ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Aboard Marcelys Jones

Let's just be excited that we're getting dudes that are legit. Now it's up to Schlarman to develop these players.

It is not just development. Remember Micah Jones? OLineman are hard to project. That is why 2 stars get into college, grow into their frame, train in a college weight room and become early round draft picks while 4 stars do not crack a lineup (football lineup).

Just saying we have an unprecedented cache of ready-made athletes unlike we've ever seen for oline. By shear statistics, we should produce more NFL draft picks out of this class than UK has in 30 years....if they're developed.

It is not just development. Remember Micah Jones? OLineman are hard to project. That is why 2 stars get into college, grow into their frame, train in a college weight room and become early round draft picks while 4 stars do not crack a lineup (football lineup).

Bad example. Not saying he would have been gangbusters but Jones had to quit football due to injury.

Reactions: Levibooty
Sure, there are 2 star exceptions all over the place and especially the OL and QB.

But those on here that actually believe gathering 4 star OL talent is not indicative of overall OL success must not watch Alabama, LSU, OSU, Southern Cal, etc., play football from year to year to year. It works out pretty well for them.

Reactions: Levibooty
Not to mention, our 2-3 star "diamond in the rough" OL recruiting has generated ONE NFL draft pick over the last decade or so.

Looking forward to UK having significantly more talent to develop.

Not to mention, our 2-3 star "diamond in the rough" OL recruiting has generated ONE NFL draft pick over the last decade or so.

Looking forward to UK having significantly more talent to develop.

Uh, not unheard of for a 5.6 like Warford to be a high draft pick but while it might have been 11 years and not sure he was even drafted Gary Williams had a long and very good NFL career as a FIVE POINT ONE two star.

Not unheard of at all, and well deserved because Larry is a stud (he was the "one" I referred to).

But I'd much rather hang my wagon to Stoops and company, and them having that many OL draft picks in HALF the time, thanks to the substantially higher level of overall quality of recruit that they are currently attracting.

Stated differently, MAC teams put a 2 star OL in the league every year. But I'd just assume have an OL like Bama, LSU, etc., that are made up of a substantially higher quality of talent from left to right, and also put kids in the league.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT