ADVERTISEMENT

***UNofficial Kentucky vs. Gonzaga Thread***

Good game, Shep but you made 3 horrible passes today. Did Cal draw that okay up? It definitely wasn’t open. Take the shot, Reed

Hell of an effort by Reed. Tough spot but he had to make his best judgement. They also had Reeves coming off a screen. Lob, pass to AR or shoot. It actually wasn't a bad play.

Sure did. Rolling from the far right wing to the left side of the rim. HOFer in action.

Well I don't think he meant for that to be an alley oops.

Once again in this game, it was bad execution. Which, yes still falls on the coach for not getting the team in a better spot.

But the blame has to go onto Shep at least a bit for passing the ball into such a bad position.

Well, at least they kept it close. I mean we're talking about one of the top teams in CBB over the last decade. You can't really expect to beat those teams very often, even at home, when you're so young, right? Just got to keep working, get ready for the draft, and make sure we have the No.#1 recruiting class. But, if Duke gets another guy, it may be over.

3 straight homes losses, probably gonna miss the ncaa tournament, a losing record in sec but lay probably, but we can’t live without this fraud dogshit coach

Multiple options there ….reed took the bad one .
I don't think he gets drafted.

+ good (not great) FT shooter
+ great 3 point shooter
+ cerebral player in breaking down the defense on the drive
- poor defense
- okay to poor passing
- not very athletic.

He really needs to come back for another year, muscle up, and WORK ON DEFENSE.

Absolutely right, Shaudy ! With 3-point shooters like Sheppard, Reeves, and Dilly ... why do you do anything other than try to get one of those shooters open to win the game ?
Answer ... because he's CCC ! ! !
Because cow is an idiot.

At least let shepherd drive to the Hoop. Look what he had been doing that whole second half.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Absolutely right, Shaudy ! With 3-point shooters like Sheppard, Reeves, and Dilly ... why do you do anything other than try to get one of those shooters open to win the game ?
Answer ... because he's CCC ! ! !
It’s like the run at the beginning completely took him out of the game plan . I’m befuddled right now .

I’ve never seen a star player not play most of the minutes in a second half unless it was because of injury

Calling a low percentage lob play when down 2, in the bonus, and we have been effective at attacking the rim the whole second half… was not smart at all. That possession should have been looking for a layup or foul the whole way.
The last play should have been 100% reeves attacking the rim with our bigs crashing the backside.

Reactions: Chevyfn2
q2hD8t0.png

Cal shouldn't be fired for that final play. I'm really not trying to be a smartass. That was a good design with 3 options.

Cal should be fired because he never adjusts. He just left our bigs down in the post like chum in shark infested waters.

This is a really bad loss. It's almost as bad as UNCW. I know some will laugh at that but a weak team, in a weak conference, with zero quad one wins, just flew across the country and kicked our ass on our own home floor.

We are the quad 1 gift givers to teams that have to have the win this year

First A&M then Florida and now Gonzaga
Won’t have any more teams like that, just teams that will run the same play over and over again and again. Cal has not a clue, maybe next year we can bring a defensive coach on the team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT