ADVERTISEMENT

Should we take this guy?

maysvilleky

All-American
Aug 13, 2003
Foreign kid…7’1” only 19 yrs old. But modest stats 9.4 ppg, 4.3 rpg and 1.3 blks? Not really an outside shooter at this point.

Should UK show interest?

f852bd70-ed01-4c8e-9e6d-1f456b0972f5_text.gif

I don't think he'll go #1. He may be a star one day but it might not be with the team that drafts him because he'll probably be a free agent by the time he's ready. Reminds me of a lot of UK players the last 15 years; you know they'll eventually be very good but it'll somebody else that reaps the benefits.

ps: I doubt he's eligible for college since he's been a pro for a while

Foreign kid…7’1” only 19 yrs old. But modest stats 9.4 ppg, 4.3 rpg and 1.3 blks? Not really an outside shooter at this point.

Should UK show interest?
Are those stats vs Grown-Ass MEN, vs P5 schools, vs mid-majors, vs NAIA schools, vs other High Schoolers, or at the local Y? Not to mention was that in 35mpg, 25mpg, 15mpg, ect....?
CONTEXT is important!!!

Are those stats vs Grown-Ass MEN, vs P5 schools, vs mid-majors, vs NAIA schools, vs other High Schoolers, or at the local Y? Not to mention was that in 35mpg, 25mpg, 15mpg, ect....?
CONTEXT is important!!!
It is against grown ass professional men in the ABL (Australian Basketball League). He is a teenager playing in a true professional league, not some 3rd or 4th tier pro league in Turkey. Australia has some damn talented players, and he plays in the best league there. He will not be day 1 ready, but the kid WILL be a solid player.
There is no clear cut #1 this year, he may end up going 4th or 5th, who knows ?

Reactions: CrimsonCats
CONTEXT is important!!!
Actually glad you want more info. I was just trying to show some were really getting hung up on last year’s stats without knowing much about the actual player. Kudos to you.

These stats were for Alex Sarr who has been playing in the ABL and is getting considered for the #1 overall pick in the draft.

Actually glad you want more info. I was just trying to show some were really getting hung up on last year’s stats without knowing much about the actual player. Kudos to you.

These stats were for Alex Sarr who has been playing in the ABL and is getting considered for the #1 overall pick in the draft.
Not disagreeing with your point (everyone knew it was Sarr you was using though), but huge difference in who Sarr got his stats against. He did it in a really good pro league against 25-30 year old long time pros, not like he padded his stats in the Colonial League or weak high school region. he is a 18-19 year old kid who has cut his teeth and has some good stats against pros. Some of these transfer guys are 23 year olds who have never played in a big time conference against great competition. Yes there will be stars who move up in class, but not ALL of them.
Sarr is far from a finished product, his ceiling is very high and his floor is also high. A lot of these 5th year transfers are pretty much what they will be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT