ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome aboard Russ Yeast!!

“He is not the tallest receiver at 5-11, but a 5-11 corner with a 7-2 wing span and excellent ball skills can be a special player,” Craig Yeast said. “I think he has the ability to play on either side of the ball in college.”

What !?!? 7-2 wing span?????

Even if he is 2017, if you guys are full on WR's, why add one in the next class? Seems like a waste of a ship to me. Unless they feel he is a Cobb like talent it seems like you would be better served addressing needs. Oh well, it's your program.
LMAO...this coming from the guy who said in another thread that Stoops would have taken the Michigan job.

Guess the UL fans are starting to feel the heat and need to start stalking us and making crap up . Yeah he's only a 4 star WR on ESPN and Scout. We're gonna have 7 senior WR's in 2 years...that's why we are gonna load up on receivers in 2017. Probably take 4 or 5.

Even if he is 2017, if you guys are full on WR's, why add one in the next class? Seems like a waste of a ship to me. Unless they feel he is a Cobb like talent it seems like you would be better served addressing needs. Oh well, it's your program.

Because when Mr. Yeast arrives at UK in the fall of 2017, we will have at least 5 or 6 WRs that will be seniors that fall. Surely you would recognize that just because a one recruiting class is full with respect at a particular position doesn't mean you shouldn't accept a commitment in a later class at the same position. It's called roster management.

Now, instead of pet(ing) your "ino", why don't you go pet your salamander back on the UL Board?

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Congrats on the pickup. That's a great get for you guys.

It does provide a question that I am thinking or hoping some of you may be able to answer. Last week we signed Kewon Wakefield over Kentucky and many of you guys were claimed UK never offered Kewon. The reason that many of you gave was that you weren't signing anymore WR's and were trying to sign a few defensive players. Yet, here is a WR commit. Can someone explain this one to me?

It's KEION.

Reactions: JHB4UK
Wide receiver breakdown by class they are currently scheduled to graduate in (and I know there could still be redshirts):

2020:
Yeast

2019:
Holtzclaw
Ross

2018:
Gosier
Greenwood
Jackson
Richardson
Snodgrass

2017:
Baker
Bone
Johnson
Badet
Montgomery
Williams

2016:
Timmons

2015:
Herrick

That means that Yeast won't be on campus at UK until 2017. He will be a freshman. That year we will have 6 scholarship receivers graduating and we'll have a total of roughly 13 wide receivers on the roster. If I had to guess the staff will likely try to redshirt Yeast that year. So, he'd be coming in as a RS freshman in 2018 when we have roughly 7 scholarship receivers. So, we'd need him in 2018, and will likely take several others in 2017 to ensure that we have some redshirted players to step in after losing the 6 WR class of 2017. Getting more in 2019 (or the 2016 HS class) is not that necessary because we would still have roughly 12 scholarship receivers on the roster, not including those incoming freshmen. Where will we need more help? After 2017. It's better to get that help a bit early and redshirt them rather than having to replace seniors with freshmen. At least this is all in the perfect world where everyone stays healthy, happy, doesn't leave early for pros, and doesn't get into trouble. Big difference in needs for 2016 high schoolers versus 2017 high schoolers.

Wide receiver breakdown by class they are currently scheduled to graduate in (and I know there could still be redshirts):

2020:
Yeast

2019:
Holtzclaw
Ross

2018:
Gosier
Greenwood
Jackson
Richardson
Snodgrass

2017:
Baker
Bone
Johnson
Badet
Montgomery
Williams

2016:
Timmons

2015:
Herrick

That means that Yeast won't be on campus at UK until 2017. He will be a freshman. That year we will have 6 scholarship receivers graduating and we'll have a total of roughly 13 wide receivers on the roster. If I had to guess the staff will likely try to redshirt Yeast that year. So, he'd be coming in as a RS freshman in 2018 when we have roughly 7 scholarship receivers. So, we'd need him in 2018, and will likely take several others in 2017 to ensure that we have some redshirted players to step in after losing the 6 WR class of 2017. Getting more in 2019 (or the 2016 HS class) is not that necessary because we would still have roughly 12 scholarship receivers on the roster, not including those incoming freshmen. Where will we need more help? After 2017. It's better to get that help a bit early and redshirt them rather than having to replace seniors with freshmen. At least this is all in the perfect world where everyone stays healthy, happy, doesn't leave early for pros, and doesn't get into trouble. Big difference in needs for 2016 high schoolers versus 2017 high schoolers.

Ross is a Juco. So he will be part of the huge 2017 graduating WR class.

WOW.......tards really are this stupid.

Reactions: ukalum1988
He's a lot better than 3 star Keon Wakefield..You can have our scraps..[roll]

Holy moly! You really are an idiot.

Because when Mr. Yeast arrives at UK in the fall of 2017, we will have at least 5 or 6 WRs that will be seniors that fall. Surely you would recognize that just because a one recruiting class is full with respect at a particular position doesn't mean you shouldn't accept a commitment in a later class at the same position. It's called roster management.

Now, instead of pet(ing) your "ino", why don't you go pet your salamander back on the UL Board?

To his defense, it's hard for UL fans to know about roster management when all they take are transfers kicked off other teams. I can see the confusion with how many years they all have left and how many years the new convicts will have.

It's KEION.
At this point it's Kewon . Dude has used the wrong name in multiple threads so I get the feeling the name is gonna stick...

That being said.. Yeast is wayyy better than Kewon and they just better hope that talented kids keep getting kicked out of other schools. Kewon is an average 3*... Yeast is a 4* with a much higher ceiling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT