ADVERTISEMENT

UK will beat Bama for these reasons…

In reality, if the D shows up. They have a shot. Keep Milroe from from running all over them. And hope to God, Leary can move the ball.

Last edited:
I am not picking UK to win....but some of you are gameday chicken littles...geez. Bama is playing better but they are trouncing many teams...so if UK is trounced...it will be another bad look on Stoops. UK should be able to play a competitive game.

1. Bama won one scores games in 4th qtr vs. Arkansas, Tennessee, Texas AM and Ole Miss. Miss St was a blowout (and they are worse than Vandy IMO) and LSU (and that as 28 tie until it unravelled late)
2. Bama is a solid but not great offense. They basically score in the 20's vs most teams. Tennessee was a 4th qtr defensive TD and LSU just sucks on D (everybody has a career day with LSU game). So UK can keep Bama in the 20s.
3. UK offensively needs to play a clean game with TOs. And UK hasn't been a TO fest in last 2 games. So play clean (or 1 at most) and you don't gift them scores.
4. Leary has been on point lately. Spread Bama out and let Leary attack at times and keep them somewhat honest with Ray Davis rushing. Bama does have a good pass rush so we can't just pass all day.
5. MIlroe is much improved and he's about money for 1 big play a game. So it's a given he'll hit a deep shot. But limit Milroe to play in pocket and make him beat you from there and not on his feet. This is where UK's conservative pass rush might be a handy thing. Believe it or not...Milroe has been top sacked QB as he holds on too ball too much. So let's keep him in pocket and let him kill a few drives on his own.

I actually think the Tennessee game is harder for UK to win vs. Bama...the matchup isn't suit to what Stoops can do. I 'll pick Bama 28 - UK 20 in a game Bama pulls away in 2nd half.

Could it happen sure. Anything can happen in sports which is why I do not bet. However Kentucky's track record with these huge statement games is very disappointing under Stoops. There have been times we have played Georgia, Tennessee etc and should have won or played a lot better and we just simply didn't. Until they can prove they can get the team ready for these games and have them believe they can win I expect a comfortable win for Alabama.

It won't happen, no sense even speculating. Call me negative Nancy, lol, I just think that is an honest assessment. Throughout Stoops entire career, we do not show up for these types of games and even after 11 seasons, we often get embarrassed. This team has no shot against bama. Don't get me wrong, I wish they did, and I will be cheering like we do on Saturday, but if I am being honest, I do not see any possibility of it

Last edited:
Thoughts are -- players need to come focused and play great for 4 quarters. Can't have mental mistakes and play aggressive.
Stoops defense is bend don't break. Defense needs to take some chances, swarm the field, and keep a spy on Milroe. Running QB has been huge problem over the years. Milroe is a beast though.
Offense needs to enforce their will. I hate first and goal at the 3 and throwing the ball. Enforce your will on the other team, it's demoralizing. Didn't do it early in season and didn't do it last week.
All that is generic but we can win if we play mistake free, defense flies around and takes some chances, and offense is able to impose their will.

Interested in everyone’s thoughts.
1. Nick Saban can't coach.
2. Bama only has 19 five star players on the current roster.
3. Stoops is a better game/clock manager.
4. Brad White will have an excellent game plan to pressure Milroe and stop the QB run game.
5. Liam Coen will not run Davis into a 9 man box on 1st. down.
6. Bama will overlook us as this game is not important to them.
7. Hell is going to freeze over.

It won't happen, no sense even speculating. Call me negative Nancy, lol, I just think that is an honest assessment. Throughout Stoops entire career, we do not show up for these types of games and even after 11 seasons, we often get embarrassed. This team has no shot against bama. Don't get me wrong, I wish they did, and I will be cheering like we do on Saturday, but if I am being honest, I do not see any possibility of it
Please ... feel free to lie to me. Seriously, I agree with you. I just would like to see UK begin to learn to compete in a serious way even when the game may be out of reach ... just don't throw in a towel and look like a loser. I would be happy to just settle for being proud of the way they competed and didn't give up. Over time, they might learn what it takes to actually win. Also, please cut out the trash talk ... it's embarrassing at times for this team.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
I am not picking UK to win....but some of you are gameday chicken littles...geez. Bama is playing better but they are trouncing many teams...so if UK is trounced...it will be another bad look on Stoops. UK should be able to play a competitive game.

1. Bama won one scores games in 4th qtr vs. Arkansas, Tennessee, Texas AM and Ole Miss. Miss St was a blowout (and they are worse than Vandy IMO) and LSU (and that as 28 tie until it unravelled late)
2. Bama is a solid but not great offense. They basically score in the 20's vs most teams. Tennessee was a 4th qtr defensive TD and LSU just sucks on D (everybody has a career day with LSU game). So UK can keep Bama in the 20s.
3. UK offensively needs to play a clean game with TOs. And UK hasn't been a TO fest in last 2 games. So play clean (or 1 at most) and you don't gift them scores.
4. Leary has been on point lately. Spread Bama out and let Leary attack at times and keep them somewhat honest with Ray Davis rushing. Bama does have a good pass rush so we can't just pass all day.
5. MIlroe is much improved and he's about money for 1 big play a game. So it's a given he'll hit a deep shot. But limit Milroe to play in pocket and make him beat you from there and not on his feet. This is where UK's conservative pass rush might be a handy thing. Believe it or not...Milroe has been top sacked QB as he holds on too ball too much. So let's keep him in pocket and let him kill a few drives on his own.

I actually think the Tennessee game is harder for UK to win vs. Bama...the matchup isn't suit to what Stoops can do. I 'll pick Bama 28 - UK 20 in a game Bama pulls away in 2nd half.
ri2rl7nhc2wntjiy.gif

1. Nick Saban can't coach.
2. Bama only has 19 five star players on the current roster.
3. Stoops is a better game/clock manager.
4. Brad White will have an excellent game plan to pressure Milroe and stop the QB run game.
5. Liam Coen will not run Davis into a 9 man box on 1st. down.
6. Bama will overlook us as this game is not important to them.
7. Hell is going to freeze over.
8. Pigs fly

• Haha
Reactions: cathouse
Alabama is obviously very good and very tough to beat. This disrespect of the Cats is fairly sickening from the home fans though. To expect a win is obviously unreasonable imo but to pretend like we are helpless idiots is wrong. We have lost to 3 very good teams and too many fans think we are hot garbage.

Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
Alabama is obviously very good and very tough to beat. This disrespect of the Cats is fairly sickening from the home fans though. To expect a win is obviously unreasonable imo but to pretend like we are helpless idiots is wrong. We have lost to 3 very good teams and too many fans think we are hot garbage.
Not worried about the fans. Worried about what goes on on the field especially the sideline leaders.

Reactions: cathouse
How is it disrespectful when we didn’t just lose but was completely dominated by the only three good teams we’ve played? Seriously man.. where is the hope in that?

You have one leg on each side of the fence. You say it’s gonna be hard to beat them but that we should also think there’s a chance that it will happen. Way to cover for yourself to wait and see what happens so either way you’re able to say “I told you so.”

Since you’re a better fan than most, are you willing to guarantee a win today? Kentuckys only hope is that Alabama overlooks us.

Only way UK wins is if Milroe gets injured early. I think we’ll be able to move the ball a little but I don’t trust our defense against good teams.

That's the problem. We have lost to the only 3 good teams we have played and beat a bunch of cupcakes and sec teams that aren't making a bowl game most likely.

Still don't know much about how good this team is.

Please ... feel free to lie to me. Seriously, I agree with you. I just would like to see UK begin to learn to compete in a serious way even when the game may be out of reach ... just don't throw in a towel and look like a loser. I would be happy to just settle for being proud of the way they competed and didn't give up. Over time, they might learn what it takes to actually win. Also, please cut out the trash talk ... it's embarrassing at times for this team.
Unfortunately, that’s never gonna happen with stoops. I am for forever grateful for stoops for digging us out of the hole we were in and getting the school committed to football, but he has hit his ceiling, this is what we are. If we want to take the next step, we need a new staff and to get rid of this weak a@$ defense

AND fans like you that see the nose on your face are the.problem. Mark Stoops is the reason for this because of his offensive dinosaur philosophy and will continue to be. Period!!! Wake the hell up!

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
Unfortunately, that’s never gonna happen with stoops. I am for forever grateful for stoops for digging us out of the hole we were in and getting the school committed to football, but he has hit his ceiling, this is what we are. If we want to take the next step, we need a new staff and to get rid of this weak a@$ defense
Offense,offense, offense. Weak a$$ offense is our problem
Turnovers by Bama and UK to have at least 38+ pts on the scoreboard.

Offense,offense, offense. Weak a$$ offense is our problem
The offense is our problem but don’t get it twisted. The defense is as well. You can’t play zone with 7-10 yard cushions against elite opponents and expect to win. Especially when you get zero pass rush and tackle poorly. This defense took a step back this year

I agree but I think too many here are tired of being reminded of what you say. At some point they will come to the same conclusion on their own and then join the chorus. My thing is that Barnhart needs to go as well ... rather just retire. We need new blood from the top down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT