ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Scott Drew!

Donovan made 4 consecutive elite eights and a final four the year before that season and all of that was after the back to back championships? Do you own a cherry farm? One bad season before moving to the NBA isn't a whole in your resume, it's an aberration, like drew getting to the elite 8.

As for the other coaches on Drew's level, they haven't been coaching high major ball (outside of pearl) nearly as long. Kentucky does well hiring on potential, which is what you would be doing.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it flops, but you take that risk.
Donovan getting alot of run off of one great recruiting class 20 years ago also. I gave you stats from the last 5 years and you call that "cherry picking" while you are going back more than a decade to tout Donovan. Donovan might be great here and I will welcome him with open arms but he left the NCAA for a reason and has shown no fire to return.

Reactions: 1STSergeant
First of all, Drew's a good coach. We can't just get anyone we want. You're living in lala land. There are other great schools out there and honestly Cal brought us down a level. We can get it back because we have before, but we aren't there right now. Get over yourself and give Drew a chance. If he's terrible after year 3 then we can re-evaulate. You have no idea how he will do at KY so we might as well support him and see what happens. Your complaining isn't helping at this point.

Okay I’ll change my entire mindset to your loser mentality because of your post. I’m a changed man. Thank you for telling me how to feel. This is awesome. Can’t wait for Drew to come here and not win.

Joined in jan. He's somebody's sock account. Starting to smell like a Morg a little bit. My question is, is he really into bowling or is his profile pic just to throw us off the scent?
Morg has been on this board under 6 accounts since this jake guy joined. Pay attention. I've been talking to him on all his accounts.

Reactions: UKortho
It’s simply disgusting how Calipari has lowered some of you all expectations so much that we settle for this and you act like you’re happy with it. This isn’t Tennessee. We should’ve been able to get whatever name we wanted and this wasn’t the name we wanted.
You’re an idiot. He’s a top 5 coach. No you can’t just get whoever you want. Why would Hurley leave UConn. UConn is the king of college basketball over the last 30-40 years

Reactions: cathead64
You’re an idiot. He’s a top 5 coach. No you can’t just get whoever you want. Why would Hurley leave UConn. UConn is the king of college basketball over the last 30-40 years

Okay. Sounds good. Let’s just sign Tom crean.

Donovan getting alot of run off of one great recruiting class 20 years ago also. I gave you stats from the last 5 years and you call that "cherry picking" while you are going back more than a decade to tout Donovan. Donovan might be great here and I will welcome him with open arms but he left the NCAA for a reason and has shown no fire to return.

Are you just not looking any of this up? He lost a ton after the back to back championships and ended up in the nit two years before four consecutive elite 8s and a final four. I don't know about you but you cant stay at school for 8 years. That, to me, shows he can build a consistent roster over time.

Also, I'm cherry picking what Donovan did in college since Kentucky isn't in the NBA and they aren't remotely similar. You realize it's been over 10 years since he left, no?

Listen to his interview last night and tell me he wouldn't consider coming back to the college game after what he's had to deal with in the NBA.

Okay I’ll change my entire mindset to your loser mentality because of your post. I’m a changed man. Thank you for telling me how to feel. This is awesome. Can’t wait for Drew to come here and not win.
Glad you came around buddy. You have more sense than I thought!

Reactions: Rockfly78
Are you just not looking any of this up? He lost a ton after the back to back championships and ended up in the nit two years before four consecutive elite 8s and a final four. I don't know about you but you cant stay at school for 8 years. That, to me, shows he can build a consistent roster over time.

Also, I'm cherry picking what Donovan did in college since Kentucky isn't in the NBA and they aren't remotely similar. You realize it's been over 10 years since he left, no?

Listen to his interview last night and tell me he wouldn't consider coming back to the college game after what he's had to deal with in the NBA.
He's been out of college basketball for 10 years and his titles were 17 years ago. Those are holes in his resume. Drew's title was 3 years ago and he is the only coach in America to earn a top 3 seed the last 5 seasons. That is recent and that is what is most relevant. Hiring a coach based on what they did 15 years ago instead of what they have done recently makes little sense.

He's been out of college basketball for 10 years and his titles were 17 years ago. Those are holes in his resume. Drew's title was 3 years ago and he is the only coach in America to earn a top 3 seed the last 5 seasons. That is recent and that is what is most relevant. Hiring a coach based on what they did 15 years ago instead of what they have done recently makes little sense.

You say that like he stopped coaching basketball altogether. If anything, he should be a better coach given the perspective the NBA has given him. Drew and Donovan both have a long history in the ncaa and Donovan blows drew out of the water.

The only issue is that Donovan spurned us twice, and that matters.

Either way, I think both would be great for Kentucky but one of oats/Hurley/donovan puts the ncaa on notice while the next tier wonders what we will be capable of.

Reactions: RunninRichie
If it's Drew, I will support him 100%. The guy won a title... AT BAYLOR. The guy has the #3 recruiting class, AT BAYLOR. He also had a monster of a team in 2019-2020 when they cancelled the tourney, he could have very well went back to back in 2020 and 2021. Not to mention, there are like 15 pretty good ball players attached to Drew and UK right now that could very well end up on the roster in Drews first year.
Reed Sheppard (probably headed to the NBA)
DJ Wagner (He has one of the toughest decisions)
Ja'Kobe Walter (will he follow Drew and try to improve his NBA stock?)
Jalen Bridges (same question as Walter)
Langston Love (If he follows Drew, he is a direct replacement for Antonio Reeves)
Jordan Burkes (Might look forward to a new coach that can see him on the bench)
Ugonna Onyenso
Big Z
VJ Edgecombe (would he decommit from Baylor and follow Drew to UK?)
Robert Wright III (same question as VJ)
Jason Asemato (same question as VJ and Wright)
Jayden Quaintence (Follow Cal, honor and head to UK?)
Boogie Flande (same)
Billy Richmond (Same)
Somto Cyril (Same)
Travis Perry (KY kid...he is coming)
I don't expect all of these guys to be here, maybe not half even... but if 6 or 7 of them do come and Drew could get a couple portal guys to want to be part of the next UK chapter, its a freaking TEAM, likely the best one Drew has ever coached.
Best post. Praise be to you sir

You say that like he stopped coaching basketball altogether. If anything, he should be a better coach given the perspective the NBA has given him. Drew and Donovan both have a long history in the ncaa and Donovan blows drew out of the water.

The only issue is that Donovan spurned us twice, and that matters.

Either way, I think both would be great for Kentucky but one of oats/Hurley/donovan puts the ncaa on notice while the next tier wonders what we will be capable of.
I agree both would be probably be great here. I would probably also take Oats over Drew by a hair but we all know the odds of him getting offered are slim.

Reactions: Irish Beck
It’s funny how you’re the gatekeeper for accounts in this site. When you get made a fool of you always go straight to account history length like that means anything.

Here is a link since you’re having trouble finding it. This is your new home. Coach cow is waiting for you to fight his battles there. Your time here is done

Actually this is literally the first time I have ever pointed out when someone joined. So, you don’t actually know what you’re talking about. But since I’ve been here a very long time I can smell socks pretty easily

Actually this is literally the first time I have ever pointed out when someone joined. So, you don’t actually know what you’re talking about. But since I’ve been here a very long time I can smell socks pretty easily

THATS A LIE 😂😂😂😂😂😂

It’s simply disgusting how Calipari has lowered some of you all expectations so much that we settle for this and you act like you’re happy with it. This isn’t Tennessee. We should’ve been able to get whatever name we wanted and this wasn’t the name we wanted.
We couldn't get Donovan before Cal.

Scott drew last 5 years
128-35
9-3 NCAA tournament
1 ncaa championship

Bill self last 5 years
130-37
9-3 NCAA tournament
1 NCAA championship

John Calipari last 5 years
105-52
1-3 NCAA tournament
What is Oats the last 5 yrs. Im not that impresssed with Oats.

Reactions: cathead64
If you're not a big donor then all I can say is Sorry. Unfortunately, these days not all fans are created equal. College game is literally out of pocket.

Scott Drew last 5 years
128-35
9-3 NCAA tournament
1 NCAA championship

Bill Self last 5 years
130-37
9-3 NCAA tournament
1 NCAA championship

Nate Oats last 5 years
117-54
8-4 NCAA tournament
1 Final Four

John Calipari last 5 years
105-52
1-3 NCAA tournament

If he’s the choice, I’ll support him.
I’m just not impressed that he’s been at Baylor 21 years and never left for a better job and has one title in that time. I think the argument that Baylor was a mess when he took over 21 years ago and look what he did - after being there 16 years - is not a strong one. Great coaches turn things around more quickly than that and usually leave for better schools. Scott Drew reminds me of Jim Valvano. A good coach and great human being, but not a great coach. If Mitch didn’t get a hard no from Hurley and Donovan before going to Drew, it’s a shame.
do you even read the crap you post..... holy cow

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT