ADVERTISEMENT

***UNofficial Kentucky vs. Gonzaga Thread***

Each freshman on this team has shown some kind of promise at some point . If this was the 90s you would be excited on what the future holds .

Instead we know most of these guys are gone either way and only 2 guys are mocked to get picked in the lottery . It’s a sad time for Kentucky basketball . It’s a sad time for college basketball in general

Is there an NBA team that wants Cal? Today’s college game has him baffled even as he takes the court w more talent than arguably any opponent.

Reactions: catzcan
It's February and we still can't defend, this season is over as far as winning anything, SEC, SEC tournament or even one game in the NCAA IF we get there. We have players that can't defend and a coach who can't teach defense and is too stubborn to try anything different.

Up 3 wirh secs at home lose.

Down 2 with secs left at home lose.

Both end of game coaching calls=Horrible!
Cal should be kicked out of the HOF for the crap he does.

I loved his lineup when we got a decent lead, Burks, Ugo, and Edwards. Only save was Shep taking over since he had only 1 guy to pass to.

Reactions: ukjenning44
Sigh. So deflated. I agree with the poster who said if we had Few on the sideline, we win by 10+.

I’ll keep watching my Cats, because I love them, but not Cal.

Cal is a fool.

He’s just got so much defensive work to do. But yes he can play. If he could tighten up on ball? He’d be a Top 5 pick easy.
Yep, it’s not that he can’t do it, he just likes backing off so he can lurk for steels etc.
The problem is when you give space it’s just too easy to move you where I want you to go with the crossovers. If he would body up lie you say the contact limits a lot of the offensive guys options even it you’re slower than them.

I have never seen a coach who is a clueless as our coach. He didn't even have enough sense to at least try front the post as an attempt to deny the entry pass. We just stood behind allowed the pass and couldn't stop it. How soon before all of the coach defenders come out telling us how it was all the players' fault. This team is no longer worthy of my valuable time.

Shep, is a huge disappointment. He has all the skills necessary to become a great player, but he has no courage. This team needed him badly in the first half while he was deferring to Edwards. Wow!!! What a hopeless team.!!

Part of being a great floor leader is determining what the team needs and providing it. Shep is weak on defense most of the time and I can deal with that, but the lack of courage to take over offensively when it really matters bothers me tremendously.

Our 3 bigs played 41 minutes and had 7 rebounds.
That was about a bad a beatdown in the post in the second half as I have ever seen. Even when there main guy Ike was out some no name looked like a 6 star (if our guys are 5 stars).

I tried to find the chart shot but I doubt anything in the last 10 minutes by the Zags was not in the paint.

Once Cal had Bradshaw to go w the returning Ugo -knowing their limitation was muscle-how did he not secure a big w some beef instead of getting another light 7’?

Cal is an idiot. Reed, Reeves, and Rob played damned near no mins together. And Rob played hardly any in the second half. Just idiotic.
Obviously you are not a HOF coach with 7 NBA all stars this year! These college games are just mere distractions until the greatest night in UK basketball history comes around On draft night CCC may have 7 players drafted this year. What a lucky number!

Obviously you are not a HOF coach with 7 NBA all stars this year! These college games are just mere distractions until the greatest night in UK basketball history comes around On draft night CCC may have 7 players drafted this year. What a lucky number!
7 better be lucky. We are headed for a 7 seed at the best.

Might not get in. Looks like an NIT team right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT