ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight Was More Proof

That Cal cost us the Gonzaga game by refusing to play Ugo in the 2nd half when they kept going to that scrawny white kid on the block and he was giving Bradshaw the business.

Ugo 10 blocks tonight- ties a Rupp Arena record with David Robinson.

Ugo is also our best big man in Pick-N-Roll coverage as well- by FAR. And that includes Mitchell and Thiero.

Play that kid 28 minutes/night.
Ccc was given a coaching clinic by few. Not just a lesson, but a clinic

OP loves when we play horrid teams. Ugo played well, for sure. But it's only the second time all year that he did. His lack of BB IQ will likely be on full display again Saturday.
Yes ugo will be bashed by auburn.
Bet pearl is licking his lips to beat uk's brains out

It wasn't fair to put Dilly back in with 5 minutes to go vs Gonzaga so that is why he sat him. So nice to be "fair to him" instead of try to win the damn game.

Reactions: bnewt
Has he, though? I could have coached us to wins over Cupcake U. and I would have fouled against Florida. I would also have gone to a zone or hedged against Gonzaga. And I wouldn't have benched Rob.
Most any high school coach would have too, yet the used car salesman wasn't smart enough to do either

It is my choice how I spend my time. However, my unsolicited advice to you is spend more time learning the game so that you are not so easily duped by a swindler like our nameless coach. Kentucky used to be known for one of the most basketball knowledgeable fanbases in the country. The influx of fans like you are destroying this recognition. We lose 3 consecutive games at home for the first time since most can remember, and you think the victory last night is a sign that the ship is back on course. Lol
Partially correct. A lot of fans just flat out don't care anymore, and won't as long as ccc is here

If we play small ball, we should be playing man and pressure defense. For a change of pace and to confuse the opponent we should go big with Z and switch to a 3-2 zone defense. It would enable the team to benefit from Z's shooting and passing skills without getting hurt because of his inability to play man defense.
This is exactly true. The problem is that it would take something called preparation. Apparently this left with robic.

You can post all you want, but how about layoff the whining? Instead of debating with me about my comments, you sound like someone who is trying to get sympathy by playing the victim.
I don't understand this at all. I don't want sympathy. I want to post something remotely positive without being called a Cal worshiper. Get over yourself.

I don't understand this at all. I don't want sympathy. I want to post something remotely positive without being called a Cal worshiper. Get over yourself.
I didn't personally call you anything to initiate your initial response to my post. However, I did make a general statement that you obviously think clearly describes you. You seem to have some real issues because you are trying very hard to make this series of posts about you and it isn't about you. I don't know you and don't care to know you so give it a rest or do you prefer to continue whining about your unfair treatment? If all you want to do is post something imaginary, I mean positive, by all means do so and stop whining about my posts.

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with NIL or anything else that you are using as an excuse. Cal has sucked for years so don't act like this is something that just started happening. Season after season, we see former players doing things in the NBA that they didn't come close to achieving at Kentucky. Why? They are actually taught how to play the game instead of the playground basketball that Cal has been pretending to be a paradigm shift. That guy has flat out lost whatever coaching skills he ever possessed. He is only a bunch of tired cliches.
I know you hate him but I gotta disagree again. Cals decline began with the ramp up of AAU ball and the rise of AAU handlers. His first team with Wall, Bledsoe and Cousins. When have you ever seen a freshman play ball ( especially defense like that) for ANY team in the last 5 years?? Bam was a beast at 18 ripping with muscle and played defense like he looked. Now we see Edwards, Bradshaw, TyTy, Boston coming out or high school. They are fragile and weak because they have been coddled by their handler. Cal hasn’t forgotten how to coach. The talent coming out of high school has declined dramatically with AAU ball. No Handler will send their 5 star anywhere that some teams gonna play defense. AAU is a shooting, dunk fest to showcase athletics. No one trains these guys in the weight room anymore. Bledsoe and Teague looked like Greek gods at 18. The one and done high school guys ARE NOT COMING INTO THE NBA AND STARTING ANYMORE!! Wall, cousins, Bledsoe, Bam ect started day one on an NBA team. Shai Alexander, Maxey even Booker were in the league 3 years before they took off. The talent coming out of high school stinks. Cal depends on new high school talent to fill our roster every year so We stink. We can’t compete anymore with a roster of weak, pencil thin freshman that can’t play a lick of defense. Cal will have to change THAT system to survive. He won’t and his tenure will end badly.

I know you hate him but I gotta disagree again. Cals decline began with the ramp up of AAU ball and the rise of AAU handlers. His first team with Wall, Bledsoe and Cousins. When have you ever seen a freshman play ball ( especially defense like that) for ANY team in the last 5 years?? Bam was a beast at 18 ripping with muscle and played defense like he looked. Now we see Edwards, Bradshaw, TyTy, Boston coming out or high school. They are fragile and weak because they have been coddled by their handler. Cal hasn’t forgotten how to coach. The talent coming out of high school has declined dramatically with AAU ball. No Handler will send their 5 star anywhere that some teams gonna play defense. AAU is a shooting, dunk fest to showcase athletics. No one trains these guys in the weight room anymore. Bledsoe and Teague looked like Greek gods at 18. The one and done high school guys ARE NOT COMING INTO THE NBA AND STARTING ANYMORE!! Wall, cousins, Bledsoe, Bam ect started day one on an NBA team. Shai Alexander, Maxey even Booker were in the league 3 years before they took off. The talent coming out of high school stinks. Cal depends on new high school talent to fill our roster every year so We stink. We can’t compete anymore with a roster of weak, pencil thin freshman that can’t play a lick of defense. Cal will have to change THAT system to survive. He won’t and his tenure will end badly.
You will defend our nameless coach to the very end. You act like all the other coaches are coaching in a different environment.

"The influx" of fans like me? I've been a Kentucky basketball fan since the 1940s. I don't get the hyperbole that anyone saying anything positive after a win means they think we are going to win the National Championship or are "Cal worshippers." Some people just chose to look at the positive in situations rather than to wallow in misery at all times. We are obviously on opposite sides of that coin.
Just because you were born in 1949 doesn't mean you were a fan then. LOL

Reactions: LmdCat
You will defend our nameless coach to the very end. You act like all the other coaches are coaching in a different environment.
No other coach even blue bloods went all in on one and done except Cal. NC, Duke and Kansas all have some guys that have been there 3 years. Dukes point Roach has been there 4. I’m not defending him. His system worked when there were guys coming out of high school that could play college ball. He created a culture if you come back you failed. We will be starting a whole new team next year as well, Bradshaw, Edwards, Z, UGO , Wagner are in no way ready to leave. They all will. You’re confusing me explaining why he is failing with me supporting him. I am NOT. His system is broken, You CANT WIN with a team of freshmen. They are NOT the same kind of players as back then. He showed it could be done at one time, but times change. I want him gone because I know he won’t change his broken system. If he would, I would give him a second chance because what he did is his first 5-7 years was awsome. He is not failing with horrible coaching. He is failing because every year we have a team full of freshmen. Freshman coming out of high scroll now now are weak, undisciplined, ego filled and have never played defense. That’s why we are losing. It’s that simple.

No other coach even blue bloods went all in on one and done except Cal. NC, Duke and Kansas all have some guys that have been there 3 years. Dukes point Roach has been there 4. I’m not defending him. His system worked when there were guys coming out of high school that could play college ball. He created a culture if you come back you failed. We will be starting a whole new team next year as well, Bradshaw, Edwards, Z, UGO , Wagner are in no way ready to leave. They all will. You’re confusing me explaining why he is failing with me supporting him. I am NOT. His system is broken, You CANT WIN with a team of freshmen. They are NOT the same kind of players as back then. He showed it could be done at one time, but times change. I want him gone because I know he won’t change his broken system. If he would, I would give him a second chance because what he did is his first 5-7 years was awsome. He is not failing with horrible coaching. He is failing because every year we have a team full of freshmen. Freshman coming out of high scroll now now are weak, undisciplined, ego filled and have never played defense. That’s why we are losing. It’s that simple.
"You CANT WIN with a team of freshmen." Maybe you should tell this to the fool who keeps trying. As for what he did in the past, it is just that in the past! Past success is no guarantee for future success as our nameless coach has shown you for more than 8 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT