ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Aboard Marcelys Jones

tumblr_m0fbvky7so1r1r1u9o1_400.gif

he should of been here all along. its where his heart was. every problem he had at osu could be attributed to being unhappy with where your at. he's got a year to work on himself then come out and start dominating in '16.

Reactions: SlykkteeHMail
Great get. Works out pretty well for him, gets a national title and then comes to UK to help UK compete in the SEC in the coming years. Not a bad college career at all.

Good news for us, he's a Sophomore that's eligible for a redshirt. He will have 3 years of eligibility with UK.
Looking forward to an offensive line with:

(potential left tackle) Tate Leavitt, an elite JUCO LT (whose only official visit set is to UK, and is believed to cut Alabama from his list already)
left guard: George Asafo-Adjei (4 star Semper Fi All-American)
center: Drake Jackson (#1 C, 4 star top 100 Army All-American)
right guard: Marcelys Jones (4 star Army All-American)
right tackle: Landon Young (4 star top 100 Army All-American)

All available to play in 2016, each with multiple years of eligibility. Would be tremendous. :cool:

Good news for us, he's a Sophomore that's eligible for a redshirt. He will have 3 years of eligibility with UK.

(potential left tackle) Tate Leavitt, an elite JUCO LT (whose only official visit set is to UK, and is believed to cut Alabama from his list already)

All available to play in 2016, each with multiple years of eligibility. Would be tremendous. :cool:

That's dirty. Look out.

I'll take your wager, and raise you the following for 2016

LT - Leavitt (JUCO JR), Meadows (RS JR)
LG - GAA (true SO), Haynes (RS Jr)
C - Toth (Rs SR), Stallings (RS SO)
RG - Ramsey Meyers (RS SR),
RT - Cole Mosier (RS JR), Stenberg (RS FR)

then, let's just stockpile those high school all-americans [winking]

Reactions: hmt5000
Great news!!! This staff at least knows how to build a winner and that all stars in the trenches. Been doing a wonderful job on both sides of the ball recruiting the big uglies. Love what our OL and DL looks like for the next few yrs!

Love getting 4 star O-Linemen!! The only way we ever actually compete in the SEC is to keep getting Big, Strong, Physical Bigs!! The future is looking better every day!!!

Huge get for us. Not only because he is a tremendous talent but the school he is from always has high major div 1 players. Just in his class their was 3 guys that went to Ohio St.

If we could start pulling in some talent from that school it would be surreal.

That has a real chance to probably be the best offensive line UKs ever had.

seriously folks, we've never seen this kind of recruiting on the O-Line. We've got to keep coach Stoops in Lexington.

As long as the improved recruiting = more wins, I'm all for it...wins is all I want at the end of the day..but it is nice to be bringing in some top-shelf talent on the o-line..it's the hardest position to recruit in football & second most important position on the team behind QB in today's offensive-oriented football

The key is to recruit solid on the line each and every year, and then develop those guys once they get here, b/c recruiting them is only half the battle...it takes a whole lot of good players to have a good offensive line...there are five players on the line and they all need depth, that's why it's important to bring in these type of players every year

The SEC is a league that's made in the trenches

As long as the improved recruiting = more wins, I'm all for it...wins is all I want at the end of the day..but it is nice to be bringing in some top-shelf talent on the o-line..it's the hardest position to recruit in football & second most important position on the team behind QB in today's offensive-oriented football

The key is to recruit solid on the line each and every year, and then develop those guys once they get here, b/c recruiting them is only half the battle...it takes a whole lot of good players to have a good offensive line...there are five players on the line and they all need depth, that's why it's important to bring in these type of players every year

and that's why I'm celebrating. This O-line recruiting is NIGHT AND DAY better than years past....

Trust me, it will translate to more wins. There is no doubt.

Potential OL in a couple of years.

LT: Wills
LG: Jones
C: Jackson
RG: GAA
RT: Young

That is a ton of talent.

I agree Andy. If we figure out how to get that kind of talent on the defense we will be a big time contender. I can't wait. With a 7 to 8 win season this damn thing is gonna explode.

Big Juco DT that decommitted from Miami has set an official visit. This year will be proof that Stoops has put together the 4 best recruiting classes UK has seen in 40 years. Perhaps ever.

Last edited:
what a great pick up,the O line is looking good for years to come,you must have a good O line to play in SEC way go Coach Stoops
I am not shocked Jones is doing this, but surprised by the speed it happened. Jones and his family are smart with business affairs. Like you said, we need a good offensive line to play in the SEC. This is a great pickup, but does not guarantee our offensive line will look good for years to come. First off, Jones will sit out a redshirt year as a transfer. I think Jones is a guard. GAA got snaps at right tackle out of necessity in April, but I think he will also end up as a guard. Interior of our future offensive line might end up Jones-Jackson-GAA, a nice upgrade once it happens. But that will take some time while Jackson finishes high school and Jones redshirts. As good as things are looking in the interior, the opposite may be true with our tackles. Tackle is 1 of the few areas of our roster not getting solved yet. Krok is gone, Swindle graduates, the position is thin. Signing Landon Young is a great start, but Young is not as physically ready as Jackson. That's why Stoops is recruiting juco tackles. Until Stoops beefs up our quality depth at tackle, the future of our offensive line is still in a state of flux. It is fixable, but not right away. Fixing the defense can be done faster than finding and developing true SEC offensive tackles. When tackle gets fixed, that's when we start seeing 9-10 win seasons and top tier bowl games. It's coming, but it will take more than Jones. But Jones is good news for our running game.

I do not disagree that the OL position are very important but disagree that they are the hardest positions to recruit in football. IMO DL and good cover corners are rarer than OLs and much harder to recruit. They might be the hardest positions to recruit on the offensive side of the ball.

Reactions: Pulaski Cat Fan
Potential OL in a couple of years.

LT: Wills
LG: Jones
C: Jackson
RG: GAA
RT: Young

That is a ton of talent.

Agree other than switching Wills and Young. Young is a prototypical LT. Wills will play RT until Young goes on and then move over.

Agree other than switching Wills and Young. Young is a prototypical LT. Wills will play RT until Young goes on and then move over.
I agree with your lineup. If Wills gets signed. I do not believe Wills is anywhere near being a slam dunk for Kentucky. Kentucky has a 50-50 chance to sign Wills. Landon Young is the future left tackle, but it may take him a couple of years.

ADVERTISEMENT