ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome aboard Russ Yeast!!

HUGE legacy recruit for the Cats, and a tremendous start to the 2017 class, getting one of the primary QB targets in the class (who based on film, could very well end up ranked higher), and one of the top 10 players in the state of Ohio, a four-star receiver, and son of a legendary WR who played for UK.
Terrific week thus-far, and I expect it to continue! GBB!

I'll leave a link to his Hudl highlight below!

Link to Hudl highlight

Reactions: JasonRDunn
Was hoping the unknown commit would be him. Welcome aboard!!!

Just watched his Hudl highlights. The kid sure has his daddy's speed. Those highlights were from his sophomore season, so the kid is only going to get stronger and possibly faster. Great pickup for UK. Stoops is really building something special here folks. I honestly believe after this season, UK is going to have to start fighting off some big schools to keep Stoops and his staff.

Reactions: vikingfer
Just watched his Hudl highlights. The kid sure has his daddy's speed. Those highlights were from his sophomore season, so the kid is only going to get stronger and possibly faster. Great pickup for UK. Stoops is really building something special here folks. I honestly believe after this season, UK is going to have to start fighting off some big schools to keep Stoops and his staff.

Kid is tough. If his Hudl stuff is accurate, at 5'11, 175#, with a 315# bench press and 435# squat as a Sophomore in high school, the kid is a beast.
I have no reason not to believe it based on his Hudl highlights. In some of those plays, he's dragging 3 and 4 players.

From the highlight: ~35 sec he runs the wildcat for a score and again at the 4:44 mark. Plays OLB, ILB and DE too. Great athletic potential.

Last edited:
internet-high-five.jpg

Thanks for posting the link to the Hudl highlights, Rhavicc.

I really think that he has great focus and concentration while the ball is in the air. He takes care of business by making sure that he makes the catch first. Then, he has a good little stutter step move and follows his blockers well.

Very happy to have him join the Wildcat family.

How awesome is it that we're basically done with 2016 and getting started with the 2017 class.

And it starts with a QB and a WR.

OT: there was a thread labled: 2017-four-star-wr-russ-yeast-to-kentucky-with-hudl-highlight that was deleted with only 3 comments. What?
Answered: merged threads

Last edited:
awesome, this isnt just a charity offer for a legacy, Russ will be a top 10 player in Ohio in the '17 class.

the '17 class for offense is looking scary good....Mac Jones, Yeast, in with Kurt Taylor at RB, and of course great standing with hometown 5* O linemen Wills.

Congrats on the pickup. That's a great get for you guys.

It does provide a question that I am thinking or hoping some of you may be able to answer. Last week we signed Kewon Wakefield over Kentucky and many of you guys were claimed UK never offered Kewon. The reason that many of you gave was that you weren't signing anymore WR's and were trying to sign a few defensive players. Yet, here is a WR commit. Can someone explain this one to me?

Congrats on the pickup. That's a great get for you guys.

It does provide a question that I am thinking or hoping some of you may be able to answer. Last week we signed Kewon Wakefield over Kentucky and many of you guys were claimed UK never offered Kewon. The reason that many of you gave was that you weren't signing anymore WR's and were trying to sign a few defensive players. Yet, here is a WR commit. Can someone explain this one to me?
Well Yeast is 2017 not 2016 for one thing. Also, UK backed off of Wakefield a long time ago. He didnt progress the way they thought he would when they offered him a year plus ago when Oregon, the school he wanted an offer from also showed interest.

It seams that the Yeast will be rising again at UK. Does anyone have the measurable on Yeast?

Well Yeast is 2017 not 2016 for one thing. Also, UK backed off of Wakefield a long time ago. He didnt progress the way they thought he would when they offered him a year plus ago when Oregon, the school he wanted an offer from also showed interest.
Even if he is 2017, if you guys are full on WR's, why add one in the next class? Seems like a waste of a ship to me. Unless they feel he is a Cobb like talent it seems like you would be better served addressing needs. Oh well, it's your program.

Even if he is 2017, if you guys are full on WR's, why add one in the next class? Seems like a waste of a ship to me. Unless they feel he is a Cobb like talent it seems like you would be better served addressing needs. Oh well, it's your program.
Our depth chart is currently full of Sophomore receivers and eventually they will graduate and we will need receivers to take their spots as upperclassmen. Kentucky has 3 receivers they feel great about in this class and will likely take multiple receivers in each class. If Wakefield were a complete stud they would have taken him, numbers are really running out for this class and UK is in a position with all of its commits to be very selective with its last few rides.

What??? SMH.

ADVERTISEMENT