ADVERTISEMENT

Joey Hart

I think he stays. He's got some incredible guards in front of him to learn from and go against. Did he only come here to say he once participated in Kentucky games or did he come here to develop his basketball ability. I think he knew what he was getting in to.

I have no idea whether Hart stays or not. But he isn't going to play ahead of Boogie or Perry. If Sheppard comes back (<50-50 chance in my totally uneducated opinion), Hart may as well make a dash for the portal. But this is his decision to make. Maybe he likes Lexington.

I am much more concerned about Burks, who has the talent to be a difference maker in our playing rotation next season. We could really use Burks back.
Somebody that is more familiar with Fland and Perry can correct me if I’m wrong, but Fland is a PG and Perry is a CG. From video (because we sure haven’t seen enough while at UK to know) I think Hart is a 2G/SF. So there wouldn’t be much if any overlap with Fland and I doubt Perry would ever be at SF at his size. But forget that for a moment. Why do you think it’s so obvious that Hart can’t play in front of Perry his freshman year? I’ve watched Perry (and really like his game) and have no trouble seeing a sophomore Hart playing in front of Perry.

Now that’s different than saying Hart will play over Perry or anybody else, but I just question those who write Hart off based on what little we’ve seen his freshman season. I believe Hart was recruited based on his talent and potential to be a substantial contributor at UK. When you’re recruited to UK, I assume you’ve got high ceiling or high floor potential.

Who TF is Joey Hart? Seriously
Top SG out of Indiana in 2023. Great 3pt. shooting at 6’5” with some hops (jumped Center for his team). Son of a very successful high school basketball coach (who himself was the son of a basketball coach). Played on winning high school teams. Indiana high school All-Star. Some might think this sounds like a player a good coach would love to develop. But he didn’t play at UK as a freshman, so we’re all hoping he leaves so we can get another OAD that couldn’t throw it in the ocean – but does improves our chance at a recruiting title.

Top SG out of Indiana in 2023. Great 3pt. shooting at 6’5” with some hops (jumped Center for his team). Son of a very successful high school basketball coach (who himself was the son of a basketball coach). Played on winning high school teams. Indiana high school All-Star. Some might think this sounds like a player a good coach would love to develop. But he didn’t play at UK as a freshman, so we’re all hoping he leaves so we can get another OAD that couldn’t throw it in the ocean – but does improves our chance at a recruiting title.

You’re hoping he leaves? I don’t even remember ever seeing his name.

You’re hoping he leaves? I don’t even remember ever seeing his name.
Yeah, he was the kid the scouts really liked at Pro Day. Unfortunately, Duke looks like they'll be tough to beat for the recruiting title. But if we can get a couple of five star reclass kids and maybe Knox (or preferably someone higher ranked that might decommit), then I think UK has a good shot. But we'll need to free up some space on the roster for that I think.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT