kids to stay? Next year a pipe dream of Reed, Big Z, Thiero and Edgecombe immediately competes! How is it Mitch's fault that we didn't get Donovan or Hurley? They could have just said NO THANK YOU! And I don't blame them because not even a small majority, but a large part of our fan base are blooming idiots that are completely unreasonable. No way I would leave UConn even for 3 more million a year!

How many people that cried and cried wanting Cal gone are now saying "NO!" to Scott Drew and acting like it will be a horrible hire? The guy won at freaking Baylor University! He is known as an excellent X's and O's coach and possibly could bring a #3 recruiting class with him to build on! Say he convinces a couple kids to stay? Next year a pipe dream of Reed, Big Z, Thiero and Edgecombe immediately competes! How is it Mitch's fault that we didn't get Donovan or Hurley? They could have just said NO THANK YOU! And I don't blame them because not even a small majority, but a large part of our fan base are blooming idiots that are completely unreasonable. No way I would leave UConn even for 3 more million a year!
I bet you wanted Tubby to have a lifetime contract.

Because apparently we’re so entitled that we just expect that the hottest name in coaching will just jump and run here at the drop of a hat less than 48 hours off of an NCAA championship. Like we deserve him or better yet his lot in life revolves around coaching at the Mecca of college basketball.

Not that excited but better than this version of cal. Drew is the best of what we can get. Is what it is.

UK has too many couch coaches.

Not ever going to please everyone.

I want Todd Golden but if it’s Scott Drew I’m all in.

Need to get someone in place.

Hurley said his wife isn’t on board with any move. He’s feistier and more combative than Cal so does Mitch want another?

Mitch can’t trust Donovan. He has messed with us twice and his best college days are gone. Out of the college game too long.

Can we also please stop with the stupid "Mitch is hiring his buddy" nonsense?

THEY ARE NOT FRIENDS like so many here decided to run with. They know each other (and are friendly) like every major coach and every major AD can be.

They are not best friends so stop pushing this silliness.
Well Mitch was his NCAA liaison and stayed in the Baylor hotel when they won the title so he’s watched Drew work up close.

How many people that cried and cried wanting Cal gone are now saying "NO!" to Scott Drew and acting like it will be a horrible hire? The guy won at freaking Baylor University! He is known as an excellent X's and O's coach and possibly could bring a #3 recruiting class with him to build on! Say he convinces a couple kids to stay? Next year a pipe dream of Reed, Big Z, Thiero and Edgecombe immediately competes!
We could easily be preseason top 5 with that core.

Reactions: KFuqua and TM2013
Because apparently we’re so entitled that we just expect that the hottest name in coaching will just jump and run here at the drop of a hat less than 48 hours off of an NCAA championship. Like we deserve him or better yet his lot in life revolves around coaching at the Mecca of college basketball.
Exactly. The school he’s currently coaching has won 6 national titles in the same span we’ve won once (and defeated UK in three tournaments including two Final 4’s). I have as much UK pride as any but this sense of entitlement is the same reason NFL fans hate the Dallas Cowboys. There is no reason Drew can’t win here.

In a tournament with all the names we are considering as coaches Scott drew is going to win the first round and probably the second round easily. He has a championship. Until the last two seasons Baylor was top five team three years straight.
I know we haven't seen this around here in a while but Scott drew can out- coach other coaches. I know it's hard to believe that that happens but he is a coach's coach. His dad was a coach. His brother is a coach.
As a bench coach his ratings probably at 9 out of 10.
Cal as bench coach is probably a 4 out of 10

Baylor is what he made it. everyone is saying HE DID THIS AT BAYLOR. your impression of baylor is scott drew. he has been there for 22 years. he loses 14 games a year and leaves the tournament in the second round barring a crazy covid year. im in houston and have watched alot of balor games. they are slow and physical and he is not known for being an amazing coach. he is a known as a coach that keeps you competitive.

The Drew haters are the Cal aid drinkers. He chose to leave. I would welcome Barney Fife.

Baylor is what he made it. everyone is saying HE DID THIS AT BAYLOR. your impression of baylor is scott drew. he has been there for 22 years. he loses 14 games a year and leaves the tournament in the second round barring a crazy covid year. im in houston and have watched alot of balor games. they are slow and physical and he is not known for being an amazing coach. he is a known as a coach that keeps you competitive.
Evidently, in their mind, Baylor is a mid-major with no resources, no in state talent, no major donors and no big oil money funneled into the school and program. To them, Baylor hasn't invested heavily in Drew for very shitty results.

Yet, they will say in another breath that he recruits really well.

him winning in 2021 was a fluke....

Can we also please stop with the stupid "Mitch is hiring his buddy" nonsense?

THEY ARE NOT FRIENDS like so many here decided to run with. They know each other (and are friendly) like every major coach and every major AD can be.

They are not best friends so stop pushing this silliness.
Shut up, you know nothing

The Drew haters are the Cal aid drinkers. He chose to leave. I would welcome Barney Fife.
Yeah they don't know what to do with themselves without a used car salesman yelling at them telling them what to think. I personally would welcome a smart and composed coach who talks with his actions.

Reactions: KFuqua
If Billy Donovan has/had any interest the job should be his.

He is/was the home run hire that brings everyone together. Drew is tubby 2.0.

You don’t give up a whole season to wait on Billy Donovan the timing terrible
We can’t eat 2 weeks to get in portal

In a tournament with all the names we are considering as coaches Scott drew is going to win the first round and probably the second round easily. He has a championship. Until the last two seasons Baylor was top five team three years straight.
I know we haven't seen this around here in a while but Scott drew can out- coach other coaches. I know it's hard to believe that that happens but he is a coach's coach. His dad was a coach. His brother is a coach.
As a bench coach his ratings probably at 9 out of 10.
Cal as bench coach is probably a 4 out of 10

If he can flat out coach why has he lost to a lower seeded team the first weekend of the last three tournaments?

Ya know, the same thing we ran cal out of here for.

Drew is on a small list of active Coaches who have a Natty. It’s not like the guy is hot garbage and he is young and lives and breaths basketball. We could do much worse. Let’s get behind him and go to work

National title just a few years ago. At Baylor.

Tubby Smith also won a national title, and we ran him out of town.

I take the entire body of work, or the potential for some. Tommy Lloyd (for instance) is a super young coach, only 3 years of coaching under his belt, and has already been incredible. Results not there in March yet but he has incredible potential to grow and blossom into the best coach in basketball, especially given our resources.

At this point, Scott Drew "is what he is", which is a decent coach, tons of flameouts in March, one amazing 2-season stretch, etc.

He is no more attractive to me as a candidate than Rick Barnes would have been.

He is our next Tubby Smith in my opinion.

I HOPE I am wrong, but it's how I feel right now

him winning in 2021 was a fluke....
How so ? Curious to hear your answer (with actual FACTS). He was 26-4 the year before and very well could have won back to back. Winning ANY title is not a fluke, not to mention he beat 3 very good teams (undefeated Gonzaga was one) to win it. Far from a Fluke, not like he beat 8/11/12 seeds to do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT